• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fifnaril

First Lieutenant
4 Badges
Jan 21, 2020
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Island Bound
  • Empire of Sin
Wardens,

We hope that you are enjoying the new DLC Going Green and the patch The Glasshouse!
To keep track of all bugs and issues you are reporting, we created this list to bring back to the team. If you have experienced a bug not already in this list, please let us know in this thread.

Remember to include if you are using mods (and if you do, try to disable them - as sometimes they cause issues) and how to reproduce the bug you are experiencing. Being able to recreate a bug is the first step in understanding what is wrong and how it could be fixed! :)

Reported Issues:

[PC] Valuation tab not showing.
  • Workaround: Activate Cleared for Transfer Free DLC, and the Valuation tab will be available again.
[PC] Land expansion issues.
[PC] Staff door not working correctly.
[PC] Execution issues.
  • Workaround: The Execution chair is set as off as default, and by turning it on again, you should no longer receive the fail message during the execution attempt.
[PC] An issue with stored vegetables in Pantry not being used by the kitchen.
[PC] Contraband balancing issues.
[PC] Campaign issues causing the game to crash.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
-I have the same problem. Every inmate has always the activity Class. Even in Lockup or even when they never participated in any class. Therefore everyone has 0/10 on punishment en 10/10 reform.
I don't use mods and i have started several new prisons and they al have the same problem.

- I have noticed also that released prisoners are not counted in the prison grading. I have released several of them en the counter of released prisoners is still 0.

View attachment 676503

(PC) Have there been any bug fixes on this? i am having the same issues. with new save. Going green dlc- and better clock is the only mod i am using.
Have some murators active, slow time is one.

So far my prison have registred 2 releases. i have had 8 so far..

(PC-Steam version)
Finding a new unbalance/bug. when using the mutators named "Slow time", The vegetable expires to fast. it says 3.0 days when a box is started. but that runs out after less then 1 ingame day.

Also all reform programs finish earlier then it is scheduled. The time that prisoners have for attendance also goes up alot faster.

Wardens,

We hope that you are enjoying the new DLC Going Green and the patch The Glasshouse!
To keep track of all bugs and issues you are reporting, we created this list to bring back to the team. If you have experienced a bug not already in this list, please let us know in this thread.

Remember to include if you are using mods (and if you do, try to disable them - as sometimes they cause issues) and how to reproduce the bug you are experiencing. Being able to recreate a bug is the first step in understanding what is wrong and how it could be fixed! :)

Reported Issues:

[PC] Valuation tab not showing.
  • Workaround: Activate Cleared for Transfer Free DLC, and the Valuation tab will be available again.
[PC] Land expansion issues.
[PC] Staff door not working correctly.
[PC] Execution issues.
  • Workaround: The Execution chair is set as off as default, and by turning it on again, you should no longer receive the fail message during the execution attempt.
[PC] An issue with stored vegetables in Pantry not being used by the kitchen.
[PC] Contraband balancing issues.
[PC] Campaign issues causing the game to crash.
Everytime I try to add a power to a room on my Xbox Series X, with all dlcs installed, my game crashes to my Xbox Home Screen. I’ve tried new saves, deleting and reinstalling to no avail.

• 1Like
Reactions:
[PS4] Visitor BOOTHS don’t work. Prisoners & Visitors don’t use them for visitation. I see there is “X number of families waiting to visit” but they never visit when using visitor booths. This issue can easily be replicated by building a visitation area using visitation booths.

The only workaround is using visitor tables, which prisoners and visitors use in visitation, which of course allows contraband to be smuggled in.

[PS4] Visitor BOOTHS don’t work. Prisoners & Visitors don’t use them for visitation. I see there is “X number of families waiting to visit” but they never visit when using visitor booths. This issue can easily be replicated by building a visitation area using visitation booths.

The only workaround is using visitor tables, which prisoners and visitors use in visitation, which of course allows contraband to be smuggled in.
Yup. I have tried that and it worked. I also added another ring of fencing further inside my prison and now contraband is no longer being thrown either, at least not that I can see.

Everytime I try to add a power to a room on my Xbox Series X, with all dlcs installed, my game crashes to my Xbox Home Screen. I’ve tried new saves, deleting and reinstalling to no avail.
Thank you for the feedback and information! I will bring this to the team so they are aware of the crashes!

[PS4] License plates made in the workshop are just left in there. Occasionally a worker or two will come in and pick up some of them but the rest are left to pile up. (Yes, I have an exports zone) The exports zone is Staff only but even then I’d expect idle workers to transport completed plates to exports zone.

Attachments

• A76CE402-B27E-4590-99B2-54E164C9B828.jpeg
    A76CE402-B27E-4590-99B2-54E164C9B828.jpeg
    591,4 KB · Views: 0
[PS4][Island Bound] Helipads don’t work when accepting one type of prisoner. The helicopter arrives but then immediately takes off without dropping off prisoners.

To replicate this issue set the helipad to only accept Death row or criminally insane, then intake aforementioned prisoners. Watch how the intake helicopter arrives but then immediately leaves.

[PS4] When attending parole prisoners will switch parole rooms and even sit in rooms where the parole staff aren’t sitting. The same happens with Death row appeals.

To replicate this issue have more than one parole session running (I had 8) Prisoners Will then seem to play musical chairs while attending parole.

EEC95DDF-A327-42F5-A6A0-84A13C443FAB.jpeg
221E9908-0ECA-4DBC-80F6-0764F955740A.jpeg

[PS4][All day and a night] When using the warden Walt ‘the wolf’ Wilson some prisoners have the “Legendary” reputation by itself or with other mediocre reputations. Don’t look very legendary to me!

FBA0711C-D735-4308-9F4B-6DD74CE87767.jpeg
FF3011EC-C7A7-4C32-B28F-27CC393AA61E.jpeg

[PS4] I seem to be having issues with laundry and the distribution of Uniforms. It seems to happen when having more than one laundry room.

My laundry room serving Max sec hasn’t got enough uniforms for everyone while my Laundry for death row seems to have a huge excess amount of uniforms.

To replicate this have more than one Laundry room, each serving their own cell block. The distribution of uniforms seems to be off. I also have a reception as well, which may have something to do with it.

(PC) I have a couple of bugs I haven't seen here:
1. Orderlies freeze upon rioting in CrimIns wing
2. Transfer rules, prisoner intake, prisoner rules all resetting upon restarting the game
Also might not be a bug but it is really annoying how the game requests tons of trucks with a single delivery, thus creating a queue of goods and hindering the delivery process.

Last edited: