• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(90353)

First Lieutenant
Jan 4, 2008
www.myspace.com
Good Evening! :D

Due to have a bit of time on my hands at the moment so I decided it was time to start an AAR. Im not exectly a good writer but i hope this is still enjoyable.

Im quite an alternative history fan so this will not be the typical WW1 scenario, the biggest change will be the fact Scandinavia exists!

The first year is screenshoted and ready for posting, I will then take onboard advice and idears from you guys for the declaration of war.

I plan to play this country and influence the war (for either side) in the way which best suits me, I may have a few other changes in store to create a better story, lets see how things go.

Here goes nothing...

Last edited:

Scandinavia is currently a Constitutional Monarchy with a reasonable industry and navy. She was formed when Sweden gave full military support to Denmark against the Germans over the rule of the Duchy of Schleswig in the late 19th Century.

Schleswig was lost to Prussia in this conflict, in the aftermath a weakened Denmark and Sweden joined together in a union to begin the process of reconstruction.

Now with the outbreak of a great war Scandinavia looks for opportunity to expand, but her military is not yet strong enough. She will closely study offerers from both sides and see how the war goes before committing.

On the 20th of September Germany annexes Luxembourg and makes some small gains in Belgium

On the 28th the Ottomans enter the was on the side of Germany.

The UK starts to send ships towards the Baltic, no German ships in sight

A few days latter...

Oh there they are

But then English reinforcements arrive to chase of the Germans

December 1st and Japan joins the Entente as an early Christmas present, the war is truly becoming global.

The European fronts 1st January 1915

2 months in to 1915 and another English fleet is spotted

Montenegro is annexed by Austria, who then start to push into Serbia and western Russia alongside the Germans.

And the English are pushing into Ottoman territory.

March 8th and Romania join the Entente

Two weeks later they loose a member as Serbia submits to Austria and becomes a satellite, but gain another as Italy joins the action.

And finally something vital for any war effort

Paper!

Next up decision time...​

1st of August 1915 and Europe looks like this.

Germany and Austria are pushing East into Russia at a steady rate.

Some British troops have landed on the beaches of northern Germany but taking little ground.

The Western front has seen the French pushing into Germany but these pockets are being destroyed and ground steady being taken back.

Belgium remains relatively untouched by the war, still in control of their lands.

The Italian front is in deadlock as are the Asian and Middle-Eastern theaters

The American giant still sleeps.​

So is it time to enter the war? and on which side? Your input would be great :)

The next update I plan to tell of a diplomatic meeting between the two sides, each trying to convince Scandinavia to join them, and what they offer if they do.

Well that is a killer Austria! I'd say, looking at the situation, join the Central Powers, take finland and the baltic back and perhaps steal some British colonies. By the way, just a small tip, don't try and do an AAR in a day :) People tend to not like reading lots of updates all at once :)

Force Change said:
Thanks for the tip i completly agree, the large amount of coverage today was because thats was how far i have covered in the game, now i am up to date it will go at a slower pace.

just wanted you to know before you have to learn by experience ;)

Yes, join the Central Powers! Take back Finland!

I'd join the Allies for a bigger challenge. Plus you wouldn't have the sheer annoyance of your Glorious Scandinavian Imperial Fleet getting annihilated in two shots by the Brits.

Eärendil said:
Yes, join the Central Powers! Take back Finland!
And the Baltics. Certainly more valuable (Finland, that is) than two or so measly provinces in northern Germany.

You have a responsibility to liberate the southern Danes subjected to German tyranny. Ya can always invade Russia once it goes communist.

Thanks so much for reading.

Robou - Thank you i do need all the tips i can get, this is alearning curve for me.

derAleks - hmm Scotland, like more northen and few hundred years late viking raid, that would be awsome.

Eärendil, germanpeon, hasskugel - Central powers aye, it does look as though they would give the best oportunities, and i do like the look of a blue Finland.

kalenderee - Yeah i would like my fleet to remain above the water

TheConqueror, EmperorGilmour - Yeah i would love those two danish provinces back, and maybe some more of their northern coast.

Ok so current votes

5 - CP's
3 - Entent

Last edited:
lol at the english occupied provinces in Poland and Germany :D

November 1st 1915 and Europe looks like this.

Germany and Austria continue their rampage through Russia while the United Kingdom and France make some gains in West and North Germany. The Ottomans are now starting to push into Africa, putting yet more pressure on the UK.

Countries such as Bulgaria, Greece and Spain are under pressure from each side to join them, but only time will tell which way if either they will sway. The United States also looks at Europe with increasing worry, starting to see that intervention is inevitable.

Scandinavia entered talks with both the Central powers and the Entente both offering land.

The Central Powers offering Finland, "freeing the Fins from the oppressive Russians"

The Entente offering Holstein, "freeing thousands of Danes from the oppressive Germans"

Also any colonies they were able to grab

But the course of the war was clear, the Scandinavians could only make one decision.​

Going to war with Germany would be folly. That land border would mean that your small army would be overrun by Germans! Russia is much more managable.