• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Trin Tragula said:
Hmm I've tried with a lot of other programs and for some reason none of them wants to open the .rar files that Johan posted the latest patch as. Why did he switch from zips to rars anyway?

Cos RAR compresses files to a smaller size than ZIP; so it saved him space especially since this is a huge update in two parts...

Hmm, it does seem there are no silver versions of the shields in the patch though. Which isn't that big a deal but makes the diplomatic map looks kinda strange compared to the normal map...

Here's a complete set of GUFSM, with some new shields and flags, divided into two .zip files:

Flags (24bit flags)

Shields (Golden & smallshield)

Last edited:
Any chance of getting the silver shields for those of us not using the patches?

Ie mostly mac users ;)

I'm getting invalid zipfile in the shields??

Khephren said:
I'm getting invalid zipfile in the shields??

Aaaaaaah, I HATE geocities...

It's the shield_WUR that doesn't work, hang on I'll see if I can fix it. :)

And if it's not too much work see if you can upload the silver shields as well :)

Pretty please :)

Citizen Psmith said:
Are those the 8-bit or 24-bit flags? (They mostly look pretty small in filesize for 24-bit, with a few exceptions.)

Oh my fault, seems that I added a few 24-bit flags in there, seems that the rest is 8-bit. :eek:o I'll fix this asap

Could you please (please, please) do the new GUFSM set in 24 bit, with the 24 bit palette file? I have a lot of 24 bit custom flags, and the look of some countries being affected by fow and some not is really yucky, and I really prefer the 24 bit look

BJ, any progress on the 24bit set for the latest beta?

I'm really not liking the patchwork look I've got going atm, and I'd really like to get all 24 bit flags asap

Thanks for your work

I cant access the downloads birger jarl....It says it cant find the page...

Maybe you should move to another hosting site like lycos?

Sorry for the delay folks, I've fixed all the 24 bit flags inlc the palette, retreat flag and the white flag.
Since Geocities sucks I haven't been able to upload the files, they're too big... I'll see what I can do later today. :)

Oh the links doesn't work because I've deleted the files...

Birger Jarl said:
Sorry for the delay folks, I've fixed all the 24 bit flags inlc the palette, retreat flag and the white flag.
Since Geocities sucks I haven't been able to upload the files, they're too big... I'll see what I can do later today. :)

Oh the links doesn't work because I've deleted the files...

With the installation of 1.08 and 1.26, the installs have resolved my problems with the Livonian order, Meiben and retreat flag.

The only problem i have is with the "full white " flag used for war's end. This flag still appears as a multi coloured speckled flag.

Just to let you know. Birger
thanks