• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Wow, just wow.. that's DAMN good :)

One thing I do have to ask, is the 4472 (opposed to the 4022 in the second "chapter") a typo and should be 4072, or is it, indeed, also about long, long lives?

I particularly like this gem:
there's nothing terrible enough that alliteration cannot make it worse.

redwolf said:
The author dropped me a PM to answer your question. Below is his answer.
I thank the anonymous author for his clarification :) (was what I expected, but better to be sure :) )

I'm terribly sorry for the second author though - it's quite well written, but at least in my view, it's rather "bland", more scripted than entry #1. It doesn't surprise much, and when placed right after #1, that makes it seem almost dull.

#3: Hmm... Someone appears to be a Star Wars fan.. Can't say I am. The story doesn't compell enough to balance the "poor" setting (for me, that is).
As well, the story doesn't hint at "more story" besides the SW universe (to me, but I MAY of course be missing hints that it's not the regular SW universe)

#4: On the other hand, this one does "promise" a complete and "totally different" (yet believable, at the very least when reading) background. They aren't strictly necessary to the 'duel', though they certainly add to plausibility.. I *really* want to know how the duel ends, and how Joe/Joseph (of course he wins ;) ) is going to continue his life, what with WW2 looming for a fascist USA ;)

I have some "suspects" in mind for the writers, but I'll wait a bit and see what others pick up from the stories :)

Thanks to Amric and redwolf for organising this round, and to the authors for participating :)

Peter Ebbesen said:
#1. Ok, I admit it - this one is right up my lane. Wacky, well-written, and with a couple of unexpected twists.
Foiled again! :(
The one story I thought I had a shot at making a decent guess (obviously, not entirely without reason, too :) ) ...

redwolf said:
Alright, it's time to announce the identities of the 4 writers.

Author #1: Peter Ebessen

A couple of Peter Ebessen's OscAAR award winning AARs:
The Timurid Scientists AAR
World Conquest for Dummies: An Introduction

If he wasn't such a good writer (when/if he finds the time to) , he'd be on my ignore list for being such a tricky little b**d :mad: :D

Author #2: Redwolf

Redwolf's work: Journey to the Far East - A Free Company Spin Off (2008) co-authored with Amric
With the benefit of hindsight, the various names did sound a little too familiar.. :)
I think your writing works better in the FC than as a one-off, though ( the single piece lacks the space to "drop" background as in FC, or to "get up to speed")

Author #3: English Patriot

English Patriot's works: Ink Well link

Author #4: Estonianzulu

Estonianzulu's works: Ink Well link
Not very familiar with either (aside from some guest author posts from EP) ..If only I had some time :(

A big thanks to everyone who have participated in this edition of Guess the Author. With that, I will pass the floor back to Amric for the next edition.
seconded and \o/