Global Build-Off: AIRPORT Edition Pre-Qualifiers Voting Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SimNationJan

Second Lieutenant
Community Ambassador
68 Badges
Dec 15, 2020
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Cities in Motion
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines
CSGlobalBuildoff_ForumBanner_1920x300 Voting Thread.png

You all create such amazing cities! We're super stoked about the submissions we've received & want to thank everyone that entered the Global Build-Off Airport Edition Pre-Qualifiers!
Due to the number of submissions, we had our expert panel pick their top 20 submissions for everyone to vote on! Watch below and pick your top 3 submissions!

VOTING INFORMATION
  • You can vote for 3 submissions!
  • Voting is open from March 24th, 7pm CET - March 27th, 7pm CET
CLARIFICATION

Hello all, I feel some clarification is needed. We will be doing voting in batches of 20. So if your favourite submissions were not on this list, they will still be coming up.

SUBMISSIONS

1test.gif

test2.gif

test3.gif

test4.gif

ROUND ONE WINNER WAS: SupremeFlagshipMusashi

SupremeFlagshipMusashi.png

ROUND TWO WINNER WAS: Teddy Radko

teddyradko.png

ROUND THREE WINNER WAS: Quboid

Quboid.png

ROUND FOUR WINNER WAS: Slay3k

Slay3k.png

Last edited:
  • 10Like
Reactions:
the best 4 pre qualifiers imo were clearly Quboid, Jaqrel, Sully Skylines and Teddy Radko, and none of them even got picked lol. yet so many vanilla cities did? lol judges wtf. only one i particular am fond of is romine24.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Tbh it is completely fine for my submission not to be selected, coz I just want to share some pictures of my city with this opportunity.
But I don't understand why the submissions with multiple screenshots (more than three) were selected.
It is quite unfair for the participants who only uploaded three screenshots, coz they could have had more beautiful and stunning views to share!

• 2Like
Reactions:
The game developers likely know better than us random people. I was a little proud that I was the only submission (that I saw) with tabs up and no mods. Legit playing the role of mayor, without cheats. Not too shabby for console

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
The game developers likely know better than us random people. I was a little proud that I was the only submission (that I saw) with tabs up and no mods. Legit playing the role of mayor, without cheats. Not to shabby for console
It’s okay everyone, the government knows best, follow them blindly despite the fact yesterday they said each of us would have a chance to run for government, but there were so many candidates that a panel choose a few of them for us! So smart.

there you go, I connected your claim to something that would upset a lot of people irl. At the end of the day, they said we would all have a chance to run in these pre qualifiers, than lied to our faces, and won’t even tell us who the panel of judges were

The game developers likely know better than us random people I was a little proud that I was the only submission (that I saw) with tabs up and no mods Legit playing the role of mayor, without cheats. Not to shabby for console
It’s okay everyone, the government knows best, follow them blindly despite the fact yesterday they said each of us would have a chance to run for government, but there were so many candidates that a panel choose a few of them for us! So smart.

there you go, I connected your claim to something that would upset a lot of people irl. At the end of the day, they said we would all have a chance to run in these pre qualifiers, than lied to our faces, and won’t even tell us who the panel of judges were
You seem very bitter over this imaginary city. Nothing to do with real life government because this is pretend. If stuff involving this game seems so unfair, you could just... Not play? It's just a fun contest, if you didn't make the cut then it's not the end of the world. You can always try again next year, I believe in you fella.

Reactions:
The game developers likely know better than us random people I was a little proud that I was the only submission (that I saw) with tabs up and no mods Legit playing the role of mayor, without cheats. Not to shabby for console

You seem very bitter over this imaginary city. Nothing to do with real life government because this is pretend. If stuff involving this game seems so unfair, you could just... Not play? It's just a fun contest, if you didn't make the cut then it's not the end of the world
You are right, this is far from the end of the world.

but it is still a competition that we were promised equal ability to participate, that’s what I’m passionate about. I probably wouldn’t have won anyways, but it’s the principle.

• 1Like
Reactions:

You seem very bitter over this imaginary city. Nothing to do with real life government because this is pretend. If stuff involving this game seems so unfair, you could just... Not play? It's just a fun contest, if you didn't make the cut then it's not the end of the world. You can always try again next year, I believe in you fella.
Also you seem to have completely missed my example, I know this is imaginary and not a real city, it’s crazy, it’s in my PC! But it’s the same principle, you feel that the developers “know best” and we should just blindly follow them into this contest because it’s fun? This is not a fun contest since, well, most submissions never made it to this final vote, and those should face all the other submissions aswell, not the select few of a panel of judges. Also, not playing is not always the solution hahaha

• 1Like
Reactions:
You are right, this is far from the end of the world.

but it is still a competition that we were promised equal ability to participate, that’s what I’m passionate about. I probably wouldn’t have won anyways, but it’s the principle.
Just out of the gate, that some people are on PC literally designing a small world with limitless mods and building designs, while ppl in the same comp are on 9 tile no mod... If you thought this was an even comp you're choosing to fool yourself

Just out of the gate, that some people are on PC literally designing a small world with limitless mods and building designs, while ppl in the same comp are on 9 tile no mod... If you thought this was an even comp you're choosing to fool yourself
This was announced an even chance to be voted on, the rules clearly stated mods or no mods. It should be an equal chance for everyone to vote in the cities and choose, this competition did not state “mods only” or “unmodded only”

Also you seem to have completely missed my example, I know this is imaginary and not a real city, it’s crazy, it’s in my PC! But it’s the same principle, you feel that the developers “know best” and we should just blindly follow them into this contest because it’s fun? This is not a fun contest since, well, most submissions never made it to this final vote, and those should face all the other submissions aswell, not the select few of a panel of judges. Also, not playing is not always the solution hahaha
It's a terrible example because politicians are ransoms who hope to get support. Developers are trained and experts in the design process you are trying to achieve. A politician needs my support. The devs are experts whether I agree with them or not. A good example is you trying to explain to the rock about how he's doing his wrestling wrong and you know he should listen to how you tell him to do it.

Reactions:

All submissions will be put up for a community vote between March 24th and March 27th. The highest voted 3 submissions will see their participants entered in the Global Build-Off: Airports Edition.

It's a terrible example because politicians are ransoms who hope to get support. Developers are trained and experts in the design process you are trying to achieve. A politician needs my support. The devs are experts whether I agree with them or not. A good example is you trying to explain to the rock about how he's doing his wrestling wrong and you know he should listen to how you tell him to do it.
No, I didn’t use “politicans” as an example, if you actually read it, I stated the government says we will all have a chance to run for position, than, a panel of “experts” chooses a few that they feel are best.

here, the developers (your experts) have decided to not follow their own rules (keep in mind they were experts at that time too if you think they are now) and choose a select few who they feel are best. After telling us we would all have the chance to run

No, I didn’t use “politicans” as an example, if you actually read it, I stated the government says we will all have a chance to run for position, than, a panel of “experts” chooses a few that they feel are best.

here, the developers (your experts) have decided to not follow their own rules (keep in mind they were experts at that time too if you think they are now) and choose a select few who they feel are best. After telling us we would all have the chance to rr

here, the developers (your experts) have decided to not follow their own rules (keep in mind they were experts at that time too if you think they are now) and choose a select few who they feel are best. After telling us we would all have the chance to run
The reality is they gifted you a platform to have real developers take a look at your city. It's kinda stupid to ask their opinions, then go on about how the answer is not fair. If you didn't trust their judgement then don't ask. Also for your anology to work you would be the politician. You offerered your way of doing things, didn't get voted in and now are in their forum telling them they voted wrong. Refusing to accept that the 20 are just better than yours is not a great way to go

Last edited:
I work in a bureaucracy, this stuff happens all the time at work - rules are supposed to be set in stone but the rulemakers always find a way to change them if they deem it necessary. I was hoping for a more egalitarian feeling in my engagement in a hobby in my free time, but whaddya gonna do :shrug:

I just want to say good luck to those who made it, may the best city win .

Status
Not open for further replies.