• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(42223)

Imperial Minister
Mar 28, 2005
Guild Imperium Beta3 Project Thread:

Objectives:

Have this, beta3 the last iteration for beta.
Which means I will be prepared to limit what is done.
I hate to say it, but some ideas will be 'cut'
:eek:

Bringing in 'Republics' as a gov't type is cut.
They will be as they are now; Paternal Autocrat and a republic in name.

I won't say if I'll cut anything else at this point, but just see what I stuff in.

==========================

Beta 3 will be only to test for glaring oversights on my part and then I will release publicly as Guild Imperium One.

I am also going to see if I can convert Guild Imperium One to DD after it is done. Excepting I will ignore the spys.

===========================

I look forward to finishing this project and playing the game myself.
:D

So far,

I have tweaked the combat system to better accomodate both human and ai to ai interaction. It is not all encompassing however, I hope some events and scenario environment will also help.

Will now sort out the Guild Fascist rebellions. They were purposefully left soon and rapid for beta, but I have still not heard of anyone 'experiencing' them first hand as say Imperial France or Imperial Germany?

Next, will work on events. Loads of them.
And the Pirates, Armed Traders and Watchers.

Many thanks to everyone's interest and beta tester feedback. Please keep it rolling in, as that better insures Guild Imperium One will be a finer mod.
:cool:

One Imperium to bind them all as one world unfolding

lloyd007 said:
Ah so you want someone to play Europe. A challenge! as they say... ;)

Oh ya, here is a short list.

Iberian Empire
Imperial France
Imperial Germany
Kingdom of Ukraine
Kingdom of Poland
Imperial Russia
Kingdom of Sweden
Austrian Empire

Sorry I havn't been very active, I haven't had much forum time at all...

But I'm sad about Republics being cut... :(

Will they make it back in for "Guild Imperium 1.0"?

GeneralHannibal said:
Sorry I havn't been very active, I haven't had much forum time at all...

But I'm sad about Republics being cut... :(

Will they make it back in for "Guild Imperium 1.0"?

It is really unknown to me, as I need take the work one step at a time and just see what can be accomplished.

I am very interested in completing this project.

Have got Beta2 working with the Watcher tag fix?

Yukala said:
It is really unknown to me, as I need take the work one step at a time and just see what can be accomplished.

I am very interested in completing this project.

Have got Beta2 working with the Watcher tag fix?

I haven't played it at all recently (my access has been limited) but I should be able to play more frequently now. I'll play as France first :)

lloyd007 said:
Beta 2 works now with the Watchers tag fix. They really were the main cause of the slowdowns. Now it takes up to 2 years to get as slow as it did in 6 months

Hey that is truly great!!

Have you played any Euro Guild invested country yet?

I have actually 'toned it down some' so far as timing (in beta3), but if are host to one, you will have a potentially nasty affair.

I am anxious to get more human feedback on the experience.

GeneralHannibal said:
I haven't played it at all recently (my access has been limited) but I should be able to play more frequently now. I'll play as France first :)

Sounds wonderful, remember a Guild Fascist rebellion is a rebellion of ones own countryman, so watch how you post troops about. I do not however, know what if any strategy there could be to counter it, except luck.

Feel lucky?

Guild Imperium_Beta3 update

Guild Imperium_Beta3 update:

Well off the top.

Pirates are up and rolling in a much more comprehensive way.

Now testing.

Basically, they will operate as scavengers... I have them set up to 'clean up' on 14 nations (some have allies) that are near at hand, exposed by sea etc.

They build up and come in quickly to scavenge the 'remains', as they trigger only when the target is very weak mostly.

It seemed like a goodly use for them.

Next is Armed Traders which will employ a varying concept on some remaining countries with long exposed sea provinces. Am exploring the doing of it now.

Pirates should have strong air and sea power with high tech level marines but pretty much nothing else (Maybe give them this in the beginning rather than the techs so they don't become overpowered?). Maybe the same thing with AT

lloyd007 said:
Pirates should have strong air and sea power with high tech level marines but pretty much nothing else (Maybe give them this in the beginning rather than the techs so they don't become overpowered?). Maybe the same thing with AT

Good suggestions. Eighteen month test to June 1st 1931. Pirates are 27th in land unit builds, building only marines, para's, mountain, and garrison a few HQ. But are 6th and 7th in air and sea. They have some 11 battleships second only to Imperial Russia who has 12 and India has 10.

And they are coming on at the last where those countries fail, except when they have an intact ally. So Empire of Siam triggered the Pirates DoW but got quickly annexed soon thereafter; leaving their ally the Philippines, to fight the Pirates all alone. And now the Pirates hold both the south and north Philippine islands and look like they will prevail.

Right now their techs and teams are the exact same and their starting OOB is paltry (same as a minor puppet). But they have their own AI, which I have tweaked for the special requirements of operating from islands spread out across the planet.

I am happy camper, I wrestled to get it working this well.

Guild Imperium Beta3 update

Guild Imperium Beta3 update:

Except for fine tuning, Pirates are done.

Next I have the working concept for the Armed Traders.

Since game speed is up from pushing forward and sparsing out Guild Fascist revolts in Europe and layering in more parameters to DoW thus reducing frequency, I will go ahead with the ideas I have for Armed Traders and then the other two Guild Imperium brotherhoods, one for the Americas and one for Asia.

So, Armed Traders will have three branches and operate in defined theaters.

The Meditterranean branch with work there and the N. Atlantic.

The African branch will work Africa and S. America.

The Hong Kong branch with work Pacific and Indian Ocean areas entire.

Three branches, three tags, but with same flags, colors, different ministers. Similiar to Guild except they will not ally with each other but rather have secret agendas to help or hinder...

Guild Imperium Beta3 update query

I have been working as well on countries gaining cores by event if/when they meet some simple criteria. Nothing fancy, just take and hold some ground. Trying to keep it to theme however, so it is not a free for all.

But, the triggers are set high (by chance) because the AI's do not 'know' and are just as likely to go another direction from game to game. That means though the triggers are set with high random factors, once an AI accomplishes the needed province control for a short while they get the cores and conquently the game is more dynamic.

This is nice as is AI wise. But, add in you dear humans and who really know sooner than later and will go after these choice targets forthwith or stop an AI from so succeeding if close by.

So I would propose what may appear as a double standard, however in playing the game I think not. That being two core events chains; one for AI and the other for humans, identical except the 'chance' for humans would be set much lower...

What do you all think?

Rather than that, I would make them different from game to game, possibly with 3+ choices. That way, it would be more difficult for the humans to know what to go after. But your thing is OK to I think :)

After all, if we do it randomly, it may very well not go along with "game culture" or the "general storyline"

GeneralHannibal said:
Rather than that, I would make them different from game to game, possibly with 3+ choices. That way, it would be more difficult for the humans to know what to go after. But your thing is OK to I think :)

After all, if we do it randomly, it may very well not go along with "game culture" or the "general storyline"

How about a set 1/3. Humans having 1/3 the chance of AI's once they meet the trigger requirements? Trigger requirements would be constant.

Yukala said:
How about a set 1/3. Humans having 1/3 the chance of AI's once they meet the trigger requirements? Trigger requirements would be constant.

I wouldn't make it 1/3 the chance, just make it take maybe twice or three times longer on average. Because it should happen eventually...

GeneralHannibal said:
I wouldn't make it 1/3 the chance, just make it take maybe twice or three times longer on average. Because it should happen eventually...

For beta3 how is this setting?
Once control conditions are met which will be always identical for AI and human alike.

AI
random = 75
offset = 15
this assures success in a month most likely.

Player
random = 25
offset = 15
this assures success in 2 to 3 months, but could happen in 15 days.

Actually that's probably too high for a human player. 10-15% is better. I mean bitter peace fires all the time and it's only 5% (I think...) heck maybe just give it bitter peace timing... I dunno how things work with event timings.

It's fine imo if the ai gets perks that the human doesn't get like cores faster since even with the ai being much tougher than normal it still doesn't match up or see things that a human would see (like big encirclements)

Actually that's probably too high for a human player. 10-15% is better. I mean bitter peace fires all the time and it's only 5% (I think...) heck maybe just give it bitter peace timing... I dunno how things work with event timings.

It's fine imo if the ai gets perks that the human doesn't get like cores faster since even with the ai being much tougher than normal it still doesn't match up (of course that said I have yet to play a true 'underdog' nation cause I know I'll get stomped flat :p) or see things that a human would see (like big encirclements)