• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

I would like to start modding Paradox games if only I knew how!

• True

Votes: 1.716 70,6%
  • False

Votes: 82 3,4%
  • I've already started modding!

Votes: 632 26,0%

• Total voters
You can add vassal limit to the succession law only used by the ERE. Paradox did the same for the HRE's special succession law.
The obvious next question, is how exactly. I assume it should work something like if title is ERE then vassal limit equals to certain number (since vassal_limit = X actually adds up X to the other modifiers)

Another question, is it possible to add demesne bonus for diplomacy, just as one exists for stewardship?
Just adding "NDefines.NDiplomacy.DEMESNE_MAX_SIZE_DIPLOMACY_MULT = X"to defines does not work, I assume I have to create a modifier somewhere first. but I have no idea where it is defined for stewardship for a start?

The obvious next question, is how exactly. I assume it should work something like if title is ERE then vassal limit equals to certain number (since vassal_limit = X actually adds up X to the other modifiers)

Another question, is it possible to add demesne bonus for diplomacy, just as one exists for stewardship?
Just adding "NDefines.NDiplomacy.DEMESNE_MAX_SIZE_DIPLOMACY_MULT = X"to defines does not work, I assume I have to create a modifier somewhere first. but I have no idea where it is defined for stewardship for a start?

For the first part, add 'vassal_limit = 20' in 'succ_byzantine_elective' in succession_laws.txt. See 'succ_hre_elective' for reference.
For the second part, you can't add new defines. You'd have to add new modifiers and update those each year (or more frequently, by continually firing events every so many days) to account for vassal limit. The wiki suggests only laws can change vassal_limit, however, so you'd have to create new laws and change those by events instead.

Reactions:
Hi, i want to make a mod which allows to change a character's ethnicity in game. If possible i would like to make a targetted decision that allows to select from a list of various ethnicities, but i'm not very skilled in modding. Someone has some tips for me?

Last edited:
I just download the game from steam to try it and because of that warcraft mod but I have a question, I look in the wiki before but I'm not sure if it's exactly what I'm trying to do wich is replacing the portrait for a static one like this submode. Maybe I miss something in the wiki article because I'm a little anxious with this kind of things and want to do it now, but if someone orient me in the right direction I would be grateful.

EDIT: couldn't upload the link with the submod because spam or something like that but if you look CK2 Warcraft static portrait mod you would find it, it's one of the first results

I really want to learn to mod, but for whatever reason the event isnt working :(

Thanks for this @cKnoor, I shall certainly make usage of this in my attempt to create a dejure duchy for the counties Vivries and Venaissin - enabling dejure drift to the Papacy over time. I'll probably call it the "Duchy of Avignon" and if I'm confident enough, change the graphics to reflect variation from the standard CoA..

This will be my first mod and AAR, so hope it all goes well and don't end up ruining CK2's game files out of sheer incompetence!

Thanks for this @cKnoor, I shall certainly make usage of this in my attempt to create a dejure duchy for the counties Vivries and Venaissin - enabling dejure drift to the Papacy over time. I'll probably call it the "Duchy of Avignon" and if I'm confident enough, change the graphics to reflect variation from the standard CoA..

This will be my first mod and AAR, so hope it all goes well and don't end up ruining CK2's game files out of sheer incompetence!
Mod making in-progress thanks to @GodModder and helpful hints from @tsf4. With any luck I intend to complete my AAR by attaching it to my save's file and maybe in time release it on the forums as a means to add flavour for otherwise absent immersion of the Avignon Papacy.

• 2Like
Reactions: