• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Spoony

Captain
19 Badges
Apr 11, 2006
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • East India Company
Are there any mods you are aware of that improve/enhance the graphics? Or if you know, can you manually tweak the game (e.g. .ini settings), to improve the graphics and if so, what do you recommend? I recently got a new gaming rig and want to view Sots in all it's possible beauty :)

I do not think they ever gave us a set of mod tools. Which is exactly what this game needs until it recieves some offical support. Some fixes and tweaks as well as all the bright in your face colors need to be toned down substantually in my opinion. Some times I feel like I have having a sezuire just playing.

Yes, there are. There is a sweetfx setup for it, an smaa injector thingy, a mod that changes how you color apply color and/or shine to ships (which is awesome), a few campaign mods at least one of which does mess with visuals. For me, its mostly about running the 32 million color mod V2, and turning bloom OFF in the launcher options. That takes care of most of the blur. Turn off FXAA in the launcher and run sweetfx and you can make it look great. Just takes some messing about. Nothing drastic.

edit: iirc my most recent sweetfx just substitutes SMAA for the games FXAA (which you should turn off) and uses some lumasharpen. If you zoom up under a tarka ship, and play around with lumasharpen, you can really see the gamut of detail levels that this game will display. It's been awhile, but I believe it was lumasharpen anyway. Play around with sweetfx, it's pretty powerful. The 1.5.1 vers is the latest.

Last edited: