• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, take baltic coast and Finland!
But do not let Germans to rob you :)

Ehh - an AI German High Seas fleet cannot POSSIBLY invade Scandinavia with any success, and with that option stripped from them, they'd have to charge a (fortified, no?) Danish citadel crammed with every soldier he has to spare.

Though that's a boring war. Still, tie up enough German troops with fifteen or twenty divisions, then land another newly built fifteen or twenty somewhere bloody inconvenient.

Recipe for success.

Alternatively, picking off Finland at this point would be child's play. Dealing with British landings could be a bother, though.

Joining the Entente would certainly hit the Kaiser hard if you had the divisions, however in terms of reward invading Russian Finland and the Baltic territories seems best though as said, you'd be fighting tooth and claw to hold off the Royal Marines!

Tricky stuff

Interesting AAR concept that I have been intrigued by myself for a time. Personally I'd side with the Central Powers. Alot more to actually do and more success to be had. You've got Finland there waiting liberation and not to mention fighting off the Royal Marines which should be fun. Yeah, I'd side with the CP.

Seems like everyone wants you to join the central powers. My greatest worry (and everyone else's) is just how small your military is.

robou - Yeah Russia is very distracted, its just the British seem to be landing on every beach going. I just hope I can keep them at bay until the Germans march into Paris. Happy birthday btw :D

Colonel Bran - maybe some Estonians too, or am i getting to ahead of myself

zdlugasz - il do my best, dont worry i have some events in place so im not robed

kalenderee - Not a bad idear, I can see that putting a real thorn in the Germans side. Just hope id get a gerneral with +20 defence to help

Dr. Gonzo - Yeah they would look nice light blue, beach landing would certaily be a pain, but destract English troops from the war in France and Africa.

Ksim3000 - Thanks alot, yeah most vote that way. Lets hope the English actuly do land or this will get real boring real fast.

Wenis - Its my worry too, i have built it up quite a bit, but its far from good enough. My navies a joke too. I just hope my allies help me out.

Update soon i hope :)

Sematary - Russia it is, I think Germany would be too strong for me to deal with in afraid, but lets see what happens

Ladies and Gentlemen, i give you the newest member of the Central Powers

(For some reason only Austria is at war with Romania)

Scandinavia joined Germanys alliance on the 1st November 1915, declaring war on Russia, France the UK and all her allies.

Her armies immediately moving into Russia by land

and by sea

50127747zp1.bmp

The Western front could go well for Germany if her generals can successfully cut off and isolate those 12 French divisions, but with more French troops arriving all the time, this looks to remain a deadlock until Germany can focus her full attention on the French.

78451702vl1.bmp

The Northern front is going well for the UK who has established many beachheads (there are also 5 divisions in Danzig) but with lots of German troops in the area who knows how long this front will remain open, especially with Scandinavian troops soon to arrive from the North

39715936hj4.bmp

The Eastern front is coming along nicely, especially for Austria who is kicking ass in the southern section. A large Russian counterattack seems to be pushing the Germans back for now.

78598730qb4.bmp

Hostilities started with the Scandinavian navy ambushing 10 transport ships ferrying troops to reinforce the troops already on the northern front

30527191ol8.bmp

Soon more British ships arrived, but were soons fought off and the Scandinavian navy continued partroling for transports.

16036637zl5.bmp

First blood to us

A small seaborne landing party arrived in Saint Petersburg and began the capturing process.

46205601yc0.bmp

Whilst the first land battle took place in northern Finland, with the advantage of number and a skilled general there could only be one outcome
83752021jc9.bmp

14212180ef7.bmp

November and Lenin is set to return to Russia
37771257kw3.bmp

I was wondering why the British hadn't started landing in Norway, as it turns out they are enjoying some success on the northern front landing 20 something divisions.

30046912fg2.bmp

A great battle breaks out on the western front with the Germans attempting to push the French out of Germany for good

57681036gj3.bmp

This plan seems to be working well.

83597977lq3.bmp

The state of Europe January 1916.
Our armies are taking provinces all over Finland, with a garrison to hold the Russians at bay in their capital of Saint Petersburg.

10wv3.bmp

Little has change in Africa or Asia​

Wow,
Austrians are running like in amok

Germans seem to not be doing so well. Lack of progress in Russia and being pushed back on the western front! I think that those landings are causing the problem. Still, looks to be good progress in Finland. Lets hope you can keep your toehold in Petrograd!

hasskugel: I don't think Scandinavia has cores on Finland (even though Finnish is a national culture!)

Also, I third the "Austria is doing really well!" idea and hope for Scandinavia's success in the war.

truth is life said:
hasskugel: I don't think Scandinavia has cores on Finland (even though Finnish is a national culture!)

Also, I third the "Austria is doing really well!" idea and hope for Scandinavia's success in the war.
Scandinavia does have cores and culture if you form it as Sweden.

This looks like it'll play out very nicely for the Central Powers if you just hold the Western Allies at bay.

Seedsnatcher: I just checked, and I lost cores on Finland in my game where I founded Scandinavia as Sweden. It really doesn't matter though, since Force Change modded in Scandinavia, so it has whatever cores he decided to give it.

truth is life said:
Seedsnatcher: I just checked, and I lost cores on Finland in my game where I founded Scandinavia as Sweden. It really doesn't matter though, since Force Change modded in Scandinavia, so it has whatever cores he decided to give it.

It does not matter, as in Vicky, its the POPs that count. Still a very wierd thing, though.

Btw, do you have VIP installed? It gives you baltic cultures as national once you conquer their territory.

zdlugasz - I know i have never seen anything like it, i guess its due to taking out Serbia quickly so they could focus full attention on Ruissia.

squalleke123- Italy is completly queit, i havnt seen an advance either way. Same with the Ottmans, its quit on their russian front but they have gained a small foothold in Africa but are to their limit i think.

robou - Thoese landing mean its a three front war for the Germans, but rather on German shores than on Norway :) . Yeah i was to be honest hoping for Russia to put up more of a fight, but there was only about 8 devisions in Finland to fight.

Ksim3000 - Cheers, we shall see, but to be fair i have yet to fight much.

hasskugel - I hope so too, I do not at present have cores on Finland as i didnt know if it was fair, I can always add them.

truth is life - hehe thanks, and yes no cores but culture. Do you think I should add them?

Herbert West - No im just playing an un modified version unfortunatly, il prob go for a VIP in the next AAR.

Thank you all for reading and posting.
So do you think i should have cores on Finland?

Romania is knocked out of the way by a crazed Austria

58354341px6.bmp

The UK lands 15 divisions in Oldenburg and 11 in Emdem, but as Germany is now transporting troops to the Northern front they are able to win through sheer manpower

52097027fz4.bmp

41231090hj3.bmp

Although unable to gain ground the UK are doing a great job of typing up German manpower away from the east or weast fronts.

Scandinavian troops marched through Finland taking land relatively unchecked

39075193aq6.bmp

But any Russian troops sent into the area were soon sent fleeing for their lives as the fresh Scandinavians were able to outmatch the demoralized and tired Russians.

98495865os1.bmp

Germany manages to clear the northern front of British troops again, but how long until more arrive.

66384862bi2.bmp

The Scandinavian navy feels the power of the Royal Navy and is forced to retreat to Goteborg, allowing a fleet of transports to pass unharmed.

75658303ma0.bmp

Cleaning up any last resistance in Finland.

60734300rm0.bmp

Finally German troops break through and begin taking land in Russia, all it took was the complete destruction of the Russian army by Austria

54753096ca8.bmp

Europe August 1916

10be7.bmp

Russia is reeling however Portugal has just joined the Entente​