Grand Temple special building realm bonuses not applying WAI?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Boogeyman

Captain
97 Badges
Apr 2, 2008
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Victoria: Revolutions
I hold personally the county of Paderborn and built the asataru grand temple there. The realm wide bonuses do not apply. No piety +0.2 or +5% renown etc. Local bonuses work (ex. +10% local levy). I am unreformed and feudal.

The special building is in a temple barony, is it supposed to give the stuff for me or be disabled since its a temple? Or maybe because I'm unreformed? Last time I played IIRC the bonuses applied (this was closer to release...).
H0vaphe.png

Last edited:
You are not the holder.

The special building is in a temple barony, is it supposed to give the stuff for me or be disabled since its a temple? Or maybe because I'm unreformed? Last time I played IIRC the bonuses applied (this was closer to release...).
If you are playing as Unreformed Asatru, they can't use temple holdings so that should disable all of the buildings in any temple holding you control directly.

You are not the holder.
I added a picture of the situation. I am the holder.

If you are playing as Unreformed Asatru, they can't use temple holdings so that should disable all of the buildings in any temple holding you control directly.
This would explain it. Just can't find it spelled out anywhere. The game explicitly says taxes and levies get zeroed, but nothing about unreformed killing the special buildings.

I added a picture of the situation. I am the holder.

This would explain it. Just can't find it spelled out anywhere. The game explicitly says taxes and levies get zeroed, but nothing about unreformed killing the special buildings.
There are very few special building slots in temple holdings so I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't anything about it in the game beyond the generic message about not getting taxes and levies.

Reactions: