• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It would be so much easier if this was Canada. Canada is too weak to do what needs be done. But newfoundland is hard as nails and there's no telling what they'll do. We must kill then all, before they kill us.

The creek will rise.

Reactions:
It would be so much easier if this was Canada. Canada is too weak to do what needs be done. But newfoundland is hard as nails and there's no telling what they'll do. We must kill then all, before they kill us.
I'm always a fan of descriptive place names. There's a district in İstanbul named Confusedgrocer.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Does anyone know why? Sounds like there's a story there.
Actually I have a friend who's been a resident there for a few generations (and this is a very rare thing in İstanbul where everybody's coming from somewhere). That district used to not really be commercial or residential during the youth of my friend's grandfather, full of orchards and the occasional weekend house and the nearest settlement is a small sleepy village some miles away. So when this grocer opened up shop there, people thought he's a bit stupid and confused to start a business there. Then, when somebody needed to describe that area they'd say "to the confused grocer", "around the confused grocer" etc. In time that caught on, and the area became crowded (because of a wave of internal migration, lax zoning code, highway coming close etc) so it became the name for the entire neighborhood. The joke's on whoever thought the grocer was confused, I guess :)

By the way I remember another stupid district name story. In my hometown there are 2 neighborhoods called 4 1/2 stops and 5 1/2 stops. Rapıd industrialization caused people to move to the city center from villages to work in factories so some areas urbanized fast, and didn't have names yet. When bus service started there, they just called the stops after named neighborhoods 4th stop, 5th stop etc. Without better alternatives, those neighborhoods just started to be called by those names. Fast forward to another wave of internal migration caused by people fleeing ethnic tensions elsewhere when there became more crowded more frequent stops were needed, but the numbers were already assigned so they started calling the intermediate stops 4 1/2th stop, 5 1/2th stop etc. This was late 90s. Now those are proper neighborhoods and the city got so much bigger those can be regarded as city center, and still called 4 1/2 stop neighborhood.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'm always a fan of descriptive place names. There's a district in İstanbul named Confusedgrocer.
Newfoundland is just scary. Who knows what more land they are going to 'find???

• 2Haha
Reactions:
So...apparently someone at pdx loves this AAR because they decided to make native amercians OP!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Fb-fb:

Step by step, you're going to be the great power in America. There is still some strong enemies around you (the 13 colonies look scary) but, they need to keep an eye on you.
Nicely done so far. :)
All of the various British colonies are a little scary. I've done well to avoid them so far, but I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to do that now that I am next door in the north.

Burn down the country to honour the great writer.
Well, Steinman was from New York so I guess I did. ;)

Hopefully there isn't about to be a confrontation with the British up in Michigan. That looks like one place where yours and the British's interests could conceivably clash.

In the meantime, that's a good job on pretty much securing total control over the east of the Mississippi. Quite the achievement, to be sure.
There is that too. Newfoundland has thus far left the nations alone, but that probably won't last forever.

I'm very worried about Huron Ontario, as well. That's a hard line that needs to be drawn, I think. If they attack and you stand aside and let the British gut them, you might be in for a bad situation.
Also true. That said, Huron has been able to tech up pretty well. Still behind the Europeans but not too far. That's why they've been such a good ally.

The creek will rise.
Yeah...I don't think I'd do well if they picked a fight with me.

I'm glad you explained further because I was about to write a short story about it. :D

Does anyone know why? Sounds like there's a story there.
Yep

Actually I have a friend who's been a resident there for a few generations (and this is a very rare thing in İstanbul where everybody's coming from somewhere). That district used to not really be commercial or residential during the youth of my friend's grandfather, full of orchards and the occasional weekend house and the nearest settlement is a small sleepy village some miles away. So when this grocer opened up shop there, people thought he's a bit stupid and confused to start a business there. Then, when somebody needed to describe that area they'd say "to the confused grocer", "around the confused grocer" etc. In time that caught on, and the area became crowded (because of a wave of internal migration, lax zoning code, highway coming close etc) so it became the name for the entire neighborhood. The joke's on whoever thought the grocer was confused, I guess :)

By the way I remember another stupid district name story. In my hometown there are 2 neighborhoods called 4 1/2 stops and 5 1/2 stops. Rapıd industrialization caused people to move to the city center from villages to work in factories so some areas urbanized fast, and didn't have names yet. When bus service started there, they just called the stops after named neighborhoods 4th stop, 5th stop etc. Without better alternatives, those neighborhoods just started to be called by those names. Fast forward to another wave of internal migration caused by people fleeing ethnic tensions elsewhere when there became more crowded more frequent stops were needed, but the numbers were already assigned so they started calling the intermediate stops 4 1/2th stop, 5 1/2th stop etc. This was late 90s. Now those are proper neighborhoods and the city got so much bigger those can be regarded as city center, and still called 4 1/2 stop neighborhood.
There is actually a small town here in Georgia named Between because it sits just about in the middle between Atlanta and Athens (home of my alma mater UGA.)

Newfoundland is just scary. Who knows what more land they are going to 'find???
That's just it...I think they've run out so they may start looking at us.

So...apparently someone at pdx loves this AAR because they decided to make native amercians OP!
OP?

Reactions:
Reactions:
Late to the party, Sorry! 1st Eu4 that I have read in years. Great Stuff!!! On clearing hometown, Powhatan Strong! My house is probably within 20 miles of location where Pocahontas saved John Smith. Thank you for writing.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hmmm...some bad news folks. It appears that the new patch has corrupted the old save. It keeps crashing the game within minutes of playing even after loading, then saving, then starting again. It also changed a few things (like new territory that is now mine that was not before, etc. Not good. I'll keep testing it, but it may be that this portion of the AAR is over.

However, never fear. I was having way too much fun with this to quit entirely. If I can't get it to work, I'll just start over from the beginning. Stay tuned.

EDIT - Worse still, started up a new game and the Creek are not even represented. Tried another and the game crashed yet again. We may be entirely stuck here. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Reactions:
the new patch seemingly broke everything in its path, maybe there'll be a(nother) hotfix to fix it?

• 1Like
Reactions:
the new patch seemingly broke everything in its path, maybe there'll be a(nother) hotfix to fix it?
I'm beginning to notice that. I've posted in the technical issues area but I doubt they will do much immediately. We may be on hold for a minute. I don't pay as much attention to the game area all that much so you good folks keep me posted when changes are about.

Reactions:
Ah. That’s not the update I wanted to see…

Like you coz I never venture out to the game area, so I’ll sit right here and hope for good news!

Reactions:
I've been following the forums and was worried this might affect AARs in progress, but as I don't own EU4 there's no practical advice I can offer. Hopefully they'll release a fix soon.

Reactions:
Thank you for your heartfelt words about suicide, bad decisions and faith. I agree 100% with the support of the forums. I returned to the forums last April after being laid off due to COVID silliness. Either go all in or ignore, never go half way! (Yes, I prefer either extreme to the middle.) The forums helped to lift my mood. Any idea how the latest patch will effect playing as a Native American. Thank you for all that you do.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Damn pdx. Although apparently something serious is going on down there in the doldrums of the gaming forums because PDX are coming out all barrels firing at the toxic fan base.

Then again, this patch has screwed over everyone who has played EUiV currently, was an ungodly mess of a dlc and was clearly rushed (because they had hotfixes coming out every day since)...

Idk. Creek will rise.

Eventually.

Reactions:
Damn pdx. Although apparently something serious is going on down there in the doldrums of the gaming forums because PDX are coming out all barrels firing at the toxic fan base.

Then again, this patch has screwed over everyone who has played EUiV currently, was an ungodly mess of a dlc and was clearly rushed (because they had hotfixes coming out every day since)...

Idk. Creek will rise.

Eventually.
Well, EU hasn’t really been at the best quality since EU2... Haven’t even played 4 for a couple of years now I think. But I digress, lovong to read the stories in AARland like this one at least.

Reactions: