• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Forging the dynasty - part four

With the defeat of the Yuan army at Beijing, I am now able to go rampant into their territories - one of my armies remains at Beijing, besieging it, another one takes Chifeng and the last one is sent to deal with the lonely Yuan regiment in the north. Thanks to money gained by sacking the taken provinces, I decide to raise another five infantry regiments to cement my military supremacy.

The one thousand Yuan soldiers flee to the wastelands but I am ruthless. They are chased down and forced to surrender.

February brings something really unexpected. The Koreans are simply stubborn. I do not really care, though.

The following months flow peacefully (except for the brutally murdered citizens of conquered cities, that is) and finally in October, the Northern Capital itself fails to the Jurchen hordes. Truly a grim day for the Mongol dynasty.

As a result, Tibet accepts a small tribute in exchange for peace. I paid them because their armies were dangerously nearing my borders. Yuan is on its own now.

On the other hand, it is not all bright. The revolts against the Mongol overlords are getting more and more perilous and the risk of their provinces actually seceding to the local lords is becoming an actual threat. And the strengthening of the Chinese is the last thing I can allow now. So in the end, I actually help the Yuan by crushing the local revolts.

This notion is celebrated throughout the realm.

Four years into the war, in June 1375, I finally know what I want to do. That the thing I have long considered impossible - the conquest of Beijing itself - is closer than I have thought.

With the infamy price of the taken provinces as small as it is, I will be able to take all provinces surrounding Beijing. And five years later, I could contest the Imperial Capital itself. Yes, I will have to take a lot more land to make Yuan even consider such a daring demand (five provinces in total) but I think it is worth the try.

Not everyone thinks it is such a good idea. Oh man, I so hate revolts. Anyway, I send a task force to deal with all of them.

The following years are boring so shortly - in January, 1376, Dai Viet accepts white peace, in July peasants ask for redress (I use it to move towards the free subjects) and Baoding falls, followed by Sayin Noyan in December. Then Shunde, in June 1377 Ulaanchab, in September Ordos...and then, in the January of 1378, Yanzhou joins the fray. And that is probably enough for the poor Yuan.

As you can see, the war has not done a lot of damage to either my manpower, stability, treasury or diplomatic standing. In fact, it has improved them instead. A great victory for the Jurchen tribes.

Yeah, and this. Someone in Korea should get an A+ for timing.

To be continued! Yeah, really!

You should really update this more often. One of my favorite AARs!

You should really update this more often. One of my favorite AARs!

Yes, MOAR

Wow, thanks for the enthusiasm. Interestingly, this AAR seems to have much more public success than the one I consider my 'flagship'...:huh:

Btw, do not forget to vote for your favourite AARs in the ACAs - http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?700060-AARland-Choice-AwAARds-2013-Q1-2

Because four times in the year, your heroes need you!

obama-i-want-you-1024.png

Forging the dynasty - part five​

Just in the middle of a brutal war against Yuan, Korea deviously attacks from behind and I am now facing a tough decis...oh wait. That is how I would do it. In reality, the story is a bit different - after an easy conquest of Yuan lands, Korea attacks me so that I have just enough time to move my fresh armies to face them.

Joseon calls its Chinese pals - Tianwan, which cannot reach me, and one-province-minor Jin - to the party. I am not impressed.

Still not impressed.

OK, OK, I will take this war seriously, I promise!

In April, I shatter the whole Jin army and the Korean troops, as always, move to besiege my capital, appropriately situated on the borders...

...but Abatai Alantai with his strike force sends them packing, chasing them back to their territory.

And in June he ends Jeon Wang's humiliation.

Actually, that's it. In January 1379, I take the Jin capital and immediately force them to bend before the Jurchen horde. The days of the Jin dynasty are over.

Korea does not care as they simply drag another, considerably more powerful Chinese state to the war. Fortunately, we do not have a common border.

September 1379 finally brings the fall of Uiji and my cavalry proceeds deeper into the Joseon territory. I defeat the newly assembled Korean army there but then I realise that I actually have nothing to gain from them. So, on 12th January 1380:

Thus the glorious Korean invasion ends.

In June I am offered to sell some noble rights to the lowborn - which I strictly refuse as the more toward aristocracy I get, the better.

The period of peace is marked with our lands being infested by Chihan patriots who rise in Yuan lands, take the province and then proceed to march into the peaceable territory of Jurchen tribes so that we are forced to turn their visit into a bloodbath.

You get the general idea.

It starts to be bad when valiant Alantai dies in one of the attacks, forcing me to recruit his brother, Taksi Alantai.

He is even more better at shock at the expense of fire...but the extra point for sieging is very valuable.

In July 1382, a terrible lie spreads through the country, claiming that our glorious Khan is a warmonger! How could they even dare to say something like this?

Finally, in January 1383, our truce with the Yuan ends. And you all know what that means.

War.

A very good read. A nice mix of humour and gameplay and non-stop action, this a particular highlight:

As exactly nothing happens during the entire next year - tradaa, here is the fortress.

Looking forward to the next update!

Hey, you're back:D Yay! Your bandwith is unbuggered.:D:D

Yeah..hopefully my update frequency will solve this issue for me :D.

They won't call you powermonger once you own all of China... they'll call you Emperor :)

Of course ;).

A very good read. A nice mix of humour and gameplay and non-stop action, this a particular highlight:

Looking forward to the next update!

Thanks :). The fast-paced style is the general idea of this AAR ;).

Victory shall be won with heart and soul.

Forging the dynasty - part six
While our troops start crossing borders into the Yuan territory, its allies (Dai Viet, Wu and Tibet) honor their alliances. Nothing really scary, except maybe for Tibet who could decide to go expeditionary and send a stack against me.

To get a bit more repetitive, when my armies reach the gates of Beijing in March, Song warns us.

It does not take long and the Northern Capital, the aim of this war, is in Jurchen hands.

31st July, 1383 - fall of Shunde
4th June, 1384 - fall of Ordos
24th June, 1384 - fall of Tshiyet Noyan

And then, finally, on 3rd October, a huge Mongol army arrives to challenge our...eh, just kidding. Ulanchaab falls, followed in January by Sayin Noyan, in March by Bayan Hot, then by Jasagdu...

man-looking-watch-5499073.jpg

OK, OK, I get it. During the course of the sieges, we lose one point of stability, Dazhou warns us and the only important battle happens in Gansu in the February of 1356:

It is, of course, a trap on the Yuan army - they attack our cavalry in the mountainous Gansu and our reserves rush into the fray to turn the battle.

The war continues for another while and in April:

resulting in

(we are a proper Chinese monarchy now)

Oh well. Let's rock the house!

Or maybe not. The creation of Qing is a first step in a large transformation as we switched our government to a Celestial Empire so that we no longer risk tribal succession crises on monarch deaths and we gained a Chinese Unification casus belli on all nations holding territory in China. Otherwise it gave us only negatives - we lost our tribal bonuses and casus bellis and we gained the inward perfection modifier...but that is only the beginning. Now we have to

- Convert to Confucianism, so that we won't be pagan scum anymore

- Accept Cultural Shift, so that we won't be barbarian scum anymore

- Wage war a lot

- And one day, we shall claim the Mandate of Heaven!

In other words, our glorious nation has grown up. Does it mean it won't be fun anymore? Will there be as much warring and pillaging as before? I will answer these questions with three words:

To be continued!

In my game says that I need to wait 50 years to get core in Beijing and Creat Qing dynasty,how you as made it so fast? Ò.ó