• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like the cores idea :D

So is it ready nearly forgot to ask today

Andri said:
So is it ready nearly forgot to ask today

:D

Nope, thanks for asking though.
;)

Is it ready? I wanna play as some Pirates yarr mates!

Andri said:
Is it ready? I wanna play as some Pirates yarr mates!

:D Well in last night's test the Pirates had notable impact took some nice provinces or foiled the plans of two major powers, Kingdom of Scotland and Imperial Japan, well for Japan they were simply a nuisance... :cool:

I once had the armed traders occupy all of Japan, but that was when Japan had a whole lot of enemies.

GeneralHannibal said:
I once had the armed traders occupy all of Japan, but that was when Japan had a whole lot of enemies.

Generally I see them as spoilers and the Pirates as cleaning up the rumps and left-overs.
:rofl:

Guild Imperium update

Guild Imperium Beta3 update:

49 cores are in another 10 sketched out.

Have amended the French Guild Fascist Rebellion as signiture for 'why' they happen, using a new pattern I hope to use in the Americas. Where I use the independence command exactly specifying what provinces start Guild Fascist and then have wars start after the fact for other reasons.

Here, in Imperial France it comes of an errant royal nephew of the French Emperor who sides with Guild Fascist in the south of France. And the Emperor tries to 'fix the embarressment' quietly... there, the story unfolds.

I have yet to set the chance of the Emperor to amend peacefully... but the rest of it is working fine.

I also sketched out House Rakoczy coming to an untimely end so often, because of relative strength and position in central Europe. It has some very unique twists let's say.

Progress is steady, however these last things are more complicated. Other events are also being made to support Cores etc.

Hey Andri where are you? Taking the day off, you have not asked today if I am done yet!!

Guild Imperium Special Report

Guild Imperium Special update:

A few thoughts to share.

First the battle tweaking looks like a take at a new level. Here I believe I have fairly given the AI two legs up on human players so beware!!
:D

Watch out prosecuting a war in 1930 thinking to roll over some poor AI. :p

You will get hammered!! Even though it you will be on equal footing.

I removed the 'dig-in' ability which comes on the very earliest in late January 1931 via one of two doctrine techs.

So, in the beginning the airforce is killer then gets wiped and so it is a horse race to build BOTH air power and land power. If either are neglected you are in trouble. Often players pick some cost effective unit or two and build like hell and then find some vulnerable neighbor to hammer quick.

Well again, I also amended the 'time' to give 'orders' from 48 hours to 2 hours, that's right TWO Hours. And in case you are wondering the AI's do not miss opportunity to issue orders in the hundreds over a month or two, like most players will not have a much a chance of doing.
:cool:

And third, except in very hot areas, like Africa where survival is like unto the old Risk Mod set-up, everywhere else, you will 'almost' not ever see an AI declare war foolishly.

I have and am still adding painstakedly triggers and more triggers, events and more shades of events that evaluate three things.

One, if an AI is strong enough to declare war in the first place.

Two, if the target is weak enough or engaged in other wars of merit.

And third, in some special cases if the target country even still holds provinces it wants, like potential cores.

All this with a lot of rebelions and revolts.

Nice huh?
:eek:

And so on St. Helena the old wizard stood aloft thinking...

about what last was said...

'So you left no one standing?'

I think the two-hour thing is just unfair. Maybe reduce it to 24 hours, but not 2. :(

lloyd007 said:
Did you give digging in back to both the Firepower and mobility lines?

yep, good guess!!

GeneralHannibal said:
I think the two-hour thing is just unfair. Maybe reduce it to 24 hours, but not 2. :(

Well it might be, hav'nt tried to play it myself, however the AI's like it. :D

I figure to pause often, play on a slow speed, avoid war first year, build anti-air like hell. :cool:

Ops i thought i forgot something so 2x Is it ready?

Andri said:
Ops i thought i forgot something so 2x Is it ready?

So is it cold in Iceland?

In Guild Imperium, there has been a great weather change across the north and the weather there is more like New England now sporting thick forest etc.

It is also the Home of the neferious Pirates.

Well so,

The Watchers say it is not ready.
The Traders say it is ready.
The Pirates are always ready.
However the American Guild Fascist are still in fog...
And the Asian Guild Fascist less than that.

That is 2 yes and 3 no.

Well its about 0-7°C these days.

So is it ready?

O yes you better make Iceland a powerhouse!!

Guild Imperium Beta3 update

Guild Imperium Beta3 update:

Finally finished off the Cores event file at 54 events.

Not much more to report, except in a 'dream' I read a whole document on how to better intergrate Guild Imperium presence and activity. No kidding a 28 eight page docier of sorts. Quite interesting really. That is what happens when you take naps... :D

I just dream about some crap or nothing at all.

But is it ready?

Andri said:
I just dream about some crap or nothing at all.

But is it ready?

:D hum... but did you not know that the depth, clarity, lucidity and ease of dreaming is directly related to ones present 'state of evolution'? :p

Anyway, progress is slow now for some reason, but I did work a little lately.

And, I just purchased another game. (I feel a little giddy, like I am two-timing or something...) ;)

Anyway, I better keep to a target focus release date of some kind cause this new one has 'charm'... is WWII era, moddable in similiar fashion (events etc), BUT has a MODABLE (with random) up to 200 by 200 map (you define size of each, which is 40,000 provinces or hexes) that sports overlaying upon any other picture... etc, etc. etc.... A decent sounding AI that is also moddable via parameters or calls, scripts, events... :cool:

I may migrate soon.

I do not dare fire it up though until I get more work done.