• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hecthor Doomhammer

Private
3 Badges
May 25, 2020
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Island Bound
Whenever since Going Green, I load a savefile, ALL programs reset, saying either no regime timeslot or no equipment.
The only way to remedy this at the moment is to Reset Schedule, BUT ALL progress of all classes is lost and reset, resulting in some of the participents no longer being interested in the programs.
bug.png

i have the same issue on PC. only workaround i have found is that once you load the save game. pause the game. goto Edit Schedule and take off 1 program and replace it again at same place and time. That will fix the issue. Only thing is that if you do load in a middle of a program it cancel thoose for that session, very annoying when it comes to Parole.

I have noticed that this issue ONLY applies to programs that have been pinned. Programs that have not been pinned will function normally upon loading the prison. So moving a program to a different slot in the scheduler or creating a new one within the scheduler, (as this will automatically pin the item) will break the program upon reload unless manually unpinned.

Doing so after reload will reset the state and all scheduled programs will work once again. This can be done either by moving a pinned or unpinned program, even if moved to the same slot (as above post explains).

I have noticed that it is also possible to quickly pause the game as the prison is loading up, before the running program is actually cancelled in place (i.e. attendants leave room), but this is not a workaround because during that stage of the loading process the programs tab is inaccessible and no unpinning can be performed during that time.

This is game breaking to users, because when a program has been left pinned before save, and when the program is actually running during the save, will cancel the session upon loading the prison. This is especially obstructive to parole or deathrow appeal sessions.

Last edited:
I'm seeing this on PC too, I thought I'd done something. I've also noticed behavioral therapy never has a teacher even though there's 100 free offices and no other programs taking them (like no alcoholics stuff). Also all of my programs are pinned so yeah it hit me hard ha ha.

Having this same issue too. While it's easy to TEMPORARILY solve by removing a programme and then replacing it again, it's annoying to have to do so every time I reload. Particularly as I'm having to reload a LOT with another bug that means the zoning rarely recognises a secure area unless I save and reload. I've never noticed so many game bugs, and given how many people I've seen mention this, I don't think this is attributed to my mods.

What makes this issue further problematic is when the Guard Tazer Certification program refuses to function when you perform this workaround, even if there are guards that still need it.

So if you have the tazer program running, and you need to perform the workaround, you have to do this whole sequence each time you reload:

- Open the scheduler from Reports, click a program and place them right back at the same position (any one besides the tazer program)
- Right-click the tazer schedule to remove it
- Close the scheduler
- Scroll in the Reports to find the tazer program somewhere at the bottom to click start again
- Open the scheduler and locate the now misplaced Death Row schedules to reposition them into both the correct room as well as the correct time, because they were moved with that start button click
- Click on the unpin button for each of the Death Row schedules (so they won't break if they are running when you load up the game next)
- Click the pin button for the new tazer program (so it won't move to an inappropriate slot when you start new programs)

It's ridiculous.

I've noticed the guard taser program requires a work time slot now so you can't teach them overnight, it used to allow you to spend all night teaching them.....now you have to take up time during the inmates schedule.

I've noticed the guard taser program requires a work time slot now so you can't teach them overnight, it used to allow you to spend all night teaching them.....now you have to take up time during the inmates schedule.
I understand it’s annoying but I just schedule my prisoners regime around it. For example during the Tazer class they are either sleeping or in lockup.

It doesn't say that for me. In the scheduler the program sometimes complains about its position, but that's all just part of this or related bug(s). Tazer program CAN run outside the prisoner regime. You have to start the program from the Reports screen, not the scheduler. Then the tazer program works around 06 o'clock.

But as soon as any other program is started that way or you move something, it breaks the Tazer thing. Something like that, I don't fully follow what's going on.

It doesn't say that for me. In the scheduler the program sometimes complains about its position, but that's all just part of this or related bug(s). Tazer program CAN run outside the prisoner regime. You have to start the program from the Reports screen, not the scheduler. Then the tazer program works around 06 o'clock.

But as soon as any other program is started that way or you move something, it breaks the Tazer thing. Something like that, I don't fully follow what's going on.

Ahh I see. Yes I did notice if I schedule it manually it breaks but if the game does it it doesn't. Maybe it requires it be inside specific hours for some reason.

I just updated to the newest The Pen update, 6447, and the problem didn't occur to me the first two times I loaded a prison. Seems to have been silently fixed, cannot reproduce anymore at the moment.