• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Seems to be working now! Thank you for all the help!

can i get some answer here im really getting tick off!
oh yea Pharrel nice guide but can you or someone else at least keep the vicky guide up-to-date since it is not when it come to the province(tw i have ricky install and the latest patches). :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

what if I want to add a country, which is already made (Estonia), to appear at the start. what i need to do?
I know that there is a possibility to start as Russia and then release Estonia, but i want it to be available to choose from the start.

And as I am already asking then someone could also answer how to increase pops size and variety?

Last edited:
I'm trying to create Florida using the U00 code, but I'm getting a critical "Error in DB" message. I've got Ricky, and the Ricky hotfixes.

Jooce said:
I'm trying to create Florida using the U00 code, but I'm getting a critical "Error in DB" message. I've got Ricky, and the Ricky hotfixes.

does it give any other message than "error in DB"?

Sounds like something may have been entered wrong, and thus a line is being read that shouldnt be. Did you edit the country.csv file in db using notepad or did you open it with excel. Opening with notepad I find is easier and less prone to causing lineread errors.

Spothisto said:
what if I want to add a country, which is already made (Estonia), to appear at the start. what i need to do?
I know that there is a possibility to start as Russia and then release Estonia, but i want it to be available to choose from the start.

And as I am already asking then someone could also answer how to increase pops size and variety?

to add a country already defined, you would need to make an .inc file for it that you include in the scenario folder, removing RUS ownership of the Estonian provinces as owned provinces and national provinces, and then add the EST tag to the list of nation tags at the start of the scenario .eug file, and add a line telling the computer to read the new estonia.inc file you create.

re pops - you can edit the pop files, just open them in notepad and change numbers. if you want to add cultures that already exist in game (say ashkenazi in Tallinn) just add a new line for that POP with the right details as to provID, social class etc.

Jooce said:
I've tried to do it twice, so I'm guessing it's not a typo - to answer your question, I used Notepad.

are you getting the error before you select the scenario or after you select the scenario?

what is the exact error message you get? please copy it word for word. That might help me pinpoint where the issue is.

Before, at the loading screen. Before anything even loads, a critical error comes up that reads "-- Error in DB --", with the option to abort, retry, or ignore.

Jooce said:
Before, at the loading screen. Before anything even loads, a critical error comes up that reads "-- Error in DB --", with the option to abort, retry, or ignore.

OK so then the problem is with one of the DB files that you have modified.

Revert to your backup files for DB (you did backup, correct) and see if can load, then start adding any edited files you did one at a time, and then see where it is you get hung up when you load.

OHgamer said:
OK so then the problem is with one of the DB files that you have modified.

Revert to your backup files for DB (you did backup, correct) and see if can load, then start adding any edited files you did one at a time, and then see where it is you get hung up when you load.

Huh. I restored to a clean DB folder, and repeated the steps... and it worked. No idea what the problem was, but it's working now - I'm not sure why I didn't think of trying that. Thanks for the help.

Sorry to be such a bother, I am useless when it comes to computers...

I am trying to create my country and I followed all the steps that were outlined on Vicky Wiki. I didn't add leaders because I didn't know how and it said that it wasn't necessary. I also didn't add any events to my country because I didn't think that I needed them. (its not a particularily important country) and I set it up as a revolt country. When I try to start Victoria, it shows the opening video and then the loading screen. However, it doesn't ever load. I have no idea what I have done wrong, although I am certain that I screwed up.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

Arghhh

I am trying to add India, as in the Republic of India but every time I attempt to it does not work. Could someone please add it for me (All Indian Provinces as National, starts with the current British ones), it would be a really good help for an AAR I want to write in the future. Every time I go to load it, Ricky Crashes, maybe it is my Flag's size, but I am not sure. Please, someone help.

Also, I have the events written, and they work for the Mughal Empire, but not India(I tried them on the Mughals first)

lelouchlamparouge@gmail.com (Use that on MSN if you want to contact me that way), please help.

Does this work for Vanilla?
Making countries is the same in vanilla as in VIP, or other mods.
i was following the instruction for a new nation, and got me a question:
what or when do you work on POP file?
Well usually the POP files will already be there... you've just added a naton. For information on making POPs, check out the POP forum (particularly this).

Making countries is the same in vanilla as in VIP, or other mods.

Well usually the POP files will already be there... you've just added a naton. For information on making POPs, check out the POP forum (particularly this).

thank you.
i see my mod working without major overhaul, meaning i thought i had to build new pop file when i split a country.

what i do now is to let pop file as it is. eventually i'm making a tweak within the file, hoping it works.

Diplomatic Relation in .Eug File

i'm trying to set up master-satellite relations between created countries at the beginning of the scenario. i did a short cut, which i created satellite nations through command in different game, then copied the relations from saved data to the .eug file. in my scenario, i see normal alliance between the nations, but doesn't bind as satellite.

where should i look for the fix?

I'm not sure what you mean, to be honest. If you mean you want a nation to be a satellite of another nation upon start-up, then go into the nation which willbe a satellite's .inc file, and add the line: "satellite = [TAG]" (where "[TAG] is the tag of the master). Look in Wallachia and Moldavia's .inc files in the GC for something similar.