• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(42223)

Imperial Minister
Mar 28, 2005
Guild Imperium Beta Change-logs

If you guys can keep up with great, however if not is fine to as their is so much to test.

Many thanks and keep me posted as to what you have done and certainly ask any questions.

At some point I can email changed files if you would rather I did that. Just let me know.

========================
========================

Here Guild Imperium Beta1 changelog: Number #1

Find in db folder the misc.txt file and scroll down to bottom and change the tech skill level cost FROM 0.35 and LOWER to 0.2

Also, if you want to keep playing you can amend the province.csv file province 686 add 250 energy and 150 metal.

Or start over and add to French Louisiana inc. file or the resourc.inc file both located in scenario folder.

Add in only one place. The advantage of the province file is that it changes after reloading and immediately affects the game you are now currently playing, this is also true with changing the misc.txt file. Upon reload you can enjoy the changes with the current game.

However, amending scenario inc files requires restarting for the changes to have effect.

So for Guild Imperium Beta1 changelog Number #2

Go into all puppet files and place a # in front of puppet and control lines. They are located just after the country tag.

Even though the puppeted countries now only minor allies also have what is called a 'puppet.ai' posted in next line following, ignore that and leave it as is, for that just a descriptive name I gave their ai's and will still apply

List of Puppets

Copehagen Trade Guild
Deseret
Estonia
Greece
Helvetica
House of Flanders
House of Lux
Kazakia
Kipchak Empire
Korea
Kingdom of Ireland
Kingdom of Wales
Norseland
Manchuria
New Zealand
Pacific Fire
Romania
Republic of Liberia
Sequoyah
South Africa
Taiwan
Tibet
United Provinces of America (UPA with a U11 tag)
Yugoslavia
========================

Method of amending files:

Scenario/Guild Imperium(full of country inc. files
scroll down on each country inc. file to:
country = {
tag = XXX
# puppet = XXX
# control = XXX

only place the [#] twice as shown in red above

:cool:

Didn't work for me. When I did that, they weren't allies, but were still puppets, and when I removed the # for the puppet line, they became allies but not puppets :wacko: :confused:

GeneralHannibal said:
Didn't work for me. When I did that, they weren't allies, but were still puppets, and when I removed the # for the puppet line, they became allies but not puppets :wacko: :confused:

I imagine that was because you modded the eug. file?

In the scenario folder/ Guild Imperium folder are located the 74 country inc. each with their own name. Like CopenhagenGuild.inc. and bak file. They are doubled. Only amend inc. plain not the inc.bak.

It sounds like you went into the Guild Imperium eug. file and amended the alliances themselves. That would do exactly what you just described.

Look again and see if you understand what I am saying and I will talk you through it, or I can email you the whole folder and you can swap it?

Yukala said:
I imagine that was because you modded the eug. file?

In the scenario folder/ Guild Imperium folder are located the 74 country inc. each with their own name. Like CopenhagenGuild.inc. and bak file. They are doubled. Only amend inc. plain not the inc.bak.

It sounds like you went into the Guild Imperium eug. file and amended the alliances themselves. That would do exactly what you just described.

Look again and see if you understand what I am saying and I will talk you through it, or I can email you the whole folder and you can swap it?

OK, I'll try. But I didn't do anything to the .eug main files

Now here is some of the reason it is important.
:D

The pictures I promised from the first 'alliance only test',

Now the first picture is just incredible (I think :D ) and one can only imagine 'how' it happened, as it is now game time middle of November 1930.

We find Norseland a minor ally of the Kingdom of Scotland and fellow ally of Kingdom of Wales and Kingdom of Ireland. So up in Scandinavia way Norseland is running by way 'supply' the campaign (though I know it is Scotland's front AI that is actually running the war :cool: ).

In province Amal;
Norseland,
find a four division army commanded by...
I Irish Corps (Cody Lane) An Irish Corps and leader.
1 Norseland Infanteridivision
1 each Wales Inf division
1 each Scottish Cav Div
and lastly I each Scottish Inf Div.

Gosh the Swedish are going to be 'cooked' with this kind of cooperation.
:eek:

Next the Kingdom of Italy takes it out on the Iberian Empire all by land and air.

And House of Flanders and Imperial France hit the back side of Imperial Mexico 'after' walloping the Republic of America.

I guess one will have to watch their back once you get tangled up in a war against an alliance.
:)

GeneralHannibal said:
OK, I'll try. But I didn't do anything to the .eug main files

Ok let me know.
:)

Hi beta testers!

I just emailed all of you beta1a which does all the changes so far and a few more.

It just scenario folder swap and four file swap down the db tree.

I thought this easier than explaining changes line by line.

Instructions included.

Ask if you need help.

Yukala

Yukala said:
Hi beta testers!

I just emailed all of you beta1a which does all the changes so far and a few more.

It just scenario folder swap and four file swap down the db tree.

I thought this easier than explaining changes line by line.

Instructions included.

Ask if you need help.

Yukala

Will saves work?

GeneralHannibal said:
Will saves work?

No, but go ahead and finish the game you are playing as you already made the main changes that are included in 1a.

Yukala said:
No, but go ahead and finish the game you are playing as you already made the main changes that are included in 1a.

OK :)

Guild Imperium Beta Updates

Guild Imperium Beta Updates:

A hearty welcome to VILenin as the next new beta tester. Will be on board when Guild Imperium Beta 2 is loaded up.

I only need two things to be a new beta tester, your email address and a heart feeling you are on board with this being a private closed beta, file wise.

===================
For clarification all games being played now are a valuable source of feedback to help speed the beta process.

All changes to Beta2 are scenario related as balance issues of the power of one set of countries over against others as mostly now being played by human players.

So with several other things, I did tweak up the IC power of the Republic of America by reducing her peace-time modifier. (a few others as well, mostly in eastern europe).

I have also extended the WarFile timings out two months generally. So that would mean in practical terms for one playing the Republic of America you could build two additional runs of interceptors for defense of your air space and that might make a critical difference. Or something else for that matter, your choice.

I also made a Finland a minor ally of the Kingdom of Sweden with Estonia. These three are powerful bloc of nations to better handle themselves.

Several other minor adjustments to at start resource levels across the world.

Now testing again and will look at adding a new event chain.

Again thanks to all.

Guild Imperium Beta update:

Guild Imperium Beta update:

Militia/partisan remain a problem unit. My settings were not going to work if a country makes them and then they lock down. A question I did have and now proved out.

Two options

I could separate out builds so militia_0 was obsolete at start up and then only partisans would have those characteristics. This is the easy path.

Or keep fine tuning them until they work in all settings as partisan/ai panic builds or human builds whether reasonable or exploitive.

I usually will do what keeps most options open, so I am still tweaking them for use in all situations. They are improved but still not sure about them. What I decide you will see in Beta2.

I have discovered that as units they seem to follow their own drummer. You give them stats that would make a normal unit a real 'killer' and yet I swear some other programming is in place because with them it does not follow out?

Interesting...

Long night, got more ideas to handle stalemates, which is a higher risk when they go to war later than earlier. So often, one solution begets another quandary...
:wacko:

Guild Imperium Beta2 Update

Guild Imperium Beta2 Update:

I know there are now three of you (two new) waiting for Beta2 which will be available as new ground going forward.

So I will keep to a specified list of work to Beta2.

Have now to my satisfaction improved the imbalanced militia_0 unit so it functions well as both partisan and militia for countries. The big difference is as a country unit they 'dig-in'; this one small difference can figure hughly when several of them let's say hole up in a urban province. :eek:

Also have tweaked one single parameter after some very careful study over several hours and a few hands-off tests. That was designed to better avoid AI to AI stalemates across water-connected provinces. Of which as you know in Guild Imperium these number well more than a hundred and are located in very significate places.

It worked and gave a bit of a bonus, the AI's are more successful island hoping generally and 'even more' prolificate at seaborne invasions with para drops. Right off, the Australian Empire headed straight up toward Hawaii in a two months all across the Pacific spreading out in a perfect fan. Of course this time it helped that Japan and allies were also bogged down with a few 'other' wars.

But these islands were still defended, just only by Pacific Fire herself as Japan was tied down with the Mongolian Empire and Taiwan had but taken the southern half of the Philippines and then got stopped. In an earlier game when the Philippines was the only foe of Japan and alliance the Philippines fell entire and were annexed by Japan.

So what I want to focus on next is event strings and bringing the Pirates and Armed Traders more into the game.

And some rebel nations...

And from what I can tell, a few of you are actually winning a little bit here and there. Well gosh!! No need to keep it 'that' easy... :rolleyes:
:rofl:

Guild Imperium Beta 2 update

Guild Imperium Beta 2 update:

First we have another beta tester on board, which brings new ones to three, with first ones at five, so 8 total.

This is great for beta2 which I am cooking up quick.

=======================

I am adding to warfiles and feathering now their timing. But as I embark on a few new event chains I would like to mention that I also brought the world VP up a few notches.

I assigned higher vp to capitols and urban centers (or those acting like them). For a few purposes and had meant to do for some time, but wanted to wait till other things were more matured.

So now VP is tied to AI strategy via the AI engines and diplomacy negotiations. But most importantly from the player perspective is that VP is a fair assessment of winning or losing the Guild Imperium mod.

For instance Imperial Russia's VP is not so far ahead just because of so many provinces for those with several urban centers weigh in the same overall.

So for scoring purposes I would throw out the idea that whoever can get to 500 VP should consider themselves one major victor. And that does not matter 'how' you do it. VP is spread out evenly around the world and relates to actual power economically. There are now 3826 VP to world count; Imperial Russia at 157, Imperial Germany at 127, Republic of America at 123 and fourth, Imperial France at 112. So having a bunch of minor allies (like Imperial France) or puppets, though nice for war will not contribute to winning by VP.

=========================

Designer notes:

My thinking for a fun war game runs this way most different from any love of historical accountability. Flavor yes, this is not yet complete sci-fi. :D

So when I hear how players can and do exploit a unit like the paratrooper over and against AI use of same. I think well, I like using them, so I endeavor to make the AI so good at it too, that if you do not likewise use your para's well, you will get buried. This to me is the 'fun equation', and I trust I have accomplished it in Guild Imperium.

Again thanks to beta testers and interest all.

Guild Imperium Beta2 update

Guild Imperium Beta2 update:

I know there are a few beta testers waiting for this as their first beta test and two originals who files are hung-up.

My apologies, I am making goodly progress loading in events, etc. So it seems a trifle shame to rush it's delivery to much, when those events add so much.

I have a couple of days of intense business coming up as well, so I will have to play it by ear anyway. If I get too busy for a spell, I will cut off beta2 and just load it up as is.
For it is still a great play.

Guild Imperium Beta2 Update:

Guild Imperium Beta2 Update

I thought to share some pictures, but no this poetry I wrote which goes with my Guild Imperium Book, chapter three...

starts the tale so much better... and besides I would not want to 'rob' you of the 'experience'...
:eek:

Beware, Beware the curse afoot…
Across the belly of Europe a dragon stirs
Behold a riddle of which the telling
Will spell the end beginning…

In seven places where waters byways
In seven places the traders go
In two more they dare not
For land binds them all about

Near a place where immortals tread
In another where rivers twine
Count them now as nine
Nine places for mortals to die…

Woe to the Imperium who hold them three
Woe to the Imperium vast their power grows
For when thy greatness shines like stars
So too, thy red woe begins…

yep, :) that sums it up nicely.

I finally after a long week of wrestling figured out and proved how to start a fire in one place and have it spread the world wide. (oh, and have the game stay rock solid)

For this I use three sets of nine country tags as revolters (27 total) run by hundreds of events, all intertwined across three continents; and except for some clues you cannot tell who is who, until...

They are the Guild Fascist

Last edited:
I have a question?

First, can you tell us more about your "Guild Imperium" book?

And secondly, are there 9 countries that can rebel with 3 ideologies each?

Just curious, but when the ETA for Beta2, as it looks very, very cool...

GeneralHannibal said:
I have a question?

First, can you tell us more about your "Guild Imperium" book?

And secondly, are there 9 countries that can rebel with 3 ideologies each?

Just curious, but when the ETA for Beta2, as it looks very, very cool...

The book is my own AAR that themes the Guild Imperium mod; contains intros, story-line and a lot of Nostradamus like poetry. Very onerous or mystically foreboding.

I have old Library full of the stuff and have written for over 13 years without ever publishing, like over 1/2 million words of mantric poetry. I study an ancient form of esoteric geometry and mathematics of most ancient times.

I use it in developing my concept of AI personalities. This is my passion...

Three sets of nine countries. 27 total;

9 for Europe doomed to birth the dragon
9 for Asia too old to remember last
9 for re-born America memories lost

I guess I could describe it by how it behaves.

In Europe there are these nine special revolt countries, each with secreted triggers. They can affect all countries in Europe, some directly, others indirectly. They cause the borders to become porus. When they revolt they take your own troops and use them against you. They get new troops, they build new troops, they immediately ally with the others if they exist. Once one appears, the others start appearing.

Now get this; they are all the same name, the same color, have the exact same leaders, their units are all named the same… Nine points of generating. Nine countries that are but One. They die and return, even on another country and then they have their own turn against them. When you put your curser over them, only the capitol and IC are revealed. So essentially you have One country, Guild Fascist with up to nine capitols, stealing and generating their own units. In Europe they have one name, Zebadore, in Asia another name for their nine, and in America another name for their nine. Three flags of nine.

Simply devastating. Well I have been toning it down a little since I got it to work.

What about Africa?

And am I correct in assuming that South America is considered part of America?

And I guess this means no more "Fascist France" and those kind of nations, as they will all be one...

Will there be anything to differentiate Republics from Kingdoms/Empires and those from Guilds. Just curious :)