• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ozymandious

Colonel
8 Badges
Mar 1, 2018
  • Stellaris
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Magicka
Not a troll post, would it be legal or possible for the fans of BT mp to start a go fund me to buy hbs better mp servers? I do no know if this would be legal as I am not a lawyer but I think the mp community might be willing to do this. I also don't know if the servers are the issue. If anyone from hbs or paradox could chime in on the legality or what all of this I would appreciate it. I know I would be willing to throw money at this to make it better and I bet their are other players who would as well. Please share thoughts and advice. If you know of reasons why this won't work please post them.

I would be willing to pony up some money as well. Though I am not a lawyer and can not speak to the legality of such an effort.

I do recall a comment from our Devs on the HBS legacy forum where the arrival to HBS Studio of the MP Servers was being held up as a waypoint toward Launch...

...ah, yes. There was much multi-player rejoicing that day. : )

What about a “premium” subscription for multiplayer that would:

• Improve server bandwidth
  • Track player stats
  • Provide a ranked rating (Elo)
  • Qualify players for special tournaments with awards like Valhalla status
  • Enjoy skins only available to premium members
Non premium players could still play on the servers but would not enjoy any of the other awards. Also if bandwidth is short a non premium player wouldn’t be able to join a match.

I fear if they charged for those things many would feel betrayed as ranking and player stats at least were in the kickstarter. if I remember correctly. I just wish there was something we could do to help. =( with out knowing if its the servers or the code or something else we cant really start a go fund me to throw money at it.

At the end of the day, this is a business.

There is no profit in multiplayer and therefore it’s highly unlikely that money will not be spent to further multiplayer unless it looks like a return can be made.

The multiplayer was dropped during development for what I believe was lack of money to support it.

The only way to change that is to either accept paying for it ourselves, which is what this thread is proposing, or there needs to be a sudden growth in players interested in multi player.

We heard for months that “In success, all things are possible.” What we didn’t hear was “and it brings a return on investment”

Crowd funded or premium accounts, it doesn’t change who’s paying for it. Anyone who feels betrayed by that now missed the announcement that multiplayer was cut.

Please stop spreading fud.
Just because we currently do not see work being done on multiplayer does not mean it is not being worked on. Also multiplayer was not cut. Significantly scaled back, sure, but not cut.

Timaeus