• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"Over at the prosecution’s desk, Okepi started talking at length about how Cali’s guilt was established long before she died." - I'm assuming that this is supposed to be Vaki?

That ending was great, and Cali has achieved her freedom... but harder times are ahead. Let's hope that the Galactic Imperium is ultimately defeated...

• 1Like
Reactions:
"Over at the prosecution’s desk, Okepi started talking at length about how Cali’s guilt was established long before she died." - I'm assuming that this is supposed to be Vaki?
Oh, man. It's been quite a while since I accidentally let an error like that slip through! :eek:

That ending was great, and Cali has achieved her freedom... but harder times are ahead. Let's hope that the Galactic Imperium is ultimately defeated...
Thanks for reading! The Galactic Imperium will reappear in the sequel, and has a substantial role to play.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It's April 1st! Time for something lighthearted. And there's a little bonus that comes with this post! It's a bridge between Grand Theft Stellaris and the upcoming sequel. Enjoy!

First Program of the Core Worlds

Welcome to the Core Broadcast System, the official source of news directly from the Throneworld Aix. Glory to Her Imperial Majesty the Galactic Empress.

Anti-Imperial terrorists scammed by adolescent girls
Article written by interstellar war correspondant Akoth ins-Amun.

- Three young Humans from the planet Alaria who posed as potential PLA recruits on social media are under investigation for fraud, but supporters say the youngsters are in fact heroes. The female adolescents allegedly contacted recruiters from the terrorist organization through fake social media accounts and pretended to have an interest in becoming brides to members of the anti-Imperial terror group.

Like many of the hundreds of Human women who have been seduced by militants on the Galactic Network, they told the men that the only thing stopping them from moving to the Human reservation on Arcadia was a lack of money. Once they had been sent funds for travel expenses, the girls deleted their accounts and started the scam all over again with different recruiters.

It is unknown precisely how many recruiters the girls communicated with, but by the time an Alari Gendarmerie unit specializing in online scams caught wind of the scheme, the girls swindled roughly 15,000 energy credits out of the terrorist organization. One of the girls told Blorg tabloid Xenonian News that she was tempted at one point to accept the militants’ offer to travel to Arcadia, but ultimately decided against it.

"A few people I know did go, but I don’t think it went well for any of them," she said.

The women have been lauded as heroes by supporters around the Galactic Imperium for outsmarting the so-called “People’s Liberation Army,” with many declaring that the scammers should be rewarded for their actions.

“Those girls deserve the highest recognition!” said one member of the Imperial Senate, speaking on condition of anonymity.

But a scam is a scam, and instead of being rewarded, the girls are currently under criminal investigation for fraud. If convicted by the Alari government, they face fines and up to six months in jail, according to the Galactic Trade Organization. Alari Gendarme spokesman Dar Y’Calok told a local newspaper, Rattia Daily, that the situation was a first for the department, creating a legal gray area.

"I don't recall any precedent like this one on Alaria, probably because nobody digs deep enough in that direction," Mr. Y’Calok said.

There is speculation as to whether or not law enforcement will move forward with the charges, considering the victims of the scam. According to a report by Xenonian News, a spokesman for the Gendarmerie said officials may be legally unable take any further action.

“The victim of the scam needs to file a criminal complaint with the Alari Gendarmerie, and that is just about impossible due to the ongoing hostilities between the PLA and the Arcadia Self Defense Force.” the spokesman is reported to have said.

The three Human girls apparently aren’t the first to swindle the terrorist organization out of cash. According to Xenonian, men have also been known to pose as women online to dupe PLA recruiters. Some of these scammers are not even Human and can be found as far away as the Throneworld itself. Such schemes may seem like an easy way to make some extra money, but officials warn that the risks outweigh the possible benefits.

“I don't advise anyone to communicate with dangerous criminals, especially for grabbing quick money,” Y’Calok said.

Tomorrow, our reporters will interview members of the Imperial Cyberwarfare Division, many of whom believe that scams like this are only the tip of the iceberg that is the future of interstellar warfare. We will ask the important questions about using holograms in combat, the effectiveness of using AI-generated voices and videos to spread propaganda. We will also ask just how small military-grade drones can get, and how dangerous can they be?

Just what is going on here? Why is an armed resistance group being made fools of on April Fool's Day? Well, the answers are coming.

Five weeks from now, on Saturday April 29, a war will be coming to the Stellaris AAR forums. Be ready.

Artwork created by the Templin Institute, used without permission

Coming to the PDX forums on April 29th.

Last edited:
  • 3Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
That sounds hilarious. I'd hope that those "terrorists" aren't Alaria's allies since that would make things really awkward...

Reactions:
That sounds hilarious. I'd hope that those "terrorists" aren't Alaria's allies since that would make things really awkward...
It's a twisted situation. While Alaria and the People's Liberation Army are hostile to one another during the run-up to Year of Hell, the two factions are ideologically similar. (Committed to democratic forms of government and hostile toward the Imperium)

Reactions:
Only four weeks to A Year In Hell! Will we be subject to as many ads as Paradox uses in a run-up to a DLC release?
Not this time. I'm actually waiting to launch Year of Hell because the Army wants is ordering me to pull extra duty this month. I'll be gone for a week and a half. So I'm just going to keep writing the story and launch it when I come home.

Right now, the first six chapters of Year in Hell are done. Fingers crossed to have Chapters 1 through 15 done by the time this story actually launches. (Year in Hell is going to be a full-length story. Between 28 and 32 chapters)

Reactions:
I did it! I finished a @Macavity116 AAR in (almost?) record time! I am amazing!

Ahem.

Right.

It’s been quite the ride, though. A high point, and infuriatingly so, was the call with Cali’s parents. My stomach burned in fury. Well done!

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I did it! I finished a @Macavity116 AAR in (almost?) record time! I am amazing!

Ahem.

Right.

It’s been quite the ride, though. A high point, and infuriatingly so, was the call with Cali’s parents. My stomach burned in fury. Well done!
Well done to you as well! I know my works tend to be tall orders!

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
@Macavity116 apologies for not (apparently) having posted in this thread before. :D

I've voted for this story in different awards since I showed back up on the Forums last summer, including the currently underway YAYAs.

I know it's maybe not your favorite Stellaris story, and others have voted for other of your stories, but this is really a rollicking good adventure and I'm finishing this (today? tomorrow?) on my way to your Year of Hell. I feel like I should finish this first.

Thanks!

Rensslaer

• 1Like
Reactions:
@Macavity116 apologies for not (apparently) having posted in this thread before. :D

I've voted for this story in different awards since I showed back up on the Forums last summer, including the currently underway YAYAs.

I know it's maybe not your favorite Stellaris story, and others have voted for other of your stories, but this is really a rollicking good adventure and I'm finishing this (today? tomorrow?) on my way to your Year of Hell. I feel like I should finish this first.

Thanks!

Rensslaer

Oh, wow! I just spotted your edited post on the YAYAs. That's the first time one of my stories got a nomination for "Comedy of the Year!" I'm so jazzed! :)

Thank you so much for reading, and glad to hear you've enjoyed.

• 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
@Macavity116 sorry I'm running 10 months behind but this was a magnificent read!

On to Year of Hell...

Rensslaer

• 1Like
Reactions:
sorry I'm running 10 months behind but this was a magnificent read!
No worries at all. Everyone is free to read my stories on their own time. (I happen to know an Ao3 user who has devoted themselves to reading the whole Stormbreaker Universe, it took him nearly 3 years to reach Book 8 in the series and he's got two more to go!)

Thanks for reading!

• 2Like
Reactions: