• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Winner

General
31 Badges
Nov 10, 2007
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
9jgf8np49xtx4kzd7io.png

„Jetzt bin ich der Tod geworden, Zerstörer der Welten.“
------------------------------ Werner Heisenberg, 1945​

Welcome! This is going to be a rather short AAR featuring a German invasion of North America, mostly composed of pictures and short descriptions. After some mandatory introduction and explanation of what has happened before I'll jump right to the year 1948 in which Germany finally launches its blitz against the USA - the only allied power still standing.

First some basic info:

Game version: Hoi2 Armageddon v1.2
Mod: Compendium Mod by Luxor (an excellent mod, I wonder why aren't there any AARs using it)
Nation: Großdeutsches Reich
Difficulty/AI aggressiveness: Normal/Normal until 1948, then Very Hard/Aggressive
Style: Alternate history textbook
Language: Czenglish (sorry ;) )

Table of contents:

1 - Introduction, part 1: How the West was won
2 - Introduction, part 2: How the East was won (1)
3 - Introduction, part 3: How the East was won (2)
4 - Introduction, part 4: How the East was won (3)
5 - Introduction, part 5: How the East was won (4)
6 - Introduction, part 6: How the East was won (5)
7 - Introduction, part 6: How the East was won (final)
8 - Introduction, part 7: How the Peace was won
---------------------------------------------
9 - Overview of the 2nd US-Japanese war (1)
10 - Overview of the 2nd US-Japanese war (2)
11 - Overview of the 2nd US-Japanese war (3)
12 - Operation Bifröst - planning
13 - Operation Bifröst - the opposing forces: sea
14 - Operation Bifröst - the opposing forces: land&air
15 - Sunrise
16 - Beachhead
17 - Pendulum of War
18 - The other fronts
19 - Breakout

Last edited:
cool, nice title :D

Edit: yay, first reply :cool:

First update is in the making, expect it in the next few hours ;)

Have never tried this Compendium; from the users' comments, makes me want to try this mod of a countryman of mine.

Good luck on subjugating the US to the Axis yoke, though, seeing as you have the whole world, you won't need it most probably.

Cool looks good.

Interesting... let's see. Red (over grey) dawn over Washington, perhaps? :D

DvD-IT said:
Have never tried this Compendium; from the users' comments, makes me want to try this mod of a countryman of mine.

Good luck on subjugating the US to the Axis yoke, though, seeing as you have the whole world, you won't need it most probably.

Actually, I am really afraid it will be too easy. Well, I guess I can't do anything about it, the US had 5 years to prepare itself for the inevitable armageddon.

DvD-IT said:
You could force yourself to use only a determinate quantity of divisions, perhaps.

Is Compendium compatible with 1.2?

Yes. I hope :D It didn't crash and it seems to be working fine.

----------​

OK, let's get to the boring stuff, the necessary evil of introduction:

ed2k6qdeu2cmha2pkdyr.jpg

Introduction, part 1: how the West was won

WW2 started in 1939 and it was during this year when the war was practically won. After just 14 days long blitzkrieg, Poland surrendered. Such a crushing and quick victory was entirely unexpected. Hitler, against the judgment of the humiliated OKH commanders, decided to quickly redeploy the German armies to the West and strike the Allies before they would prepare themselves. The offensive codenamed "Fall Gelb" started on October 14, 1939. The Allies were caught entirely unprepared. Although they managed to foil the German plan, which counted with advance along the Channel coast, general Guderian who was in command of the "Panzergruppe 'Guderian'" managed to find a gap in the French-Belgian lines to the west of Brussels and quickly exploited it. This sudden blow led to the encirclement of 12 French divisions in Dunkerque. Despite the valiant effort by the Royal Navy to evacuate their French allies, they surrendered to the Germans on October 22. The Germans seized the opportunity and on October 25 the first tanks of Rommel’s panzer division entered Paris. After some hesitation during which the Germans cut off most of the French army in Alsace-Lorraine the French government finally surrendered on November 12. In just a month Germans achieved more than they had in the last Great war.

bnls54aan9swn4d6nouh.jpg

After this stunning victory, everybody expected an invasion of Britain. What followed however was a period of so-called “Phony War”. Germans did not even attempt to attack the British by air, despite Göerings pompous promises to bomb Britain into submission. Hitler had other plans and in any case, he simply didn’t have any suitable landing crafts to transport his armies across the Channel, much less to ensure he could keep them supplied and reinforced. Any attempt to land troops in Britain would most probably end with them being landed at the bottom of the sea.

During 1940, Germany continued in expansion of her armed forces. New armored divisions were formed and the old ones were reinforced with new panzer models, much to the satisfaction of preachers of the armored warfare, the followers of Heinz Guderian. Guderian himself spend most of the year preparing a plan for the invasion of the Soviet Union. Hitler initially planned to invade the Stalin’s empire in 1940, but he was eventually persuaded to postpone the invasion until Wehrmacht motorizes at least a part of its many slow infantry divisions. Guderian argued that the only way how to defeat the Soviets is to outmaneuver the masses of their infantry, and that would be possibly only if the German infantry was fast enough to protect the flanks of the rapidly advancing panzer spearheads. Hitler reluctantly agreed with his conclusions and instead of attacking the Soviets he decided to secure the southern flank of the invasion. The invasion of Yugoslavia was slowed only by the rugged terrain and lack of proper roads. Yugoslavian military melted away in front of the advancing German armies and any resistance was crushed by Luftwaffe long before the Germans had to bring reinforcements. Yugoslavia surrendered on June 29, 1940. It’s ironic that the hardest fighting in this unfortunate country was about to take place after that date.

i6709fvko3c0sdwu6mn.jpg

Much to the surprise of everyone in Germany, the British decided to strike in what Churchill called “the soft underbelly” of the German Reich. 36 British, Australian, Canadian and South African divisions were landed in Dubrovnik before the Germans could secure the coastline. This was only allowed by the fact that Italy refused to join the Germans and pretended to be “neutral” in this new war. As a result, the Italian navy didn’t stop the British convoys in the Mediterranean Sea and the Italian government didn’t bother to inform the Germans that the British were amassing troops in Malta. Hitler was furious. He ordered a quick counterattack led by the rising star of Wehrmacht, general Erich von Manstein. Manstein first prevented the British from breaking out of their perimeter and then brought in Dietl’s mountaineers to drive the British to the sea. Out of 36 divisions which were sent to Europe, only few would be evacuated in time. The rest was forced to surrender on October 16. The core of the British army was destroyed and the British reputation was seriously damaged. With Britain being essentially disarmed, there was nothing standing between Hitler and the operation Barbarossa.

France falls quickly, what a surprise

nice wokring on these pics!

I am really sorry I don't have more, I didn't plan to make this AAR at that time. Important parts of the story are missing, but as I said, the real AAR starts in 1948.

It's been good so far, interesting to learn how will the Germans arrive to the 1948 situation

Erf did you abandon your Czechoslovakian AAR Winner? It was my favourite one. :( But if this one will be of the same quality as the previous it could be a consolation lol :)

Amallric said:
Erf did you abandon your Czechoslovakian AAR Winner? It was my favourite one. :( But if this one will be of the same quality as the previous it could be a consolation lol :)

It's on hold due to problems with the AI. The game isn't really designed to cope with Czechoslovakia being alive after 1939. Once I find out how to overcome these problems, I hope I'll be able to continue.

BTW, this is why I started playing Compendium as Germany, to get familiar with the event structure etc. The game has been so interesting so far that I decided to share my experience ;)

Good start. Let the steamrolling commence/continue! :D

We'll see :p