• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Myth said:
questions/comments/death threats/hero-worshipping? ;)

Just that a, Imageshack is a lot more reliable than photobucket in my experience.

and b, fine, fine work

Too bad yer gonna just be more of the same damn Imperialist Japanese everyone dislikes these days, aside of course from Ichizawa Limbaugh, the ultranationalist radio talk-show host.

I think many of us would prefer a triumphant Vichy led to victory over Europe. Of course, not sure that's possible, since they're already at war with Britain & Co. :D
j.

*Said in the Emperor's voice* I am the Carb:p
Congrats once again Myth, for an interesting read and mentioning me in the aftermath

hito1 sighs. He looks at the map (computer screen) and wonder when the next chapter will arrive. :D

Congratulations on your first part, very impressive story. And I must say I liked the first years of war more. There was more storytelling those days, and you were fighting against such difficult odds that the gameplay part was always incredible and fantastic.

Best moment: the suspense after japanese dow and the sheer terror after their invasion of south china.

Congratulations once again. :)

hey myth, you exceeded your bandwith limit on photobucket! :eek:

I go on vacation....and it ends. But, I can see why it did. It is kind of funny actually, that after I read your last 5 posts, that my sympathy with your cause was starting to shift. You were no longer the underdog. I agree with your assessment of the interesting and intriguing parts of the campaign. The war with the Nationalists/Japan was by far the most riveting. There was always the chance of reverses. I thought that you bit off more than you could chew with the Soviets, and that made the story compelling. When you finally went to war simultainiously with Germany, I actually thought the end could be near again and that kept me reading. You came up with a fitting end for Li Lishen, and my references to the Mongol hordes and the collapse of their empire became a self fullfilling prophecy. My hat is off to you Myth. You did an excellant job in writing this story, even if gameplay did drive the story in the end, it did not in the beginning. And, like a aging athlete, you stepped away from it at exactly the right time. I look foward to your next work.
Congratulations on your first part, very impressive story. And I must say I liked the first years of war more. There was more storytelling those days, and you were fighting against such difficult odds that the gameplay part was always incredible and fantastic.

Best moment: the suspense after japanese dow and the sheer terror after their invasion of south china.
all true
nods.gif

don't worry, I'm going to try to recapture that feeling of being the (supposedly) near helpless underdog. its the situation I like best anyway :D

one of the most addictive AARs ever read. I delight myself to read another one from you, Myth
thank you, and I hope I won't keep you waiting too long!

Just that a, Imageshack is a lot more reliable than photobucket in my experience.
ehh, I like it. its good enough for my purposes :p

and b, fine, fine work
thanks! :D

Too bad yer gonna just be more of the same damn Imperialist Japanese everyone dislikes these days, aside of course from Ichizawa Limbaugh, the ultranationalist radio talk-show host.

I think many of us would prefer a triumphant Vichy led to victory over Europe. Of course, not sure that's possible, since they're already at war with Britain & Co
imperialist japanese, imperialist japanese...;)

*Said in the Emperor's voice* I am the Carb
Congrats once again Myth, for an interesting read and mentioning me in the aftermath
thanks! and, as I said, you were one of those who showed a lot of interest and support, how could I fail to mention you?

Congratulations once again
thanks! :D

hey myth, you exceeded your bandwith limit on photobucket!
I know, I mentioned it earlier ;)
I'm just not sure how it happened, though :p

Myth said:
I know, I mentioned it earlier ;)
I'm just not sure how it happened, though :p
maybe because so many peopel were viewing this aar, and looking at the pictures? :confused: I have no idea.

Gaarq said:
one of the most addictive AARs ever read. I delight myself to read another one from you, Myth :cool:
But he *HAS* another one! With me as guest star! :D

Discomb said:
But he *HAS* another one! With me as guest star! :D
but its on temperary extended leave...

rcduggan said:
but its on temperary extended leave...
We've already resumed writing updates and will post a lot when I return from a quick vacation in Switzerland on the 18th. :)

Discomb said:
We've already resumed writing updates and will post a lot when I return from a quick vacation in Switzerland on the 18th. :)
woohoo! thats good news.

yup, it should be returning late this month (again, after the 24th when my bandwidth is reset :p). I suppose we'll try to update it three times a week at first, and if comfortable with that we could try for more.

Myth said:
yup, it should be returning late this month (again, after the 24th when my bandwidth is reset :p). I suppose we'll try to update it three times a week at first, and if comfortable with that we could try for more.

So that means "Bayonets made of milk" is on the comeback trail. Wahoo!!! Pictures of Mussolini aircraft carriers, airplanes, and best of all...Bikinis!!!
Woot!!! :D

I'm very excited myself. Just played the next month and am writing my first update since August. It's been quite an eventful and exciting one, with quite an amusing resolution. Can't wait to post it. :)

But...
what-happened-to-vichy?
Aha, the next chapter is about Vichy :p