• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(113565)

Sergeant
2 Badges
Sep 5, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sengoku
A Little graphics mod which comprises just a few tiny fixes / improvements to menus etc.

This is for version 1.3 of sengoku

1. ashigaru spec map - added circles on jingasa and chest armour.
2. samurai model - gave him a face mask.
3. new character pictures for sons and daughters as the old Rome ones looked western to me and after 5 years or so are just outdated.
4. character picture frames altered to realign them so no more white lines around character pictures (gaps in alphas etc are gone I think..)
5. swapped ashigaru and samurai avatars (samurai is now your standing army (retainers) ashigaru is your levy of local peasants that you raise and disband. Ashigaru (with muskets) will still represent your standing army if you recruit arqubusiers.
6. a couple of items nudged by a pixel here and there in menus to align them correctly.

Please back up gfx and interface folders of your sengoku game before installing so you replace the original files if you dont like it...

Also note for online play: This mod may change your checksum - not sure.

Attachments

• Sengoku.zip
    641,2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Very interesting. Could you perhaps provide some screenshots?

I was irritated from the start that your levy armies had a samurai and retinue was an ashigaru. Should also be fixed in the patch I think.

For now I would only like to have the following:

1. ashigaru spec map - added circles on jingasa and chest armour.
2. samurai model - gave him a face mask.
5. swapped ashigaru and samurai avatars (samurai is now your standing army (retainers) ashigaru is your levy of local peasants that you raise and disband. Ashigaru (with muskets) will still represent your standing army if you recruit arqubusiers.
What files do I need to copy over?

From memory, 3 files, the gfx/anim folder contains the spec map and the samurai diffuse.dds files Then the avatars.gfx in the interface folder is the model swap. I'm not at pc at moment so I cant check the exact directories... but it is these 3 files.