• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok, here's the final GUFSM, (I hope)...
You can download it from my sig, I've divided it into shields and flags.

There's about 30 new shields and 24 new flags, remakes and corrections from the 1.07 beta.
Enjoy! :cool:

gufsm_1.2.gif

1. Albania
2. Ak Koyunlu
3. Neumark (Kustrin)
4. Podlasia
5. Skåne
6. Stettin
7. Chernigov
8. Peru
9. Gotland
10. Aleppo
11. Tangiers
12. Bukhara
13. Qara Koyunlu
14. Candar (EDIT: Wrong country... :eek:o )
15. Hannover
16. Armenia Minor
17. Castile Leon
18. Palatinate
19. Kingdom of Jerusalem
20. Brandenburg
21. Bulgaria
22. Lithuania
23. Pommern
24. Silesia
25. Courland
26. Schleswig-Holstein
27. Ottoman Empire
28. Volhynia

Last edited:
Dl

Birger Jarl said:
Ok, here's the final GUFSM, (I hope)...
You can download it from my sig, I've divided it into shields and flags.

There's about 30 new shields and 24 new flags, remakes and corrections from the 1.07 beta.
Enjoy! :cool:

gufsm_1.2.gif

1. Albania
2. Ak Koyunlu
3. Neumark (Kustrin)
4. Podlasia
5. Skåne
6. Stettin
7. Chernigov
8. Peru
9. Gotland
10. Aleppo
11. Tangiers
12. Bukhara
13. Qara Koyunlu
14. Caraman
15. Hannover
16. Armenia Minor
17. Castile Leon
18. Palatinate
19. Kingdom of Jerusalem
20. Brandenburg
21. Bulgaria
22. Lithuania
23. Pommern
24. Silesia
25. Courland
26. Schleswig-Holstein
27. Ottoman Empire
28. Volhynia

Cannot download the 1.02 flags and shields, any suggestions?

Toio said:
Cannot download the 1.02 flags and shields, any suggestions?

Don't right click and choose save as.
Just click on the download link in the prohosting window and select save...

ok

Birger Jarl said:
Don't right click and choose save as.
Just click on the download link in the prohosting window and select save...

Downloaded OK, problem was that Explorer and Mozilla would not work , I had to use Netscape for the download.

thanks

#14 is Candar, not Caraman

Phillip V said:
You should create a new thread for GUFSM 1.2. ;)

Since there are no silvershields, maybe he thinks this is just a beta version for 1.2 and a 'real' thread will be opened when it is 'completed'?

:p

I am not sure if this is the right place to add, but am I allowed to include GUFSM shields and flags in my Aberration mod? Thx for an answer.

AD

I noticed that your (good) mode uses the flag of Schwyz as the Helvetia shield and banner.
This is, without wanting to insult anyone, plain wrong. The flag of Schwyz may look similar, and the name of Switzerland indeed derives itself from Schwyz (I believe the legend is that some Habsburger called the Confederation a "Mass of unwashed Schwyzers", and that's where we have our name from...), but the flags are totally unrelated.
The original Schweizerkreuz look similar to the current flag, except that the cross extended to the edges. I think it was first flown by Bern in the 15th century. It wasn't really a "Coat of Arms" of Switzerland, BTW, but merely served as a battle standard. I've also seen it depicted as triangular, in this version, it looks almost like a triangular Danelag.
[Just to prove my point: Schwyz had a plain red flag until one century after the Schweizerkreuz cam into use. I think it derives itself from a banner granted by the Emperor for 'Reichsunmittelbarkeit'.]

Edit: Sources: http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/ch.html#tri (Yes, I know it's contradicted on that very same site on the Schwyz entry. However, I tend to trust the lengthy article more than the two-line note. Also, see the Zürich page for what the Schwenkel (probably) signifies), http://www.dhs.ch/externe/protect/textes/d/D10104.html (Unfortunately in German).
If course, there's nothing wrong with the Schwyz banner - it's just not historically correct ;)

Last edited:
Great stuff!

So the flag for Helvetica should look like this? :)

flag_HEL.gif

What about the shield then, my german isn't as good as it used to be... :eek:o

EDIT:
Perhaps a red plain shield? Schwyz previous coat of arms. :)

helvetica.gif

Last edited:
Mmmm... so we should also change our shield & flag in the Mongol Empire Scenario. As always, BJ, if you don't mind ;)

Well, the correct shield would look exactly like the Savoy shield, AFAIK; except the bars ab bit thicker. But their neighbors, so the Schwyz will have to do (though it's like using the Arms of, say, New York for the US ;)). It doesn't really look bad :). A 'correct' arms can't exist, anyway, as there simply was none. The cross only served to distinguish foe from friend. 'Helvetica' was about as much a unified nation in that time as the UN minus the Security Council...

Last edited:
Lord Asharak said:
Well, the correct shield would look exactly like the Savoy shield

Ouch, that's the coat of arms of the Knights of St John as well... :wacko:

Ok so the present arms of Schwyz will do, or the red one?

The present ones will do :rofl:. It was a popular motive, it seems :rolleyes:.

Lord Asharak said:
The present ones will do :rofl:. It was a popular motive, it seems :rolleyes:.

Great. :)

Yup that and St George slaying a dragon must've been most popular ones. :)