• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
GeneralHannibal said:
What about Africa?

And am I correct in assuming that South America is considered part of America?

And I guess this means no more "Fascist France" and those kind of nations, as they will all be one...

Will there be anything to differentiate Republics from Kingdoms/Empires and those from Guilds. Just curious :)

Africa has wholesale claims on each other in a precise pecking order. So the only thing for Africa is 'timing' of wars. Now is set early, late February 1930.

South America, Central and North are considered one whole.

Yes, these are all Fascist and will be the only Fascist. The Republics come last as a cure to Fascism but that would be installed in the last Beta. The appearance of the new Republics cures the 'repeating' appearance of the Fascist.

There will be riddles to unlock in order to get the first Republic to appear or be made by converting your own government from Imperium to Republic.

But I get ahead of Beta2 now.

Yukala said:
Africa has wholesale claims on each other in a precise pecking order. So the only thing for Africa is 'timing' of wars. Now is set early, late February 1930.

South America, Central and North are considered one whole.

Yes, these are all Fascist and will be the only Fascist. The Republics come last as a cure to Fascism but that would be installed in the last Beta. The appearance of the new Republics cures the 'repeating' appearance of the Fascist.

There will be riddles to unlock in order to get the first Republic to appear or be made by converting your own government from Imperium to Republic.

But I get ahead of Beta2 now.

What about Republics that start in the game, such as the RoA, Texas, Oregon, Desert, the CSA and so on. I also think that People's China should be special in some way, maybe start out as the only one of its ideology.

Also, are the republics all the same like the Fascists are or will they be separate?

And finally, will people be able and supposed to play as the fascists? Because IMO eventually all of the factions should be equipped for player use with maybe little events explaining what people are supposed to do with them at the beginning.

GeneralHannibal said:
What about Republics that start in the game, such as the RoA, Texas, Oregon, Desert, the CSA and so on. I also think that People's China should be special in some way, maybe start out as the only one of its ideology.

Also, are the republics all the same like the Fascists are or will they be separate?

And finally, will people be able and supposed to play as the fascists? Because IMO eventually all of the factions should be equipped for player use with maybe little events explaining what people are supposed to do with them at the beginning.

In the beginning, January 1930 all 74 starting countries are Imperial, every single one. Republics are so in name only. Imperium rules, republics are 'name only' tolerated and that is only in the Americas.

Then generally you build one of these into a monster super-power Imperium. Then the Guild Fascists come. And come and come. Until either a new republic is borne or one is made. A true republic will be immune to Fascist revolts whether made or born.

Right now the only way a player can play a new republic or Guild Fascist would be to save and restart the game as they do not appear until a few years into the game.

Yukala said:
In the beginning, January 1930 all 74 starting countries are Imperial, every single one. Republics are so in name only. Imperium rules, republics are 'name only' tolerated and that is only in the Americas.

Then generally you build one of these into a monster super-power Imperium. Then the Guild Fascists come. And come and come. Until either a new republic is borne or one is made. A true republic will be immune to Fascist revolts whether made or born.

Right now the only way a player can play a new republic or Guild Fascist would be to save and restart the game as they do not appear until a few years into the game.

But when they do appear, they will fully work for the player, no?

Also, will there be elaboration on what the Armed Traders and Pirates do?

GeneralHannibal said:
But when they do appear, they will fully work for the player, no?

Also, will there be elaboration on what the Armed Traders and Pirates do?

Oh yes.

Armed Traders and Pirates are meant to mess up the largest countries. Armed Traders I may keep neutral so far as concerns most Republics, but then Pirates will not be cooperative with anyone.

The Watchers guide humanity and favor the true republic over and against all other countries.

You have to be a grand warrior to take an Imperium to world glory, for as the years unfold so does the momentum against you. The more you gain, the more resistance there will be to stop you. The ultimate warrior's challenge.

Or you can build to a republic and win more by peace, negotiation and prosperity, getting more and more Watcher help to bring the world around to republics.

This last part is down the road cause of time and knowledge on my part, but I think it is possible.