• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Germans even took Verdun. Great progress in France! Nice to see Bulgarian troops manning the German coastline.

Jaran - Yeah they were not much help, but them joining the war did give the French an extra load of troops, they just wasted them :(

Wenis - That does happen alot which is a shame, this plays out further so the events kick in. I do like the idear of everyone charging Paris

asd21593 - Maybe I will, will be interesting, lets see what happens after the war first. And yes Russia is commie now, but very poor.

robou - it took them long enough lol, there are some Ottoman troops up there as well :D

Ahura Mazda - There landing on my coasts are annoying rather than scary lol

This will probaly be the last update for a week as I am away camping next week :D

Christmas day 1917 and the Germans have nothing to do but capture French ground with very little resistance. We defend the northern shore from an English attack but they are seriously outnumbered.

The war in Africa is going very well for the Ottomans, the English have diverted all their attention to the northern front allowing the Ottomans to steamroll through their defenses in the final stages of the war.

Canada lands some troops in Germany and the US lands some in Austria

Early February and we get a very important message, with nearly the entire country occupied France has surrendered, soon after so did the rest of the Entente seeing the situation hopeless.

In the following peace deals alot of territory changed hands.

In Europe Germany gains a satellite in the form of Belgium and for now continuing to hold the southern provinces.

Austria anexes Serbia and Romania also some northern provinces of Italy, she continues to discus with Germany what to do with West Ukraine

In Africa Germany takes all French land and some from the British becoming the true power in the continent.
The Ottomans take land in the north from Italy as well as annexing Egypt from the UK.
Scandinavia for her limited role in on the western front takes some land in west Africa (Liberia is still there, just the same color as me)

Dont worry I plan to reward Austria further :)
I am also wondering if Germany would use her gains in the East to create a Mitteleuropa.
I cant decide if Scandinavias gains are good, they may be altered slightly.
Any questions or complaints just let me know

Very fruitful. Do you know how many Scandanavians died in the war? I mean, really you just got some lakes (no offence to the Finns) and some sand, was it really worth it? Perhaps if you had taken the South Danish lands, it would have been more fruitful, then you could have picked on Russia seperately.

Scandinavia West Africa :cool:

Though it would look even better you traded Morroco and Mauretania for Ivory Coast and That between Mali and the Ivory Coast

Germany surely took very few lands in European France...

Anyways, the Sons Of Odin have now lands in the Land Of The Saracens. After 1200 years, they return. Good.

Some comments about the peace deal, specifically in Africa

Morocco was the source of significant tension between Germany and France before France ended up taking it as a colony. I don't think that Germany would agree to give it to Scandinavia after that.

Algeria, at least the coastal areas, would probably remain French, it was legally not a colony but rather a department of France

Scandinavia's gains are largely desert, if I were the representatives of Scandinavia I'd be somewhat disappointed with the results but I guess your contribution to the war was fairly small. What happened in the East, does Japan have all of the German colonies? What about Indochina (Scandinavia should get Indochina) Did the US give Scandinavia the Virgin Islands back?

asd21593 - Ok i will do, thing is im not that great at HOI2 :( but that would make it more funny as i screw up lol

robou - I didnt loose that many men thankfuly. The thing is Austria pretty much did nothing after beating Russia, maybe if I was in the Entent they would have all came North. I dont think i could have made much of a dent in Germany anyway :( could have been fun though.

Ahura Mazda - I will rework the treaty, this was just a guess

Herbert West - German land grabs were from the end of war event, suprisingly little. I hope Odin is proud and Loki is still tied to his tree :D

Zygo - Belgium does what Germany tells her lol , maybe i could create an event for a rebelion, I have a few idears so things dont get boring for Germany

hasskugel - Thanks for the tips i will definatly follow your guidelines. I gave myself pretty bad territorys as Scandinavia didnt do that much on the West front. But Indochina would be a great idear as im sure Germany would want to rob her enemie of this region.

Yeah I took my islands back :)

I will rework the peace deals when I get back, thanks for all your idears. I hope not to disapoint.

wow, what now?

{Weren't the germans very pro-dutch in WWI? They flew dutch planes..
I think they would give the Flemish part to the Netherlands by themselves.
I invite everyone to argue this...}
Seconded, Belgium as a state would probably not exist had the germans won. Germany was very pan-german and would have suuported a stronger dutch state. Someone actually posted the post war plans by the kaiser in the AAR the world is not enough, if you could find them they would prove very helpful.

Zygo said:
Weren't the germans very pro-dutch in WWI? They flew dutch planes..
I think they would give the Flemish part to the Netherlands by themselves.
I invite everyone to argue this...

The Dutch where pro-German. They made alot of money during the war. Just like the US.

You can't "give" Flanders to the dutch. The only way they could have been united was via a Federal state and giving the flemish people protection. If they pull this off you need to give Lille and duinkerque to flanders. There are alot of pissed flemish soldiers who have just fought a 4 years war under walloon leaderchip and lost. Don't need to draw you an picture i gues? You have to give them something big to keep those men in line.

More suitable would be a new nation of flanders (with duikerque and lille).
But then again the Germans would have some problems because the Flemisch people would claim Zeeuws-Vlaanderen and Nederlands-limburg from Holland. There where plans IRL and with the confidence of a new state they would claim it i think.

Middelkerke said:
The Dutch where pro-German. They made alot of money during the war. Just like the US.

You can't "give" Flanders to the dutch. The only way they could have been united was via a Federal state and giving the flemish people protection. If they pull this off you need to give Lille and duinkerque to flanders. There are alot of pissed flemish soldiers who have just fought a 4 years war under walloon leaderchip and lost. Don't need to draw you an picture i gues? You have to give them something big to keep those men in line.

More suitable would be a new nation of flanders (with duikerque and lille).
But then again the Germans would have some problems because the Flemisch people would claim Zeeuws-Vlaanderen and Nederlands-limburg from Holland. There where plans IRL and with the confidence of a new state they would claim it i think.

A minority took advantage of the war, but Netherlands and Danemark did suffer of that conflict, even if not involved, because they were surrounded by nations at war and local populations were in trouble. Their economy would run to overproduction, like Danemark with butter :p
Whatever, nice AAR !

Olifranc said:
A minority took advantage of the war, but Netherlands and Danemark did suffer of that conflict, even if not involved, because they were surrounded by nations at war and local populations were in trouble. Their economy would run to overproduction, like Danemark with butter :p
Whatever, nice AAR !

Yeah but those nations had the excuse that they would haven been overrun if they declared war on Germany. The US didn't... But thats ot. Lets get back to the AAR! :)