• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Verda Stelo

Recruit
14 Badges
Feb 17, 2021
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
Hi all - I see I'm not the only one to have recently bought this and not got it working.

Bought from GOG. It runs the installer, but when I press play I just get a crash reporting popup. No error messages. Have tried running as administrator and uninstall/resinstall. i have CK2 from Steam and it works fine.

DXDiag, pdx_settings and system log are all attached already. Hope that helps.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    74,4 KB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    338 bytes · Views: 0
  • system.log
    685 bytes · Views: 0
I believe GoG has not yet released the 2.0 patch, is that right? Because that system.log shows 1.5.3 still.

If so then your problem is not related to the other recent ones we see here. Is there an error.log in that /logs/ folder?

It says this:
[18:47:41][pdx_ugc.cpp:42]: No UGC backend available for current platform.
[18:47:46][virtualfilesystem_physfs.cpp:1539]: Could not open file: pdx_settings.txt, error: pdx_settings.txt permission denied

[18:47:46][virtualfilesystem_physfs.cpp:1539]: Could not open file: pdx_settings.txt, error: pdx_settings.txt permission denied
This will be your antivirus app getting in the way. Which one do you use?

Add imperator.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.

You should add steam.exe and C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2021.1/paradox launcher.exe to that list.