- Jul 26, 2015
"Give 'Em the Ol' Basel Razzle-Dazzle"
A Habsburg After-Action Report
by Green Rice
Hello and welcome to my first-ever After-Action Report! My name is Green Rice and I'm excited to share this story with you!
Please feel free to leave constructive feedback so I can improve your reading experience.
I'll mainly be looking for what details I'm glossing over that you want to see, and what you consider information overload.
I actually didn't start this game with the intent of doing an AAR, but I was having so much fun that I wanted to immortalize it. So I apologize in advance for the lack of detail and screenshots for the first few chapters. I don't have as many save files as I would like to go back and get screenshots
Okay, with the disclaimers out of the way, let me give you the overview of this campaign:
Starting Character/Date: Werner von Habsburg, Count of Basel and Baron of Habsburg. 15 September 1066.
Game Rules: Exclave Independence set to Harsh, De Jure Requirement set to Required, Absurd Events Off (I know, burn me at the stake, but it's just my preference, I don't dislike anyone who actively seeks out Glitterhoof. It's just not my cup of tea), Supernatural Events On, Historical Epidemics/Events, Border Dispute Wars Off (for extra challenge), Custom Realms Off.
DLC: All expansions minus Rajas of India, The Republic, and Sunset Invasion.
- Community Patch
- Better Looking Garbs
- Visible Health/Fertility
- In Heaven's Graphic Overhaul Lite (and Font)
- Better Council Scaling
- Councillor XP
- Favor: Impossible Invitation Warning
- Less Random Deadly Duels
- Improved Genetics 2.0
- Rich Childhood
- Homemade mod that improves compatibility between the previous two mods and tweaks the AI decision-making process when it comes to trait interventions. (e.g., if a kid wants to become Wroth from Brooding, and the tutor is Temperate and gets the intervention event but the tutor is also Wroth himself/herself, the tutor will lean towards letting the kid be Wroth). I had dreams to flesh out that mod to a super-intelligent guardian-matching system, but I ran into technical difficulties. Any experienced event modders in the audience who would be interested in lending a hand, PM me!
3 Primary Goals of the Campaign:
- At minimum, gain the titles most commonly attributed to the Habsburg dynasty: Austria, Hungary, Bohemia, and of course, the Holy Roman Empire
- Move capital to Wien/Vienna
- Obtain the Iron Crown of Lombardy
The Table of Contents below is just for show. New chapters will be threadmarked.
Table of Contents:
Chapter 1: Werner Gets Hungry for Hungary
Chapter 2: Maladies, Mirth, and Mishaps
Chapter 3: Polish Politics and Problems of Posterity
Chapter 4: Franche-Comté Chainsaw Massacre (sans Chainsaw)
Chapter 5: Devil's Due
Chapter 6: Habsburg Hungary Pans Out, but Premyslid Poland Perpetuates Problems
Chapter 7: The Wars of Amalie and Adelbero
Chapter 8: Bohemian Rhapsody
Chapter 9: Simon Enrolls in the Electoral College
Chapter 10: Babes and Bank Accounts
Chapter 11: Movin' On Up (Through the Line of Succession)
Chapter 12: Quid Pope Quo
Chapter 13: Omnes Laudate Regem
Chapter 14: Victors, Voters, Vexers, and Victims
Chapter 15: Whack-a-Rebel
Chapter 16: Fishy Situations
Chapter 17: The Best Laid Plans
Chapter 18: Kaiserschaft