• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

I would like to start modding Paradox games if only I knew how!

• True

Votes: 1.716 70,6%
  • False

Votes: 82 3,4%
  • I've already started modding!

Votes: 634 26,1%

• Total voters
I how do i change or find the File with base Troops values? Combat Tactics just are Modifiers. Is it one of DDS files that cant be change? these are the Only files I can find "obj_lead_troops_.dds"
Example the file that has Light_infantry = Upkeep,Moral, Offense , Defensive ?

I how do i change or find the File with base Troops values? Combat Tactics just are Modifiers. Is it one of DDS files that cant be change? these are the Only files I can find "obj_lead_troops_.dds"
Example the file that has Light_infantry = Upkeep,Moral, Offense , Defensive ?
I found it its" Defines.lua"

The mod forum is for those that have already decided to make their first mod, this guide is for those that don't know how easy it is to mod.
It is easy to Mod? Unless you have a basic understanding of Syntax Command structure. (Like OLD DOS .bat and .sys files) symbols example: ( { [ =,# *./ path.dir _: (Old DOS stuff) these are known "wild cards" they are actually commands that our translated through the games .exe which is coded with language that nobody understands unless you know how to program in that language. So Paradox made it a lil easier for dummies like me use "wild cards". .exe file has access to Windows Command line so some files have special extension. like .CSV or .lUA those files have to be edited or save in notepad not word pad. (Word pad does not have access to windows command line to generate scripted files which access to certain types library or DLL files.

hey mi first mod, inspired in vikings series

Attachments

• ragnar.png
    ragnar.png
    48,4 KB · Views: 73
  • ragnar.png
    ragnar.png
    48,4 KB · Views: 63
  • lagerta.png
    lagerta.png
    53,2 KB · Views: 68
  • rollo.png
    rollo.png
    44,7 KB · Views: 64
  • harald fine hair.png
    harald fine hair.png
    46,4 KB · Views: 63
  • ivar boneless.png
    ivar boneless.png
    46,6 KB · Views: 61
  • floki.png
    floki.png
    47 KB · Views: 61
hey mi first mod, inspired in vikings series
that is awesome, i have been thinking a vikings tv show mod is needed and all the characters from the show are in your court...

vikings tv show spoiler:
i hope you make bjorn and everyone else... make thorstein too and the one eyed guy that rollo speared ;) All those characters that died in the early seasons that went to england with ragnar that first time

and everyone from england and france xD

Last edited:
Hi, I need help, I'm trying to create some new tactics, like "bad tactics", "good tactics", "great tactics" and "unforgettable tactics", I know how to put the chances for every martial that the character has, but I do not I know how to put the bonus that each tactic will give the units, would someone like to show me the way?

Hi, I need help, I'm trying to create some new tactics, like "bad tactics", "good tactics", "great tactics" and "unforgettable tactics", I know how to put the chances for every martial that the character has, but I do not I know how to put the bonus that each tactic will give the units, would someone like to show me the way?

Wrong thread.
See links in the opening post.

Hey guys I don't know if this thread is kept up or not.....but I'm having trouble with trying to connect two traits. I want my Dark Carrier trait to have a percent chance of give thier child the darkness trait.

Dark Carrier trait -

Code:
Dark_Carrier = {
ruler_designer_cost = 20
random = yes
birth = 200

opposites = { Darkness }

learning = 3
martial = 3
intrigue = 3

}

Darkness trait -

Code:
Darkness = {
ruler_designer_cost = 30
random = yes

opposite = { Dark_Carrier }

stewardship = 10
diplomacy = 10
martial = 10
intrigue = 10
learning = 10
health = 10

birth = 100
inherit_chance = 25
both_parent_has_trait_inherit_chance = 75
church_opinion = -30
same_opinion = 15
}

Do i need to make a entirely different event for these two traits? or can I just modify this code. Thanks!

Last edited:
Make sure you use proper lower case or upper case as in Vanilla when uploading to steam . If you use the wrong case letter even on folders names it wont work. I just learned this after finishing my 1st mod.

I have completed my mod and it works fine, but whenever I press PUBLISH on the mod manage screen in CK2... nothing happens.

And yes, I've accepted the Steam Subscriber Agreement already.

I have a question about step 10. The text that it asks you to copy and past look nothing like the same pic of what its suppose to look like when it's up and running. Can someone explain? It looks like part of the text is in another language.

How does one get a .MOD file and a .csv file?

For the former, just save a .txt file as .mod instead.

For the latter, you can do the same, but since since each non-comment (i.e. every line not starting with "#") line has to look like "CODE;ENGLISH;FRENCH;GERMAN;;SPANISH;;;;;;;;;x" (or, if we assume you only care about English, "CODE;ENGLISH;;;;;;;;;;;;;x") I suggest you simply copy a CK2 .csv file to your mod's directory and rename it to something unique, delete everything but the first two lines (one will be "#CODE;ENGLISH;FRENCH;GERMAN;;SPANISH;;;;;;;;;x") in the file, clean up the second line so that you have e.g. "EXAMPLELOC;LOC;;;;;;;;;;;;;x" (or the appropriate version for the language(s) you want), and work from there.

If you have further modding questions, I recommend asking in the "Modding - Quick Questions" thread, as that tends to be rather more active than this thread.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is it possible to increase demesne or vassal limit, but only for the holder of a specific title? To be more specific I want to increase vassal limit but only for the rulers of the ERE.

Is it possible to increase demesne or vassal limit, but only for the holder of a specific title? To be more specific I want to increase vassal limit but only for the rulers of the ERE.

You can add vassal limit to the succession law only used by the ERE. Paradox did the same for the HRE's special succession law.