• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm not sure what you mean, to be honest. If you mean you want a nation to be a satellite of another nation upon start-up, then go into the nation which willbe a satellite's .inc file, and add the line: "satellite = [TAG]" (where "[TAG] is the tag of the master). Look in Wallachia and Moldavia's .inc files in the GC for something similar.

aha!
i was looking into those master tags.

i'll try with the line.
thank you.

EDIT:
it worked as your suggestion, and i was playing ahead.
is there a way i can create dominion upon start-up, even if those nation are in the same state/continent?

what i did so far is i did "dominion = tag" in .inc file, but it came out with defence alliance (instead the status shows 'dominion')

my guess is i have to look in national state or non national state things.
what am i missing?

Last edited:
... is there a way i can create dominion upon start-up, even if those nation are in the same state/continent?

what i did so far is i did "dominion = tag" in .inc file, but it came out with defence alliance (instead the status shows 'dominion')

my guess is i have to look in national state or non national state things.
what am i missing?
Yeah instead of "satellite = [TAG]", it's just "dominion = [TAG]", as you say. To make a full alliance edit the alliances in the .eug for the scenario (IIRC they are in the globaldata section and will need specific ID's??). Dominions can be created if the capital for the nation which will be released is in a colony, and not a state.

Yeah instead of "satellite = [TAG]", it's just "dominion = [TAG]", as you say. To make a full alliance edit the alliances in the .eug for the scenario (IIRC they are in the globaldata section and will need specific ID's??). Dominions can be created if the capital for the nation which will be released is in a colony, and not a state.

right.
i did a couple of twists with .eug file, having an alliance between the master-satellite nations. (shh... also having 'dominion = tag' in .inc file.) then it came out they have two relations in the game.
one is defence alliance from 'dominion' (those nations are within a state), and the other has normal alliance.

i'm doing such a big deal here,
but i need to know how VIC engine finds what is state and colony.

I was on about when releasing a dominion from nothing in-game (as opposed to changing the .inc files). If you release a country in-game where the capital of that country is a colony (as in... you own it, but haven't granted statehood) then it becomes a dominion.

Are you saying that in the same .inc file there were the lines:
dominion = [TAG]
satellite = [TAG]

??? You should have one or the other, if so.

Also, the engine knows what is a state or colony depending on how it has been set (granting statehood makes it a state).

Are you saying that in the same .inc file there were the lines:
dominion = [TAG]
satellite = [TAG]

no exactly.

first i was having alliance between master-slave nations in .eug file, then adding "dominion = tag". in the game, it came out that those countries have two relations as my previous comment.

what i have to know now is how i can make a change between 'state' and 'colony' in start-up.

well, i should tell what i am doing with my game: i'm breaking up entire japan into feudal domains. and possibly i want to connect those small domains as dominion.

about dominion,
i am thinking of creating those domains from some european country. technically those new domains become dominion because of non-state countries. then make a save and take data for .eng file.
mmh...

Ahh right. Sounds cool! Well if you just set them up as a dominion from start-up, or via event, then their capital will not have to be a colony. If you would like to change the status of an area from state to colony, this can be done in the .inc files. Here is an example from vanilla Revolutions in the UK's .inc file:
Code:
#Bengal
 state = {
        colony = yes
        province = 1967
        province = 1913
        province = 1990
        province = 1968
        province = 1969
	}
It's the "colony = yes" bit which makes this a colony and not a state.

Ahh right. Sounds cool! Well if you just set them up as a dominion from start-up, or via event, then their capital will not have to be a colony. If you would like to change the status of an area from state to colony, this can be done in the .inc files. Here is an example from vanilla Revolutions in the UK's .inc file:
Code:
#Bengal
 state = {
        colony = yes
        province = 1967
        province = 1913
        province = 1990
        province = 1968
        province = 1969
	}
It's the "colony = yes" bit which makes this a colony and not a state.

seems very interesting.
i need to try.

i'd like to tell how it goes.

i have a question regards to flag change.

if i need to make the flag changed by different political party, where would i need to fix?
i'm thinking of two things: one i would fix campaign events, possibly working for every election turning the flag based on their standing. (ie, change the flag only when fascists take control)
or the other, i'm wondering if i have to make tons of events that change the flag if party A wins an election.

need help, when starting, i get CTD and it doesn't tell me why.

I've done as "Even More Dumber's Guide to Make Your Own Country" says.
well not exactly, my country tag is TEU (sinse Teutonic order, you might allready know) not U00. It might be easier if I send you all of the changed files, or what do you think?

You can't create your own tag. You'll have to use the U00 tag for everything in the files, though change the name next to the U00 tag to Teutonic Order so that it displays as this in-game.

Basically, if this is the only change you've done, go along and replace 'TEU' with U00 where the country you're wanting to create is.

IT'S WORKING, til you get to the part where you should choose nation.:(
When I search I find the text of "teutonic order" behind the "Texas" text, but I can't see the shield. It's like TO is hiding behind texas, it might be something wrong with the shield.

IT'S WORKING, til you get to the part where you should choose nation.:(
When I search I find the text of "teutonic order" behind the "Texas" text, but I can't see the shield. It's like TO is hiding behind texas, it might be something wrong with the shield.
Sounds to me like there is no flag/shield for it (which there should be... I made it for you, I'm guessing?? Lol!).

Erm... go change the name of the flag and shield so that it is the file: "U00.bmp" (I'm guessing you named it differently and haven't changed it??). If you've also specified the name of the flag in your .inc file, that would be the extension which comes after the tag. Just remove it for now, if so.

dubblechecked, nothing wrong.:wacko:

So in "...\maps\shields\" there is a shield called "U00.bmp" (and the same in the flags folder) ?? It is a bitmap image, yes??

What else it may be also is if you have put the tag in the .eug file at the top correctly??

I've had this problem too a while ago, and these were the types of things which Iwent over. I can't remember exactly what it was... ut it was something along these lines??

What else is there you've changed?? I'd really just recommend redoing the whole make your own country thing but remembering the tags to be "U00".

Now it's really working:D:rofl::D
btw; how do you make the commieflags work?