• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey everyone!

We're still collecting information about the issue with claiming Green Cities for free on Xbox One, so we can solve it for you as soon as possible.

If you encounter this problem, could you please confirm if you purchased Cities: Skylines base game on your Xbox account or you added it via Xbox Game Pass? Also add any other details that you think might be relevant.

Thank you for all the replies and your patience!
Digital version (not Game Pass) and Ultimate.

• 1Like
Reactions:
A686E633-661B-4084-8C0C-4F82C561CB77.png

Still showing you have too pay on xbox one ?????

In Spain having Xbox Game Pass Ultímate still appears at a discount but not free. I've had it for some time but I have a friend who having Xbox Game Pass Ultímate also doesn't show up for free, just at a discount. Thank you and a greeting to all. It is true that xbox live is experiencing problems, we have patience.

Last edited:
Hey City Builders! We mentioned before that we also have something planned for our console players ;) All the details can be found below! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post them in this thread.

Green Cities console giveaway FAQ

1. Which DLC can I get for free?

With this offer, you can get Cities: Skylines Green Cities DLC for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

2. How long is this offer running for?
  • Xbox: May 21st 0:01am UTC - May 28th 23:59pm UTC
  • PlayStation Europe: May 21st 0:01am your local time - May 28th 23:59pm your local time
  • PlayStation America: May 21st 8:01am PT - May 28th 7:59am PT
  • PlayStation Asia*: May 21st 11:01am SST (Singapore Standard Time) - May 28th 10:59am SST.
3. How can I redeem the DLC on my console?

If you’re using PlayStation 4:
  • Make sure you’re logged into your PlayStation account with Cities: Skylines base game.
  • Go to the PlayStation Store tab.
  • Search for ‘Green Cities’ or ‘Cities: Skylines - Green Cities’ and go to the add-on page.
  • Click ‘Download’
If you’re using Xbox One:
  • Make sure you’re logged into your Xbox account with Cities: Skylines base game.
  • Go to the Store tab.
  • Search for ‘Green Cities’ or ‘Cities: Skylines - Green Cities’ and go to the add-on page.
  • Click ‘Get’.
You can also claim Green Cities DLC using PlayStation Store and Microsoft Store websites.still have to pay in Australia for xbox

4. Are there any extra steps I need to take in order to redeem Green Cities on Xbox One or PlayStation 4?

Just go to your console store and claim the DLC - simple as that! :) If you would like to be informed about our special offers in the future, you can subscribe to our newsletter here.

5. Do I need to be a PS+ or Xbox Live Gold member to receive the DLC for free or to play it?

No.

6. Do I need to own the base game to play the DLC?

Yes, you need to own Cities: Skylines base game on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One to be able to use the DLC content.

7. I own the game on PC, can I still get the Green Cities DLC?

No, this promotion is available only for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players.

8. I already bought this DLC, can I get a refund? Or another DLC for free?

No, it's not possible.

*PlayStation Asia includes the following territories: Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand.
Not free on xbox one

Happy for those who doesn't have Green Cities.
Sad for those who bought recently, like me.
How can I trust buying new DLC's now ?
Honestly, I'm a bit annoyed at this also. I don't want to be, but I am. I always felt I was supporting this publisher by buying DLC. All the DLC has been worthy & I've really enjoyed them. Always the same though, entice new customers with freebies & ignore loyal ones...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey City Builders! We mentioned before that we also have something planned for our console players ;) All the details can be found below! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post them in this thread.

Green Cities console giveaway FAQ

1. Which DLC can I get for free?

With this offer, you can get Cities: Skylines Green Cities DLC for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

2. How long is this offer running for?
  • Xbox: May 21st 0:01am UTC - May 28th 23:59pm UTC
  • PlayStation Europe: May 21st 0:01am your local time - May 28th 23:59pm your local time
  • PlayStation America: May 21st 8:01am PT - May 28th 7:59am PT
  • PlayStation Asia*: May 21st 11:01am SST (Singapore Standard Time) - May 28th 10:59am SST.
3. How can I redeem the DLC on my console?

If you’re using PlayStation 4:
  • Make sure you’re logged into your PlayStation account with Cities: Skylines base game.
  • Go to the PlayStation Store tab.
  • Click ‘Download’
If you’re using Xbox One:
  • Make sure you’re logged into your Xbox account with Cities: Skylines base game.
  • Go to the Store tab.
  • Click ‘Get’.
You can also claim Green Cities DLC using PlayStation Store and Microsoft Store websites.

4. Are there any extra steps I need to take in order to redeem Green Cities on Xbox One or PlayStation 4?

Just go to your console store and claim the DLC - simple as that! :) If you would like to be informed about our special offers in the future, you can subscribe to our newsletter here.

5. Do I need to be a PS+ or Xbox Live Gold member to receive the DLC for free or to play it?

No.

6. Do I need to own the base game to play the DLC?

Yes, you need to own Cities: Skylines base game on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One to be able to use the DLC content.

7. I own the game on PC, can I still get the Green Cities DLC?

No, this promotion is available only for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players.

8. I already bought this DLC, can I get a refund? Or another DLC for free?

No, it's not possible.

*PlayStation Asia includes the following territories: Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand.

We would appreciate some comment from the development team or some information on how the solution is going. Everything is silent on the part of Paradox that I'm sure they'll be working hard. But if I'd appreciate any comments. Greetings.

• 8Like
Reactions: