• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No lie, I thought someone was multi-posting at first.

I'm not used to this "many people with the same user icon" thing yet.
It's like the early HBS Forums when everyone had that default Atlas head.

Wait, now I'm doubting myself.
What if me and @TripleStrengthMisnomer are the same person. I've never seen us in the same room together?!? :confused:

It's like the early HBS Forums when everyone had that default Atlas head.
It's different for me. Everyone having one icon is like no one having an icon, so I pay more attention to the names. Having different icons, but the same ones repeated, is what throws me off because I've gotten so used to identifying people out of the corner of my eye based on those little pictures.

Just remember that this is a much, much bigger forum than the one we just left. It has (checking front page) 739 516 users, and has been online since 2001 (that's seventeen years people; I wouldn't be surprised if there's people on here that's younger than the forums...)

Their concurrent user record is probably roughly how many we had in total, 18 671 users online at the same time on Jun 22, 2017.

With that amount of members, it would be impossible to make sure nobody switched their avatar to something offensive/illegal.

So while I miss my old avatar just as you do yours, I do understand why they have the rule.

And! We should be getting some BattleTech avatars today if everything works as intended *fingers crossed*

Greetings Commander and Warriors. Oh, and glory to House Steiner!

4a7jGCw.jpg

o7

It would be nice for Mods to get custom or different avatars, so I don't have to check which Atlas head is actually important to note :D

Or no Atlas heads! :)...Maybe I should use an Atlas head lol.

With that amount of members, it would be impossible to make sure nobody switched their avatar to something offensive/illegal.

No, it wouldn't. There are older and more prosperous forums that allow custom avatars, and there's a simple solution to people who put up an offensive/illegal avatar: banning.

Perhaps, in the distant future, they might offer custom avatars as a $5 dlc ;)

God no, I had enough of that shit at the something awful forums. Pissed about $200 down the rabbit hole trying to fight off the trolls spending money to change my avatar to something mocking before I just gave the fuck up and left.

. . . is that an anthropomorphic fennec in a spacesuit? Sorry for the off-topic but . . . what?

Stellaris.

Maybe a little reminder for all the new people here. The Moderators do their best to keep this family-friendly. So please no swearing in general or the F-word in particular. :)

Last edited: