• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

starwarsfan541

CIA Director of Cold War Iron Curtain
59 Badges
Apr 9, 2010
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
Gloria Regni
Gloria Regni Alpha 0.11

Download Link:
Alpha 0.1.2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqryrtqum7tqm2t/Gloria-Regni 0.1.2.zip?dl=0

Major New Features

Unified Churches in the Early Bookmarks
Schism Mechanics and Liturgical Rites
Redone Patriarch Mechanics especially for Miaphysites
Most of Heretic Pride Integrated and Updated
Alania now has its own proper faith (Ossetian) with flavor
Basque Paganism is flavored
Beja Culture and Playable chars added to East Africa
Egyptian Paganism is playable in CM
IBL Map+ Integrated
Redone Holy Sites for Many Religions
Roman Government Overhaul
1204 Bookmark enhanced quite a bit (and a lot of historical errors fixed)
New Culture Setup in the early bookmarks
Phase 1 of Religious Remapping of Central Asia
Byzantine and Roman Flavor
Decision To Restore the Western Roman Empire
Unique Buildings for Rome and Constantinople
Rebalanced Jizya Taxes
Saqaliba Mercenary Units for Andalusia and Abassids
More Balanced Asturias
Multicultural World Mod Integrated and Adapted to new cultures (More Cultural Event Changes coming in the next few releases)
Apostasy System
Dynamic Silk Road Missionary System
Immigration and Native Conscription Decisions added for the Crusader States
Historical Latin Empire Holy Order added
Order of St Lazarus Added for the Kingdom of Jerusalem
Aramaic Cultural Group (Including a decision to restore the Assyrian Empire)
and more i probably forgot to mention

Reporting Errors
Report them either in this thread or in the public discord channel for the mod below:
discord.gg/78Qh2jV

The main error im aware of atm is that I am going to assume i probably missed localizing some events (I've been localizing alot of them the last week) but i probably still missed some, if anything isnt localized or has missing graphics please post it and I will quickly fix it

Discord Link
https://discord.gg/SP7vgC2

The goal of this mod is fairly straightforward, add lots more flavor to various religions.

As of the older Pre 0.1 Alpha releases
Over 70 new Hellenic Events
Reworked Judaism and Zoroastrian Religions
Next Update has Reworked Roman Mechanics and Chalcendonian Mechanics

I do read suggestions and implement many of them so please ask for stuff and request things

Modding Team
starwarsfan541 (Head)
christopher0936 (Graphics and Coding)
Tom5667 (Coder)
Fritzofgermania (Coder)
DarthCloakedGuy (Graphics)
ImperiumV (Researcher)
TomtheMedic (Researcher)
kbernges (Idea Person/ Bug Tester)
Lunarwolf (Idea Person/ Researcher)

Contriubtors
Omega
Zarathustra
DingoWalley

If you want to join or suggest things please post comments

Credits
Maestro Ugo for the original Zoroastrian Mod
Patriot1776 Monotheism Rising/ ExIs Jewish Stuff among other things
The Quick Questions Modding Thread
Damarrocarion for providing so much help and Sogdian files and eventually adding his bookmark mod
The New Cultures Thread for names for Sogdians, Assyrians and many many more
CK2+ Cultural Stuff and Great Mod to look at it for learning how to script
Thanks to everyone who gave suggestions in the old two threads as well
Athas65 for Hebrew Translation
DC123456789 for help with scripting
Yenot for culture help (especially with Persian culture names)
iron0037 for Manichaen Pecheneg Minimod (Used to implement Tanistry succession for Pechenegs)
yclept for Status of Women Mod
Sol17 For Armenia + Mod
Lumberking for Schism and Heresies Mod
Secretfire
AlexJG for the Jewish Plans
Romulen for Targetted Decisions instructions
WTWSMS mod for migration CB
JonathanCrow: Patron Deity Mod
TheStormWeaver and co: Ancient Religions Reborn
Pfried: Generational Inbreeding Mod
Elvain: Ibn Battuah Legacy Map +
Project Augustus Team
HIP/ CKII+
Fishman786 Multicultural World Mod
Commune of Rome Mod Team
Warhammer Mod Team
Talvos for Map Assets and Map Mod

Verin_Sedai: Heretic Pride
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/mod-heretic-pride.852226/

Omega and rest of the PA Team

also see PA Thread for more

If I missed giving you/integrated mod credit please let me know, I try hard to remember but when adding a bunch of things I may forget.

Beta Testers
tsf4
Zohtun

General Note, this mod generally does require most of the recent non graphics dlc.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Current Plans​
Renaming of Duchies.

Events

Restore Jerusalem
Secure Jerusalem
Kabbalah Ambition

Long term goals will be an adventure event chain on the reclamation of Solomon's crown.

EDIT: I would like to comment on HIP compatibility. Their project is designed around being historically accurate to the smallest detail. It's an admirable goal and I wish them luck on it. However, our goal with MR:ERCE is to be ahistorical and doing what ifs. This goal is the complete opposite of what they're attempting to do. Now, our mod uses separate namespaces with starwarsfan's part being namespaced as MZ and my part is ExIs. In theory it should be compatible, but starwarsfan and I make no guarantee that MR:ERCE will work with HIP. We have no intention of making it work.

2nd EDIT: I received a PM about my use of the word "goyim" and how I should be careful in using it. Yes, I know that the word can be derogatory towards non-Jews, but it is also not derogatory as well. When I use the word "goyim" I am using it in the non-derogatory sense. I am a goyim/non-Jew and will continue to use the word in my posts as non-derogatory.

In the .2 release, I added minor titles that are specific to Jewish characters while removing the generic ones that come in vanilla CK2.

The minor titles are Alluph, Navi, Shofet, Tehillim, and Adrichal.

Version 4 with Hot fixes

Last edited:
Reactions:
Reserved for Links/ Updates/Plans

New Plans:
Redrawn East Africa (Province map is done, map extension done, positions wip, terrain mostly done just need to fix a few minor areas)
Mahayana Buddhism (Added in but needs flavor etc, as well as making buddhist mongols in history Mahayana)
Tarim Basin
More Pagan Religions
Shiite Revamp

Last edited:
Hmm, makes sense that jews would not be banishing Zoros, I seem to remember the hebrew bible speaking very positively of Cyrus the Great, even naming him a Messiah.
Also this mod, just what ck2 needed, flavour for under-flavoured religions!
Btw the way have you guys thought about adding the "Bad Copt, Good Copt" mod? It adds flavour for Miaphysitism.

Reactions:
Hmm, makes sense that jews would not be banishing Zoros, I seem to remember the hebrew bible speaking very positively of Cyrus the Great, even naming him a Messiah.
Also this mod, just what ck2 needed, flavour for under-flavoured religions!
Btw the way have you guys thought about adding the "Bad Copt, Good Copt" mod? It adds flavour for Miaphysitism.

Good idea, I will talk to Patriot about it and ask the creator of the Copt mod.

Last edited:
Starwarsfan541, does this release have that "purified" Persian culture that you mentioned in the mazdayazna Zarathushtrish thread or is that still being planned?

Starwarsfan541, does this release have that "purified" Persian culture that you mentioned in the mazdayazna Zarathushtrish thread or is that still being planned?

Still planned as I need a name.

If someone can get me a name I am all for it. It wont exist at the start, but would develop after a Zoroastrian launches a cultural renaissance

Maybe Pahlavi after the middle persian language? that's what the cultural renaissance would be emulating right, Sassanian Persia?

A playable Sassanid? Tell me more.

So will the persian culture be divided up? recall azeri being mentioned and the is blauchi and afghan is already in so maybe khiva should be between parthian (yes I know this isn't an actual culture but since the iranian platue is separate from khiva geographically and it was as far as I know they had greater interactions with nomads and had more nomads) and samarkand (t'was the connection with the silk road and I recall it developed a unique culture)

Maybe Pahlavi after the middle persian language? that's what the cultural renaissance would be emulating right, Sassanian Persia?

Yes, that makes some sense. Thanks.

A playable Sassanid? Tell me more.
The Persian Governate is located in Zaranj, and governed by a Sassanid. Its a hard start, I tried it last night, was really fun. Converting the Zunbils is worth it if you can get them to convert early.

So will the persian culture be divided up? recall azeri being mentioned and the is blauchi and afghan is already in so maybe khiva should be between parthian (yes I know this isn't an actual culture but since the iranian platue is separate from khiva geographically and it was as far as I know they had greater interactions with nomads and had more nomads) and samarkand (t'was the connection with the silk road and I recall it developed a unique culture)

I will probably keep the group, the Samarkand region is Sogdian in the start, Azeri is planned as a cultural melting pot between Arab/Persian and Turkish/Persian.

For another culture in the Samarkand area for a melting pot post 900 any ideas for names etc, I will definitely consider it.

EDIT: debating whether or not Azeri's should just be present in the CM start or to make it a melting pot event chain.

Last edited:
Is this already or are there plans to make it compatible with HIP?

Reactions:
Is this already or are there plans to make it compatible with HIP?

I dont use HIP and if I remember correctly, I am not a fan of HIP's map (could be thinking of the wrong mod). Currently the plan is to continue adding content and integrating other mods.

I dont use HIP and if I remember correctly, I am not a fan of HIP's map (could be thinking of the wrong mod). Currently the plan is to continue adding content and integrating other mods.

So would that be a no on probable compatibility? I have some problems with the HIP map myself, namely the huge amounts of provinces they use. However in it Athens is a city, and that allows for a merchant republic Athens, so I'm forced to use it :D.

So would that be a no on probable compatibility? I have some problems with the HIP map myself, namely the huge amounts of provinces they use. However in it Athens is a city, and that allows for a merchant republic Athens, so I'm forced to use it :D.

Ah, I can add that for you if you wish, I already change the map slightly

Has the Sassanid it own unique coat of arms? :)

It has a unique flag didnt do the COA yet.

Ah, I can add that for you if you wish, I already change the map slightly

It has a unique flag didnt do the COA yet.

Thanks a ton for that, I know its incredibly minor but it's just something I can't live without.

Thanks a ton for that, I know its incredibly minor but it's just something I can't live without.

Its pretty easy to change, I think I added it, let me check it

Do you need it to be the primary holding?