• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Beleghir

Recruit
Nov 27, 2021
I have over 240hs played in the same windows 10 Home (desktop) machine. (The game has launched in this machine before)

I have no mods installed and never had.

Last time I could launch the game was on version Lem v3.1.2. Issue started with Herbert (currently I havve Herbert v3.2.2 (abcc)).

I've tried everything I found in these forums and GoG's to no avail; Fresh install(s), windowed mode, re-installing the recommended runtime libraries, run as admin, checked firewall settings are ok., etc. Still doesn't work.

Even tried the beta launcher (2021.10-rc.3) and launching directly from the executable. No luck.

I attach the dxdiag output in the hopes someone can find what's going on.

Thanks.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    94,1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2021-12-04 153208.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-04 153208.png
    1,4 MB · Views: 0
What happens when you run stellaris.exe directly, any Windows error show up?

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log .

Thanks for the answer.

I tried running directly from stellaris.exe and I don't get any error. Just the stellaris splash image for a second, and then back to desktop.

I already attached the dxdiag in my first post.

There's no system.log nor error.log since I reinstalled. I can't find a settings.txt either.

I attach the pdx_setting.txt.

Thanks.

Attachments

• pdx_settings.txt
    336 bytes · Views: 0
The game is getting a Windows error c0000409, but I don't know what problem in Windows causes that one.

Please go here:
And run the x86 and x64 installers there.

And please run this Windows repair tool: