• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The End of the Baltic War

The Swedish navy attacked the Prussian Navy for the coast of Goteborg, Now hope that the Prussians doesn't reinforce there navy.
mote39.png

They did, our navy was defeated and we lost 4 ships of the line. However, the Prussians lost 7 ships of the line, and it was a devastating blow to their war machine. But Sweden couldn't afford this loss, and all hope was gone. Prussian's where marching trough southern Sweden. And when Goteborg was seized, Sweden signed a humiliating peace. They lost Gotland and Denmark, but they gonna retake it!
mote40.png

mote41.png

mote42.png

I gonna build up my navy again, and I gonna retake all that land, Denmark will be attacked. According to the war overview the Prussian navy had 31 ships of the line, after the naval battle 24 remains.

As a small correction: Prussia lost four ships of the line and seven transports. :) Enjoying the AAR!

Maybe you should've picked another leader than Admiral Puke (Johan af Puke) to lead your fleet. Poor man was probably too busy throwing up to direct the battle ;)

Good luck rebuilding your navy and crushing the Prussians.

Hope to update this weekend, but I am in war with Russia, Victory is impossible now....

We Will rule the Seas!

Russia declared war on Sweden, this isn't good.. I got support in the form of money from Austria, Britain, the Ottoman Empire and even from our enemies of Prussia. I gather an army, the Russians have far more troops then I have, but they land is very big, so I have time before the Units from the south arrive. The first battles are all won, note the Russian losses:
mote45.png

mote46.png

mote47.png

mote49.png

mote50.png

mote53.png

And I annexed 2 regions from Russia, on one I have cores, the other is just for a bigger land, Russia was also forced to pay 125 ducats:
mote56.png

I declare war on Denmark a few days later and it looks like it's going to be very easy to defeat them, they are allied with Austria:
mote58.png

mote59.png

mote61.png

They are annexed by the Swedish Empire! We are again in control of the seas, we have 20 frigates and 8 first rate ship of the line!
mote62.png

Sorry for the long delay. It's 1818 already, so I hope to finish the last update this weekend, Enjoy!

End game Update

Well, 1818 and 1819 passed without wars, my army was shattered, and I was unable to reinforce it, here is an overview:

First, we have the world map, I lost Jutland to Prussia, as well Stralsund and Gotland, I earned some ground from Russia, and annexed Denmark and Iceland:
motemapswe1819122991.png

Then we have the overview, it was a minor defeat for me, and France won the game:
mote63.png

Lesson learned from my first March of the Eagles game:
- VERY nice wargame, for the people who haven't got the game, BUY IT!
- Sweden is not the most excellent nation to play with in the beginning, it is the minor of the Great powers.
- Sweden is fun and challenging, but like said above, not easy for a first game.

Now that we have the final update, I am eagerly awaiting comments!I will do another MOTE AAR in the future, but I first gonna finish my other AAR's, Check them out! links are in my signature!

why didnt you take back the lost lands of sweden (St Petersburg, Estonia, North Latvia and below Denmark in Germany) so that sweden could be reunited again :)
I wanted, but I failed. if the Rissian army from the south attacked me, I was doomed, I needed to sign peace.

Congratulations on finishing. You did well against such a strong Russia, not only surviving but taking land from them. The losses to Prussia were relatively minor, and you still end the game larger than you started it with one of the weakest Great Powers. Good work!

Well, all thanks for reading this! As for a next AAR with MotE, I will probably play Prussia or Austria. But I going to finish my new Victoria II AAR first. Check it out!

I must admit that I thought Russia would roll right over you. Luckily, they accepted that peace (not to belittle your results at all: you did a fantastic job destroying those first armies, but I hae to assume that the Russians, given time, could've called up near-endless hordes of troops. If Russia had been stubborn and refused your peace offers, they could've eventually walked all the way to Stockholm. So in that sense, it's lucky that they made peace before they brought their overwhelming power to bear). Oh, and even better that you managed to wring some territories from the Russians.

'Twas a fun AAR to read and I look forward to your next March of the Eagles endeavor. Who knows, I might even pop over to the Vicky II forum to see what you have brewing there. :)

well, I gonna start my new AAR in a few minutes. Updates will be faster I hope, But since I have 3 AAR's running (one by my father, 2 by my mother were I am the most) it will be hard. I Hope for many comments and subscribers!