• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
am I missing something on the PS4 side of things? It says I've "purchased" the game, but I can't figure out how to actually download it? My main menu still says the only expansions packs installed are After Dark and Match Day. If I hit "Triangle" to try to go to the store, it says "this content cannot be selected at this time."

I own the game digitally for Xbox One, but I also have an active Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Subscription, and it's only showing the discount from Xbox Game Pass, it doesn't show that it's free. I think you guys messed this up.

EDIT:The reason it shows that I have the Green Cities DLC on my profile here is because I already own it on Steam. But I don't own it yet on Xbox One

EDIT 2:

Screenshots of the store pages for the base game and the Green Cities DLC:
00city1.png

00city2.png

FINAL EDIT:

Apparently it doesn't go free for just over another hour.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I own the game digitally for Xbox One, but I also have an active Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Subscription, and it's only showing the discount from Xbox Game Pass, it doesn't show that it's free. I think you guys messed this up.

EDIT:The reason it shows that I have the Green Cities DLC on my profile here is because I already own it on Steam. But I don't own it yet on Xbox One

EDIT 2:

Screenshots of the store pages for the base game and the Green Cities DLC:
View attachment 580529
View attachment 580530

FINAL EDIT:

Apparently it doesn't go free for just over another hour.
How do you know that it goes free in just over an hour?

I just checked and it's still only showing the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate discount, and it's not showing up as free even though I own a digital copy of the game for Xbox One. Also, I think I was wrong about the timing, if it started at 0:01 UTC on the 21st for Xbox One, then it should've been free for 24 hours already. It doesn't seem to be free for anyone else I've talked to, I really want this DLC for free.

Hey everyone!

We're still collecting information about the issue with claiming Green Cities for free on Xbox One, so we can solve it for you as soon as possible.

If you encounter this problem, could you please confirm if you purchased Cities: Skylines base game on your Xbox account or you added it via Xbox Game Pass? Also add any other details that you think might be relevant.

Thank you for all the replies and your patience!

• 3Like
Reactions:
I have the base game on my account and NOT by the game pass, and i have checked via the game and MS store on my laptop and its still showing as a cost. I have the base game, Park like DLC as well. I'm in the UK as well

Last edited:
I am also having difficulty claiming for free in UK, I purchased the game on disc so it is not from the game pass, however I have recently purchased the game pass for my xbox account but it still only shows the game pass discount for green cities

Hey everyone!

We're still collecting information about the issue with claiming Green Cities for free on Xbox One, so we can solve it for you as soon as possible.

If you encounter this problem, could you please confirm if you purchased Cities: Skylines base game on your Xbox account or you added it via Xbox Game Pass? Also add any other details that you think might be relevant.

Thank you for all the replies and your patience!
I own a digital copy of the base game, and I have an active Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription. It only shows the Game Pass discount for me.

Screenshot of the base game's store page:
00city1.png

Screenshot of the DLC's store page:
00city2.png

I have the XBox Game Pass Ultimate and it is also only showing the DLC for purchase. To clarify I do not "own" the base game on xbox but got it with Game Pass Ultimate, I should still be able to get this correct? once it can be gotten at least.