• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it was one heck of a run, looking forward to the new "version" (even if it's still a ways away).

Ah, a pity to see it end, but the hope for reincarnation lifts my heart. Thank you for providing for our amusement for as long as it lasted. Rest assured I'll never quite look at the Ulm the way I used to. That reminds me. I should make a trip to Ulm before the year is over.

Can we at least expect some more Flagland comics?

This is a fantastic AAR, and I'm sure your next one will be too.

I know the feeling of being unable to complete an AAR quite well by now, and I know how frustrating it can be to not have the motivation for it. Be content in knowing you wrote one of the funniest AARs I have ever seen and will likely see again - until the sequel. :p Well done Svip, and I'm sure we all look forward to your next foray into AARland.

Do one in CK2 until EU4 is released :D

I have been quite moved by the response, following having ending the AAR. As a token of my appreciation, I want to share with you a little treat. A chapter I planned over a year ago, but never got around to finish for reasons you will discover. I sort of consider this the 'lost chapter'.

You will need this YouTube link handy to read the comic. Continuity wise, this chapter falls somewhere in the middle to the end, but otherwise its placement is not important.

part65.png

If you read through my AAR, you will notice that I specifically avoided portraying Siena for this reason. This idea originated when some of you commented that Flagland would never have female characters.

Since I cannot draw females - at least not comfortably - I decided to go the full other direction and have someone else draw them, in a completely different style and in a completely different size relative to the other characters. I find the complete contrast of styles to be hilarious.

The reason this chapter was delayed, was because my initial choice for artist was not possible. And then I essentially forgot about this chapter. But when I looked through my files, after my last post, I discovered this unfinished chapter, and decided that if there was ever a time to finish it, it should be now.

I also attribute the delay in the publication of this chapter to the wound in my motivation to continue the AAR. And this is one of the important lessons I've learnt.

Oh, and don't feel too bad for Ulm. He may yet get lucky with Siena, but I believe Europa Universalis IV will be enough to satisfy any hard broken man. And if not, there is always March of Eagles and East versus West on the way. And that Legacy of Rome DLC, I believe. And what about Project Eternity or Planetary Annihilation? And don't forget A Game of Dwarves and Cities in Motion 2. No, my friends, what man needs Siena with all these games?

Pfft, sex, so 800 BCE.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.