• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

luk3Z

Rebel
1 Badges
May 15, 2007
  • For The Glory
Main thing about this idea is much more influence of some goods on province
where this goods were created.

For example province bonus (province with good and "base_cost in province" * ):

gold: fort +30; infantry, cavalry +0.8; artillery cost +2; Conscription center: +30
iron, copper: infantry, cavalry -0.8; artillery cost -2; Conscription center: -30
cloth, wool, cotton, furs: infantry, cavalry -0.4
naval supply: ships: -1; shipyard -30

other:

wine: infantry, cavalry cost -0.4; tax collector, Chief judge, governor: -1
tea, coffee, tobacco, sugar, spices, ivory, china: tax collector, Chief judge, governor: -2
slaves: fort -15; Conscription center: -15; shipyard -15
grain: province's supply limit +5
fish, salt: supply limit +5; land support limit: 500 for each 100 units of goods produced

* "base_cost in province" -> need to be implemented in this case

What do you thinking about this?

Last edited:
It doesn't really matter where goods are produced but who uses them in the end.

I mean drop cost because cost of transporting (lose during transports and random incidents) stuff isn't be adding i.e. we creating swords in province with Iron, so if we recruit here some infantry it should be little bit cheaper.
Other idea is: we have those bonuses if we build manufacture in this province ;)

I mean drop cost because cost of transporting (lose during transports and random incidents) stuff isn't be adding i.e. we creating swords in province with Iron, so if we recruit here some infantry it should be little bit cheaper.
Other idea is: we have those bonuses if we build manufacture in this province ;)

the second idea (with the manufacturies) would be better since not many people would be able to memorise all the features (maybe it could always be displayed what the goods in the province you point your mousecurser give for bonuses)

I hope we can define many kinds of goods freely as eu3,such as rice, nutmeg,in MMp

No need to wait, grab a graphic programm and made some. In good.csv and text.csv, you can change some values and descriptions. There are already dozens of alternative goods for EU2. I'm eager to see your results. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M0PM9pmRnI

I would like to see slave provinces be worth more early in the game. Slaves were a valuable resource among Muslim territories historically, (although this is something that rarely gets discussed nowadays and is widely unknown) so slave-producing provinces shouldn't be completely dirt-cheap at the beginning of the game, though they should definitely still rise later in the game.