great war redux mod not working

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tonce

Recruit
3 Badges
Feb 11, 2021
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
my great war redux mod is not working I followed all the steps I've cleard cache uninstalled and reinstalled and verified my files pls help and I know it can work bc it was working fine then I unsubscribed and resubscribed the it stopped

Normally you should go to the mod's workshop page, their reddit, or discord for help, but this sounds like the classical case of the launcher being trash

• 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
Normally you should go to the mod's workshop page, their reddit, or discord for help, but this sounds like the classical case of the launcher being trash
If it still doesn't work, reverse any changes you did to game files, clear cache, uninstall and reinstall, verify integrity of your files, if it still doesn't work, bring it to paradox forum (from their discord)

Upvote 0
what do you mean by launcher being trash?
It's poorly written and frequently takes forever to load and sometimes just fails to load mods at all.

Here's something you can try. It's what Paradox staffs will tell you to do.

- exit the Steam app entirely
- uninstall Paradox Launcher v2 from the Windows "Apps and features" utility, if still present.

Delete the following folders if still present:

- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Roaming/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

- run steam.exe as the Windows Admin user

- run the game from the PLAY button in Steam

Upvote 0