• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Armed Avacado

Second Lieutenant
48 Badges
Mar 23, 2018
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
By clicking on a door and looking through the drop down menu, a player can manually set a door to always be closed (lock shut) or always open (lock open).

When a prisoner (or non-guard staff) paths through a locked shut door, they request a guard to come and unlock it for them. They soon realize the door is permanently locked, and re-path around it, but the "Open locked door" job does not get automatically deleted. (Hovering over the door displays "Todo: Open Locked Door" and an entry remains the "Jobs" tab of the Reports clipboard.) A guard will come over, try to open the door, cannot because it's locked, and continue standing there, doing nothing, until the player manually lets them open it.

This feels like buggy, unintended behavior.

Upvote 0
Any mods in use here?

Can you please attach here an affected save game, so the devs can look into it? thanks.

You'll need to zip it to attach here.

I faced the same problem and a similar one. My guards constantly trying to open a remote door which is unopenable by definition! And after about 5 ingame hours i am getting a huge jam around closed remote door. But what if i really don't want this door to be open? I see that there is different path, but no - they want to stay in front of this door till death by starvation)
And sometimes prisoners understand that this is closed door, but stuff guys are go stupid. What can i do to fix this?
1677690707013.png