Green Planet is Available Now! Patch Notes and FAQ

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Azurespecter

Influencer Manager
Paradox Staff
41 Badges
Aug 14, 2013
twitter.com
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
Green Planet is Available Now
on PC, Xbox One, and PS4!​

Green Planet is available now worldwide! Take on the greatest challenge of Mars with global terraforming by implementing new technology, buildings, and resources. Mars will soon be a second home for humankind

You've made it to Mars, you've landed your colonists and began a new home, but now it's time to take up the greatest challenge yet: making Mars feel like home. In Green Planet you will take on terraforming at a planetary scale with all new buildings, resources, technology, and special projects!

How can I get Green Planet?
What is this Project Laika?
Project Laika is an animal pack that the community named for us, and it's releasing alongside Green Planet

Laika_Anim.gif

Cost: $5.99 / €5.99
Is this included in the Season Pass?
YES!

SeasonPass_CompletePackage_Steam616.png

Patch Notes
Changelog for the Armstrong Update of Surviving Mars

Thank you to all of our beta testers, you have been amazing.

FREE Update Section
New Features:

• 5 Landscaping tools/buildings - Flatten terrain, create Ramp, Change Surface texture and construct Small Rock Formation or medium Rock Formation. They're available since start and do not require research. The Flatten and Ramp tools consume a lot of drone time and require or produce excess of Waste Rock. The Rock Formations are constructed with Waste Rock. The Change Surface tool consumes drone time and damages the local soil quality.
  • 3 Special Projects - Capture Meteors, launch High-Speed Comm Satellite and Launch SETI Satellite. They become available when the first batch of Planetary Anomalies gets discovered (Sol 10-15) and do not require previous research. These three act as alternative sources of raw materials (Capture Meteors), sponsor research (HGS Satellite) and funding (SETI Satellite).
  • 2 new buildings - Large Dumping Site and Rocket construction site. The significantly larger dumping site is because we're now producing and consuming far more Waste Rock. The construction of Rockets was added as an alternative to the buying of Rockets, which is not possible when you lack Funding. The Large Dumping Site is not locked via research, the Rocket requires Advanced Rocketry to be researched. (Advanced Rocketry is a vanilla tech that now enables the construction of Rockets, as well.)
  • Self-sufficient dome - you can now place a Basic Dome with minimal life-support buildings. You only need to connect it to a power source. Once constructed, the structures will act as independent buildings. International Mars Mission has a free prefab of the self-sufficient dome.
  • New event chains - 19 for the base game, 1 for modding purposes, 9 for Space Race DLC
  • New research UI with vertical flow replaced the old research UI

Other Fixes and Improvements:
  • Added order-queuing for Rovers
  • Added multi-selection of units for mouse and keyboard and hybrid control schemes. You can use lasso or double-click over a unit type to mass-select nearby units of the same type
  • More informative reasons for unavailable diplomacy options
  • Fix for proper show/hide behaviour of hex ranges of domes for outside workplaces
  • Build Menu: Rovers are moved to separate sub-categories
  • Added conditions where colonists can change dome regardless of home availability in other domes
  • Double click or Controller Button (X) on items in the build menu, which require known but non-researched techs now open the Research UI
  • Trade rockets to rivals are not automated by default
  • New Photo Mode effect added - Motion Blur
- [STEAM VERSION ONLY]: Added "-nomods" launch option, allowing to start the game without mods. To set this option, you need to open the game PROPERTIES from the menu in Steam (left-click on the game in Steam Library). In the first tab GENERAL open SET LAUNCH OPTIONS. A small popup window will open where you can enter text. You need to enter: -nomods

Special thanks to our closed-beta testers who helped us with this change! And also with the Modding-related fixes below

[PC VERSIONS ONLY] Modding-related fixes and improvements:
  • Documented the Lua loading procedure, mod versions and dependencies, creating mods for DLCs and other minor documentation updates
  • Added a filter for mods compatible with the game version
  • Build menu subcategories are now presets, which can be easily added with mods
  • Added a set of mod items that add easily modifiable options to your mods
  • Fixed 'copy from' field in building template mod items and mission logo mod items
  • Unused tech field icon property removed
  • Mod dependencies show if the mod they depend on is missing or incompatible (outdated)
  • Added a sample story chain
  • Improved mod upload - it provides status update, better UI flow, feedback about report upload problems
  • [PDX modding] Fix to enable auto-update of mods from PDX modding backend
  • [PDX modding] Fix for re-uploading mods to PDX modding backend to keep their dependencies entered in the web interface

Green Planet DLC
  • New resource and global parameters which track terraforming progress
  • New terraforming buildings in a separate build menu section
  • New special projects with global effects
  • New tech field – Terraforming – which unlocks buildings, resources, special projects
  • New breakthrough techs focused on terraforming
  • New disasters – Toxic rain and Marsquake
  • Vegetation on Mars – plant it, watch it thrive or wither and die
  • New main menu background video and updated Surviving Mars logo
  • New Green Planet wallpapers
  • New terraforming milestones
  • 10 new achievements / trophies

Project Laika DLC
  • Pets are coming to Mars: 25 different pets of 10 animal types will start living alongside colonists after Founders stage is over, there are enough colonists and comfort is high enough. Pets include cats, dogs, penguins, platypuses and more.
  • 2 New buildings for in-dome and outside-of dome animal husbandry produce Food for the colonists
  • Domesticated animals are coming to Mars too: 4 types of animals for each of the new buildings will provide different options

Want to learn more about the game?

Are there any Discounts?
If you purchase one of our bundles or Season Pass, you get a discount on the price!
COMPARISON-BANNER---newLogo.png

Last edited:
Glorious. Congrats on the release!

Age-old question, but worth asking: will this be compatible with existant saves? (I have only dipped my toe into the game thus far, and only got about half-way through one colony!)

Some games you can get lucky (my first CK2 game has been viable from before Reaper's due all the way to at LEAST Holy Fury and possibly beyond!) and sometimes you don't, but it's worth an ask innit?

I suppose it isn't high priority, but for people who were in the beta, it would be nice to know what was added/changed between the update freeze. Steam claimed it was a 0kb patch, but I know there's no way the release build is the same as the last beta build.

Are there any Discounts?
If you purchase one of our bundles or Season Pass, you get a discount on the price!
View attachment 480863

Have you realized that on Steam the "First Colony Edition" (Base game + Deluxe Upgrade + Season Pass including "Green Planet DLC") is cheaper than the Season Pass alone right now?

22,09€ for the complete package of Surviving Mars

against

23,44€ for just the Season Pass including "Green Planet DLC"

against

19,99€ for "Green Planet DLC" alone.

I'm afraid there has been a technical problem on the XBox store that's causing this for Green Planet customers.

Microsoft are working on it but they have not given us an ETA on the fix, I am sorry!

All I can suggest is to try again every now and then.

Our apologies for the problem!

I'm afraid there has been a technical problem on the XBox store that's causing this for Green Planet customers.

Microsoft are working on it but they have not given us an ETA on the fix, I am sorry!

All I can suggest is to try again every now and then.

Our apologies for the problem!
I’ve been trying all day and still haven’t gotten it

Just the one:
Terraforming Initiative
Research per sol 100
rare metals price 24
all terraforming techs are 50% cheaper for research
forest plants don't need power
can import rc dozers from start
bonus techs: martian vegetation, interplanetary projects

Age-old question, but worth asking: will this be compatible with existant saves? (I have only dipped my toe into the game thus far, and only got about half-way through one colony!)

Some games you can get lucky (my first CK2 game has been viable from before Reaper's due all the way to at LEAST Holy Fury and possibly beyond!) and sometimes you don't, but it's worth an ask innit?
I loaded up one of my save games and it loaded up ok. Probably won't be too much - if any terraforming happening, but the game can be continued at least.

I managed to get on the "terraforming phase" and so far I must say it is very good and enjoyable. To see the red world become green is exhilarating ! :cool:

Thank you devs !