• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
armies get ”disaster” event too often (rather than also being able to retreat after defeat) due to your manpower reduction i guess.
also the ”german mercenaries desert” event should have it's effects reduced.
how does ”religion tolerance” work now?

armies get ”disaster” event too often (rather than also being able to retreat after defeat) due to your manpower reduction i guess.
also the ”german mercenaries desert” event should have it's effects reduced.
how does ”religion tolerance” work now?

In folder DB/map/geography just change combat_overrun = yes to combat_overrun = no .............. and it will stop the "disaster"
this is what europe has as a default

continent = {
id = 4
tag = "Europe"
name = "CON_Europe"
culture_change = no
whiteman_penalty = no
popgrowth_island_colony = 0.00
popgrowth_continent_colony = 0.00
popgrowth_penalty = yes
cot_assign_penalty = yes
combat_overrun = yes
badboy_penalty = no
hre_election = yes
available_mercenaries = yes
can_convert_culture = no
}

This sounds like an awesome mod. Is this still being worked on and is it quite complete/playable in it's current stage (even if its rough)? Thanks

It's not complete but it's playable. I myself am having fun playing Wales right now and I had no crashes or problems so far besides some minor issues like some gfx look out of place (when fighting) or in some cases hard to select and that some minors lack flags. Give it a try. :)

Last edited:
@Blaster: Some minors lack flags? The Goths are no minors, and the Vandals neither.

This scn would be much better with the missing flags and shields included imo :excl:

Dunno, but recently lots of people have problems with Gamefront. Kinda strange. I cannot download stuff from there as well - a strange error pops up when download should start.

If there's any chance reupload it somewhere - or maybe upload here as attachment, if it's not too big (7-zip can do wonders with that). I can stash it in my Dropbox account then, given a chance to download it. It shouldn't ever disappear then.

I'll give a try but there is a lot of errors when the game is loading. These errors seem to deal with graphical files. When the game is loaded, there is no shield in the game...

Any advices ?

Are there any particular error messages that pop up when you are loading?

As far as shields, there are, especially in the released versions, a lot of nations that don't have shields/flags. That should be a little bit better when I get 0.6 out as I've come around to give a lot of these nations just color field sets.

I think something went wrong when you unzipped the file (or possibly in the download). Just re-installed the version from gamefront that I posted in the alternate and it ran fine.

One thing you can do is go to the DB folder in the mod and open up countries.txt. Check to see if you have ISA in there. That's the only country tag that I think is new and in trigger for byzantine_empire.txt.

Though like I said to start sounds like you might want to delete out the mod, re-download and then place back again in the mod folder.

I do a fresh reinstall, but it doesn't work ...

Same error in the byzantine event file, line 247 :

event = {
id = 34012
trigger = {
someof = {
number = 4

someof ?

someof is a trigger that has been added in 1.2 if I remember correctly, it should not cause any problem unless a) you have not updated your game to 1.2, b) Garbon has made a scripting error when using it.

Yeah the event in question looks to be formatted properly. Hasimir, are you running with 1.2?

Oh and someof command works by looking at that "number=4" line and then the condition bracketed in the someof trigger. Basically for that event to fire, Byzantine Empire needs to meet any 4 of the listed conditions which in this case is owning 4 of the listed provinces.