• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, Portugal is nice now. Good.

The other Europeans are still worrying, though.

Reactions:
Definitely a cliffhanger. I'm hoping for you to go full Prawnstar after this.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Fb-fb:

Good thing we all know TBC speaks true.

In years to come, unless the Europeans decide to ally together to protect their colonies, or one of them really properly concentrates on crushing you, I think you might just survive to see the end of of century.

Which is astonishing really, given its native amercians on the east coast in the 18th century.

The british starting putting down roots further south isn't good though. You want that colony to stay as small and weak as possible, much like all the other colonies that have a chance of going independent (pretty much all mainland colonies then)...
Well...I must say it again. TBC speaks mostly true here. ;) I'm not there yet, but the 13 Colonies does end up giving me some fits. Just wait for it.

What a cliffhanger! I'm excited to see what happens and fully expect you to kick the Frieses off your continent - don't let pesky niceties about claims stop you.
I'm not terribly aggressive naturally but in a later war, I take your point well. Again, wait for it.

Oh you tease! :D

Looks to me like solid preparations, but I bet that's still a bit of a stomach-drop moment clicking declare war against New Frisia. Stirring stuff, anyway. As TBC says, an independent Creek polity surviving until the 18th century with territories on the east coast would be quite the achievement.

Really looking forward to this war.
No doubt about it. Every little thing I do as it regards the Europeans is done with immense terror. No matter how easy it might look.

Oh, I'm very excited to see where this war goes. Hesaketvmese protect your warriors.
Finally had to look that up. Great myth and I should have used some of it early on in the writing.

Drive the Frisians back into the sea!

And, oh my, Bruce has grown up, hasn't he? I guess you're lucky he hasn't tried to move into the Ohio Valley yet...
Cannot believe that Bruce stopped in that direction. I would have blocked them if I didn't have these pesky Friesiens irritating me.

I think I know why you can't reform. Do you have Dharma, but not Conquest of Paradise? For some reason, some people are having trouble reforming as there is a bug that allows you to get feudalism but not the other institutions and be unable to reform your government.

Source:
I'm not playing with any DLCs. Just the latest patch. I think it is in that which is keeping me from reforming. And I could be wrong, but the thing that might be keeping me from that decision may be because I have not reached all 6 Creek ideas yet. Not sure. We'll find out for sure when I get there.

Well, Portugal is nice now. Good.

The other Europeans are still worrying, though.
I don't know about nice, but they are always telling me things as if I know what the hell they are talking about. Talk about high handed!

Definitely a cliffhanger. I'm hoping for you to go full Prawnstar after this.
Oh my, that is a tall order. Not sure I can do what Prawny did, but I did have it in mind when I started this.

Go crush those Frisians
Orders given and orders followed, sirrah! :D

To all - Thanks so much for all the great comments! I really appreciate it. I didn't want you to have to wait too long for the resolution of the cliffhanger so it follows directly after I attach the screenies.

Reactions:
Meet The New Boss...Same As The Old Boss

There could be many ways to interpret the title of this post, but let’s just assume that we, the Creek, are the Boss. K? And as such, we must not let our reputation be sullied by the poor practices of our continental partners. I mean, come on...they aren’t even clever with their name! NEW Friesland? Real creative fellas. They’ve encroached upon our tribal lands for these long many years and now it stops. We’ve been forced to block them step for step as they colonized westward and now it’s time to take back what is ours. Mostly.

Ahem.

Now as of the cliffhanger, we were just about to enter the year 1638 and I am poised to strike in full. The declaration of war is sent in January with a return of one of their poisoned blankets and thankfully all of our allies sign on with us. Our two armies immediately invade the Carolinas with the chief leading one of them who heads straight to Santee.

ALXDb8A.png

The Chickasaw is heading east with 4K and a leader and Powhatan send their force north. Sadly, their army is completely wiped out by February. Obviously that was disappointing. Yet we still have large armies and we swing them north to Roanoke and Chesapeake in case that NF (what I shall refer to them going forward) decides to head south. However, they do not. Instead they sow discontent within Creek lands and then make a beeline to Huron. Hmm.

By April, Huron has bypassed their force and is moving to siege away in the north while Chickasaw occupies Saluda. By May, they have also taken Santee and our chief takes Roanoke. Things progress even further by June with more lands taken as the NF army does its best to siege in the capital of the Huron tribe.

pKfIJNr.png

Things are going great until we look up into the sky and witness a great ball of flame streaking across the heavens. Obviously it must be an omen that we are destined to succeed but stability drops anyway. Drats. No worries, however. As we continue on eventually take Chesapeake (their capital) in September and by October the war score sits at 75%. This turned out to be a lot quicker than expected, likely as the NF army decided to completely avoid our forces (save the poor Powhatan who even they have rebuilt a force and taken a province to the north.)

We’re up to 82% by November and I decide to send the chief north to face them instead before they can sack the Huron capital. But he never gets there. In January of 1639 I receive a note from NF offering peace. It is quite detailed and offers up every province that we hold claims on as well as one (Doeg) to Powhatan that they took. More, they will pay me…

Well, let’s just say I wasn’t sure I should take all of that in case that incurs the wrath of my other neighbors for being too aggressive. However, it was a quick war and I feel like I am ready to take on all comers. Let ‘em try it. I say yes.

RWyhBDa.png

Just like that, I have taken control of all South Carolina and have cut them off as I built that bridge to Powhatan. The new pelts are nice as well. I use them too. Within the next two years, I start building workshops in Hitchiti, Cherokee, Guale and Mobile. I’m also coring all of the Carolina provinces and make it a territory. More to that, our plucky little colonist heads north and takes some settlers to Erie just off a gigantic lake. Take THAT New Friesland!

8CRoNzv.png

Obviously we have some provincial unrest as a result of our large take in the war, but we station the largest army in Carolina just in case. Friesland is not especially happy about all of this as they declare us a rival in 1640 but do little else. Instead, we respond by fabricating claims on Tuscarora and Kanawha in 1641. I’m planning on a round two (or three depending on how you look at it) and want to get ready as soon as possible.

Also, the building of the workshops is finally complete by 1641 and allows me to finish another mission (oddly enough called Build Buildings) which brings a nice bonus with it…

KK2Nv80.png

We finish off coring the new territory and then move to change the culture in Cusabo to Creek. And then in 1642, our glorious chief dies. There is much sadness as all warriors value his great achievements during the war but that doesn’t last too long when the new chief has some decent stats (4/2/6), so...that’ll work.

I boost stability back to +2 soon after and then improve the capital for a better tax base in Tuskegee before throwing some harsh treatment towards the New Friesian Separatists. I like this new chief. And while he waits for his shot at NF, I keep building. A workshop in Cherow in 1643 followed by a Castle in Tutelo the same year. In 1644 I decide to make South Carolina a state but up north, Powhatan has some issues with their separatists. The rebels take their new territory and head into ours and we must respond. But this is all over by June.

I do have to core the new territory again after making it a state (I’m still learning) but by December of 1644, I see I may have some luck at sending my missionary and do so first in Waccamaw. The next year I fabricate claims on Roanoke and Pamlico before tossing some more harsh treatment on my own separatists. And then in 1645 I recall my colonist from Erie and send him to Kentucky.

I’m able to reach another level in the Defensive Ideas menu when I hit Military Drill which boosts morale for my armies in November 1646. Just after that, the Thirteen Colonies names me as a rival. Ok...sure. Just try it buddy. You’ll get heap big trouble!

I do notice that I now have two different rebel issues. It is not just the New Friesian Separatists but now also Catholic Zealots. Good thing we are trying to convert them. Some more harsh treatment follows but then I get a chance to choose a national decision – Purification Movement. Yes please.

93ekCMS.png

I’ve been increasing production by using diplomatic points and then 1648 is a busy year. A workshop is built in Shatteras in January and then in June I fabricate a claim on Chesapeake. In April, I build a marketplace in Chatot and in September I get an agricultural revolution in Alabama boosting base production. Oh...and the truce with New Friesland ends this year.

As much as I’d love to pounce immediately, I don’t think I am ready yet. The colonies are still going and I’m having to handle possible rebels. In fact, they rise up in Santee in November. They are even able to take control of that province by December. Thankfully they have no leader and are defeated by January 1649. That ends their movement for a while but I still have the Catholic zealots. So...more harsh treatment.

By 1650, we are told that Manufactories will now effect our tech research adding yet another penalty. Hrmph! I’m always playing catch up. Yet we continue on. Waccamaw is converted in this year and Cusabo embraces Creek culture as well. I move my missionary to Santee and then Erie becomes self sustaining in 1651. And then finally I have enough in the pelt jar to embrace Global Trade which gives us another merchant and decreases the tech penalty by a great deal…

gt7bKcv.png

As you might imagine, I catch up a lot faster. In January of 1652 I reach level 8 and level 9 in administrative tech, level 9 in diplomacy tech and level 11 in military tech. I’m still behind my European neighbors, but that was huge. Now only Manufacturies is keeping me penalized.

I send my 4th merchant to collect from Mexico and then get a diplomatic insult from New Friesland at the end of the year. Just wait guys. Not far now.

Santee is converted in 1653 and I send my missionary to Saluda in June. And in November I ask for military access from the Iroquois. They say yes. Finally in 1654, Kentucky is self sustaining and I celebrate by fabricating a claim on Monogahola (I’m almost certain I spelled that wrong.) And then I pounce...again. DoW letter sent in April over Roanoke ostensibly. Chickasaw and Huron join this time but not Powhatan.

Apparently their tactics remain the same and they run away. I am chasing them as they head north while I take their lands once more in the south. I won’t bore you with too many details this time because it pretty much goes the same as the last round. I do defeat a small newly built regiment in August, but otherwise they sit in Huron at a long siege while we take their provinces. Indeed, the most exciting part of this war is the sale of titles event that nets me another 200 plus pelts. Nice.

By November, I have a war score of 17% and reach level 10 in admin tech opening up another group of ideas. I choose exploration for the soul purpose of giving the ability to recruit explorers. I want to find this strange land they call Europe and see what all the hubbub is about. And by December, their capital falls to us. By March of 1655 the war score sits at 68% and my large army is in the north heading for that sieging force in Huron. We finally meet in Tionontate in April…

lVuVZ7S.png

...and we lose!

I’m pissed because they have no leader and I’m a far larger force but I guess we really are still that far apart. However, by May my war score is sitting at 82% and I decide to demand peace anyway.

D8PAczP.png

And it works. They say yes and give us again all that we had claims on, including their now former capital of Chesapeake. More pelts again too. I use them once more to build a castle in Santee and workshops in Mocama, Alabama and Tutelo. Finally I send my colonist to Kaskinampo to start colonizing the rest of that land east of the Mississippi River.

In less than 20 years, I’ve taught these fools the error of their ways (the less said about the loss in Huron, the better...though it did teach me a lesson.) Two offensive wars called and two won and now I hold 12 of their former provinces. Cut them off from expanding westward too. So, all in all, a pretty successful session. To wit...

ACbgynd.png

• 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I’m almost disappointed the wars were so easy. Obviously I’m very happy for the Creek, but I thought the Frisians would be made of sterner stuff. The fact that their entire strategy consisted in running away is highly suspect, and one has to wonder why they insisted upon it considering they proved that they can still beat you. But let’s not look a gift horse in the mouth. Very good session. Feels like it’s no longer a question of how long you’ll survive, but how far you can go.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Glad to see that you won, but I'm concerned that my hometown is still overrun by Frisians. If you could liberate the province of Conoy, I'd be very grateful.

Reactions:
Glad to see that you won, but I'm concerned that my hometown is still overrun by Frisians. If you could liberate the province of Conoy, I'd be very grateful.
I sympathize. Bruce runs mine. If the Creek should ever get the opportunity to scarf down East Texas, I'd be much obliged.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Appreciate it won’t be a priority, but if you fancy adding it to the liberation shopping list then if the Creek could hop over the pond and take Derby then that would be grand.

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
If you think about it, the Creek are the natural rulers of Derby...

• 2Like
Reactions:
Given the sentiments of my fellow readers, I suppose I should count myself fortunate that my own hometown has remained firmly in Creek hands for much of this AAR :)

That being said, the Northeastern Seaboard appears to be quite the patchwork mess. Perhaps some of those borders could do with some cleaning up down the road...

Reactions:
You’re doing exceedingly well!

Reactions:
I think I know why you can't reform. You don't have the dlc's. Probably because you don't have CoP reforming your government is impossible.
Appreciate it won’t be a priority, but if you fancy adding it to the liberation shopping list then if the Creek could hop over the pond and take Derby then that would be grand.
Might be asking for a little much, but Creek Adelaide would be nice :p

• 2Haha
Reactions:
I’m almost disappointed the wars were so easy. Obviously I’m very happy for the Creek, but I thought the Frisians would be made of sterner stuff. The fact that their entire strategy consisted in running away is highly suspect, and one has to wonder why they insisted upon it considering they proved that they can still beat you. But let’s not look a gift horse in the mouth. Very good session. Feels like it’s no longer a question of how long you’ll survive, but how far you can go.
Let's think about it a little...

In universe, the new world is still spectacularly wealthy and prime real estate. However, all the 'print money' places have been gobbled up (the islands, easily held and great for plantations, and central and south amercia literally full of too much gold and silver for the global economy to take).

The actualy North amercian continent is not that valuable, except for fur trapping, trading with the island colonies (basically being supply depots for them, so they can focus on sugar and shit) and penal colonies to dump your undesirables.

Unless and until big cities and ports get going on the coast, there isn't that much there worth fighting for (which is why it took the empires decades to start fighting over it) and the entire west coast is, suprsingly, compeltly unsuitable for building cities on.

So the creeks invading with large armies onto these unteraphormed, relatively valueless colonies isn't much of a concern for any empire, unless their entire foreign wealth is accumulated purely on the continent (and if it is, they probably aren't rich enough to maintain a proper colonial navy and army force).

Basically, as we've seen so far, the creeks will rise, provided that they take the coast back before it gets built up (which is why I'm very nervous about the 13 colonies existing, limited as they are).

After that (if it happens) they are going to have a much harder time fighting off the much more established and built up central amercian colonial nations that have had time to develop, and maybe whoever is in Canada too.

Funnily enough, the whole of the US might be claimed by the creeks, and they'd still spend the next two centuries living in fear of Canada and Mexico, depending on what all three do...

Reactions:
Fb-fb:

Almost disappointed. True. I expected much more of a fight, especially the second time. But I don't know that they have strength even if they hold the tech advantage and their mother country does not seem inclined to assist them (which I understand is part of the latest patch - maybe not a bug, but an issue being discussed.)

Of all of the suggestions, this would be the easiest. Not sure when/if I can, but I shall try.

I sympathize. Bruce runs mine. If the Creek should ever get the opportunity to scarf down East Texas, I'd be much obliged.
Bruce is a whole other kettle of fish which I shall certainly get to when the time comes. Stay tuned.

We're not there yet, but hoping over the pond turns out to be quite difficult in our canoes. Yet we do try. ;)

If you think about it, the Creek are the natural rulers of Derby...
That's what the chief says even though he's never heard of Derby. :D

I think I know why you can't reform. You don't have the dlc's. Probably because you don't have CoP reforming your government is impossible.
That is indeed quite possible but I understand that in early patches of vanilla it was available. May have misread. As I keep teching up, we shall certainly see. There is no longer a"native" tag/button or anything like that and clicking over the council thing does nothing. I could call a great council, but I'm not sure what that does.

Given the sentiments of my fellow readers, I suppose I should count myself fortunate that my own hometown has remained firmly in Creek hands for much of this AAR :)

That being said, the Northeastern Seaboard appears to be quite the patchwork mess. Perhaps some of those borders could do with some cleaning up down the road...
And it is my hope that it will stay so. As for the borders, I start working on a mission coming soon that has to do with that. I'll discuss further when we get there.

You’re doing exceedingly well!
Seems like it, but nothing comes easy even if it looks like it at times.

Might be asking for a little much, but Creek Adelaide would be nice :p
Now you're really pushing it. I can't even get to Europe yet. :p

Let's think about it a little...

In universe, the new world is still spectacularly wealthy and prime real estate. However, all the 'print money' places have been gobbled up (the islands, easily held and great for plantations, and central and south amercia literally full of too much gold and silver for the global economy to take).

The actualy North amercian continent is not that valuable, except for fur trapping, trading with the island colonies (basically being supply depots for them, so they can focus on sugar and shit) and penal colonies to dump your undesirables.

Unless and until big cities and ports get going on the coast, there isn't that much there worth fighting for (which is why it took the empires decades to start fighting over it) and the entire west coast is, suprsingly, compeltly unsuitable for building cities on.

So the creeks invading with large armies onto these unteraphormed, relatively valueless colonies isn't much of a concern for any empire, unless their entire foreign wealth is accumulated purely on the continent (and if it is, they probably aren't rich enough to maintain a proper colonial navy and army force).

Basically, as we've seen so far, the creeks will rise, provided that they take the coast back before it gets built up (which is why I'm very nervous about the 13 colonies existing, limited as they are).

After that (if it happens) they are going to have a much harder time fighting off the much more established and built up central amercian colonial nations that have had time to develop, and maybe whoever is in Canada too.

Funnily enough, the whole of the US might be claimed by the creeks, and they'd still spend the next two centuries living in fear of Canada and Mexico, depending on what all three do...
I have tried to build up my provinces in tax and production base (tobacco trades particularly well) using adm/dip/mil points but that is a double edged sword. The heap great wampum comes at the expense of teching up. I may well have made a mistake in the early game doing that. I am much more judicious now, especially in newer provinces or the ones I take. I have played into the 18th century and I still have this great gnawing worry that one of the big bads will finally pounce. But thus far, no one has (crosses fingers.) By the way, the Brits have pretty much all of Canada formed as part of Newfoundland for most of it. And Mexico is a mixed bag with France, Castile and Portugal dividing the rest that has not yet been taken over. Some of those natives down there have been pretty tough in this game.

Reactions:
I have tried to build up my provinces in tax and production base (tobacco trades particularly well) using adm/dip/mil points but that is a double edged sword. The heap great wampum comes at the expense of teching up. I may well have made a mistake in the early game doing that. I am much more judicious now, especially in newer provinces or the ones I take. I have played into the 18th century and I still have this great gnawing worry that one of the big bads will finally pounce. But thus far, no one has (crosses fingers.) By the way, the Brits have pretty much all of Canada formed as part of Newfoundland for most of it. And Mexico is a mixed bag with France, Castile and Portugal dividing the rest that has not yet been taken over. Some of those natives down there have been pretty tough in this game.
So it is Canada that may well be the huge threat of this campaign, if Mexico is a divided mess of colonial and former colonial states. If a proper empire does really try to squash you, there isn't much to be done.

But if you establish yourself well enough, they will hopefully rule you as a vassal state rather than taking over completely (19th century style rather than 18th).

Indeed, it may come to pass that the British empire rules in North amercia, directly with Canada (and maybe New England) and indirectly through concerns in the Creek.

Reactions:
Of all of the suggestions, this would be the easiest. Not sure when/if I can, but I shall try.

Hell yes. Free Annapolis for its natural rulers and down with the Frisian scum.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
It's beautiful. But you've really got to get caught up in tech and institutions (assuming that's possible at your patch level and without DLC)

Reactions: