• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to research I've done (and by that I mean spent 5 minutes with Google), annexe is the widely used (and correct!) spelling in the UK, whereas annex is the spelling used in the US.

That means "annexe" is not an archaic spelling as someone said above, simply a different spelling of the same word. Kinda how in the UK, they spell it "colour", because gods know, that "u" is totally necessary there.

According to research I've done (and by that I mean spent 5 minutes with Google), annexe is the widely used (and correct!) spelling in the UK, whereas annex is the spelling used in the US.

That means "annexe" is not an archaic spelling as someone said above, simply a different spelling of the same word. Kinda how in the UK, they spell it "colour", because gods know, that "u" is totally necessary there.

Exactly. There is a reason why I picked up 'annexe' as my preferred spelling up some time ago.

I deman more ba-ba-ba-ba-baaat-man-baaaatman... er ulm actions

Ulm has been hiding in the bushes near Bar all along!

BAR is maybe Ulm's BARtender...

Hey, I use that spelling! :mad:

In British English, Annex = verb, Annexe = noun. So everyone is correct / wrong depending on how you look at it :p

In this case though you'd want to use annex if you're using British or American English!

Well I've lived in the UK my entire life and have never seen the word annexe used except by Svip ....

We spell it ''colour'' because that's how you spell the damn word! :p

Maybe it's Ulmer English? :p

Also, I'll go out on a limb and say that if this game is taken to the end, it'll be the EU III AAR with the most views ever and in the top 2 for the whole forum when all is said and done. The reason for this declaration is that I just noticed that it took Ulm a month to hit six digits. :D

Well I've lived in the UK my entire life and have never seen the word annexe used except by Svip ....

We spell it ''colour'' because that's how you spell the damn word! :p

Aw, come on Tommy. If people are allowed to "transform" German in your current AAR, I'm sure you can allow Ulm to "annexe" his opponents, right? :p

Aw, come on Tommy. If people are allowed to "transform" German in your current AAR, I'm sure you can allow Ulm to "annexe" his opponents, right? :p

Just call it 'integrate' and everybody's happy... ;)

Ulm marches ever on!

Map "ULM" must be looking mighty fine about now.

Status
Not open for further replies.