• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(42223)

Imperial Minister
Mar 28, 2005
Guild Imperium Beta Opinion Voting

For some things I would that you betas played a few dozen games or starts to get better feel for your best opinion.

So I will start a few issues and others can be brought up later.
==============

Shall there be an event string to rattle ones puppets?
Or even ones minor allies?

How about an imposed date for player initiated DoW?
Like June 15th 1930.

One way as well, is have maybe an event chain (player only) that kicks in something nasty (percentage wise, not a certainty) if you are found at war prior a certain date. Even if you are not the one declaring war? I could parse out AI tendency to war to the Fall of 1930? Or in some cases the Spring of 1931.

Please hold off voting about partisans and getting IC hammered from conquest or war until you play out like 2 to 3 years. Then I think some of the first year experiences will start making more sense as you better see how powerful you could become. Or AI's for that matter. :eek:

Thanks and more is coming.

Have ideas for beta1b already so keep playing and keep the feedback a rolling in...
:D

I like the idea of minor puppets and stuff revolting, but they shouldn't be senseless and willy-nilly. Either they need to be coordinated or happen when their master/ally has lost a fair amount of territory. And in the case of allies, perhaps there should be peace treaties?

But as long as you are winning, your allies should (usually) stay by you. After all, having Wales revolt once you own nearly all of Western Europe is a little pointless. However, the same happening if Wales, Norseland and Ireland revolt because Scotland is bogged down somewhere would be something else...

As for waiting to DoW, that would be fine, I imagine its to give AIs a little time to build up...

Or maybe DoWing to early could lead to a bunch of DoWs on you due to GoIs that run out in the fall?

Guild Imperium Beta2 Opinion?

Guild Imperium Beta2 Opinion?

I know I have a few new betas lined up, patiently waiting for Beta2 wrap-up.

So, those with Beta1 and those coming on for Beta2:

How much more work should I do before wrapping up Beta2?

If you have followed some these active threads you generally know what I am working on.

But I will summarize a bit.

I working on 8 and 9 of the European Guild Fascists. This includes needing to add a few dozen more events, but this is only copy/past change tags etc.

I have not beefed up Pirates or Armed Traders, which means to spread out their IC base. Right now each are a little like paper tigers. I have added a few DoW event for them though.

Many others things have been done as related in updates.

The nine in Asia is only a sketch and those in America less than that.

Let me know.
Thanks

Last edited:
IMO you should maybe make the tech team change that I play with (ie one tech team for each country with both mechanics and management, it really helps minors and majors out as they don't spend 8 months to finish the last 20% of some industrial tech).

Other than that and whatever event chains you have you could release beta 2 now. Beta1 vanilla is really polished as it is.

lloyd007 said:
IMO you should maybe make the tech team change that I play with (ie one tech team for each country with both mechanics and management, it really helps minors and majors out as they don't spend 8 months to finish the last 20% of some industrial tech).

Other than that and whatever event chains you have you could release beta 2 now. Beta1 vanilla is really polished as it is.

:D Thanks, I like to keep to high standards. I make sure it works every single step of the way.

Adding a tech teams is not that much work, I will look into adding one or adding to match a few pairs of mechanics and management, thanks!!

some more thoughts...

As for puppets and allies I agree with GH that they shouldn't revolt willy nilly but on occasion some of the stronger ones proportional to their puppetmaster should be allowed to revolt even if they are doing well militarily (like say French Louisiana and Quebec revolting to form their own alliance). Small puppets like Liberia, Copenhagen, Taiwan and the like really shouldn't be allowed to revolt.

Fixed dates for DOW are something I would also support. It allows countries to build enough to withstand an airborne steamroller and other stuff that is exploitable... But it won't help Austria if a human Germany decides to attack ;)...

I would work for nasty event chains if you Dow one of the 'special' countries that won't really attack you and you do it just for the ic boost. Not so much for normal DOW's as countries get really powerful really fast anyways and someone's gotta get eaten... (I mean look at my Germany game. I might have whupped austria but the Ottomans or France will be a whole different story and i'm not even into 1931 yet.)

Good ideas!!

French Louisana and French Quebec need Imperial France I think until either or both CSA and RoA are annexed by someone. Those could be the 'trigger' for 'revolting' out of the alliance with Imperial France.

Nasty events for messing with the 'special' countries I would voluntarily put off till beta3, cause there is also other foundation work needed with them.

Now as for one playing such a powerful country like Imperial Germany (the world's single most powerful economy) I have Guild Fascist.

fair enough for putting things off. I think the western american states like Texas should be in a big alliance to at least somewhat balance Imp Mexico's power. As the only superpower in the Americas (the AI ROA in my games never is able to achieve greatness) it really is too powerful.

I'm for wrapping up whatever minor changes you're working on right now and releasing it as beta2. Any more big changes can wait for a future update. The wait is killing me! :D

VILenin said:
I'm for wrapping up whatever minor changes you're working on right now and releasing it as beta2. Any more big changes can wait for a future update. The wait is killing me! :D

Good Vote!!

I was thinking of wrapping up in Europe for Beta2 leave off Asia and the Americas and anymore with Pirates etc. to Beta3.

That might be most useful as you can still contrast playing Europe over and against playing Asia and Americas.

And for sure much need be learned with Europe packaged so; for it is still a trifle rough around the edges in good ole Europe...
:rolleyes:

*agrees with VLenin*

:D Looks like a concensus!!!

I will look to wrap.
:cool:

Small update

Guild Imperium Beta2 update:

Have made some good progress utilizing some excellent 'feedback' from beta1.

Then my Australian Sheppard had her litter of 11 puppies which I help with every two hours, after holding her through a 6 hour all night delivery. Her first litter, so needs a little help. :D

We have a small Australian Sheppard kennel, so it is more work than one might at first imagine.

So will update more detail when I get more extended rest and back up with chores.

All so beautiful...
8 males, 3 females in perfect health.
:)

When I first read that I thought you said there were 11 puppets of Australia :eek:o

Anyway, congrats Yukala on your new responsibility :)

Thanks guys!!

I was able to work some last night and generally got caught up some rest. All is wonderful with the puppies and their 'bitch'. (new dog mom) :)