• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Saint Angelo

Sergeant
20 Badges
May 19, 2019
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • For The Glory
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
I'm slowly working my way through the game, heading towards Vanilla+ or whatever it'll end up being, someday, maybe. I'm getting closer though.

I changed all the goods and manu bonuses to match EU4 and had to convert all the icons in the process. Granted, there's some quality loss - FtG uses 8-bit bmps so some colors look bad, and maybe a couple icons are positioned a little bit awkwardly but honestly it doesn't look bad.

europe.png

america.png

india.png

Perhaps you'll find some use for them as well :)

Attachments

• Goods.zip
    57,9 KB · Views: 0
  • 6Like
Reactions:
Is the anchor the EU IV icon for the good "naval supplies"? If so, I think it looks too similar to the symbol for the Naval Equipment Manufactory in FtG and I like the "Logs&Barrels" more for naval supplies.

Sheep or a ball of wool for wool
and
a linen shirt or a roll of cloth look all good. That would be simply a matter of personal taste.

Most of the other icons, e.g. fur, fish, grain, cotton I like the old FtG variant more than the EU VI variant. Perhaps I have become used to them.

When you write that you changed the goods AND BONUSES - then what except the picture was changed from where to where?

This is just my opinion, but I find these sprites to be uglier than the original FtG ones. :)
However, more variety is great.

I totally get that, but together they make for a consistent set that's not all over the place. And were easy to convert as well.
Should also get around to upload my goods.txt someday...

This is just my opinion, but I find these sprites to be uglier than the original FtG ones. :)
However, more variety is great.
I used them for new goods : glass and paper ;)

the link to download is dead!