• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

herrickrcw2

Second Lieutenant
4 Badges
May 11, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
I never like the calendar based on the foundation of Rome, I can't know if I'm advancing like in our real timeline and I can't compare. Not knowing the exact date frustrates me sometimes and this made me to never look at the date because I simply don't understand nor relate with it.

Besides I don't play as Rome in every playthrough and looking at that date is off-putting.

So I petition to change it for our normal Gregorian calendar that everyone understands it or at least give us an option on the options menu to change it.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I think that part of the issue is getting the dates to count down in general in PDX games and that they have difficult doing BCE.

Personally I prefer not using the Gregorian Calendar. I rather like it. but tis just my opinion.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I think that part of the issue is getting the dates to count down in general in PDX games and that they have difficult doing BCE.
Changin the actual code to a BCE countdown would indeed be a bad idea (great amount of work, risk of bugs for a flvour gain). We agree with you and strongly oppose doing that.
But @herrickrcw2 provided an easier solution as well:
at least give us an option on the options menu to change it.
The game already has a converter (mouseover tooltip), adding an option to display the converted date should be very easy.

• 4Like
Reactions: