GoG Version requires full reinstall a few times per year or DH full (but light and alll mods) will not launch

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Rodmuth

Second Lieutenant
11 Badges
Feb 12, 2021
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Magicka
  • Semper Fi
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
So this has happened to me like 15 times, and I read another guy mentioning it and a dev saying it's impossible but it's real. Even archiving up the DH full folder of a clean install then when this happens, removing DH full and unpacking the clean install one does not work.

It wouldn't be a real issue except the gog installer is the slowest thing, if you tried it you know.

Upvote 0
So this has happened to me like 15 times, and I read another guy mentioning it and a dev saying it's impossible but it's real. Even archiving up the DH full folder of a clean install then when this happens, removing DH full and unpacking the clean install one does not work.

It wouldn't be a real issue except the gog installer is the slowest thing, if you tried it you know.
I have the Gog version and have had no problems with it. I don't play it through Gog though, just play it directly from my laptop.