• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I missed this update, great work as always.

About Sticht: This indeed stands for the (prince-)bishop of Utrecht. The coa of the bishopric changed with every new bishop. the CoA was quartered with the coa you show and the perconal coa of the bishop

Sticht = Diocees

Since there was only one bishop (at the beginning he was even a archbishop) in the northern low countries in the middle ages, his diocees was refered to as 'the diocees' ('t Sticht).

In the 11th century the bishop of Sticht/Utrecht was the most important church and secular ruler in the Netherlands. By various emperors it had been given the authority over almost the entire north-sea coast. Most counts in the Netherlands (like Holland f.e.) were vassals of the bishop.

MRAKoris said:
Gigay, that's awesome, more than awesome, it's awesomest awesomness I've ever seen:)

Backgrounds are especially nice!

*blushes* Thanks a lot.

Veldmaarschalk said:
I missed this update, great work as always.

About Sticht: This indeed stands for the (prince-)bishop of Utrecht. The coa of the bishopric changed with every new bishop. the CoA was quartered with the coa you show and the perconal coa of the bishop

Sticht = Diocees

Since there was only one bishop (at the beginning he was even a archbishop) in the northern low countries in the middle ages, his diocees was refered to as 'the diocees' ('t Sticht).

In the 11th century the bishop of Sticht/Utrecht was the most important church and secular ruler in the Netherlands. By various emperors it had been given the authority over almost the entire north-sea coast. Most counts in the Netherlands (like Holland f.e.) were vassals of the bishop.

Thanks for all these details. I understand more why i had problems finding a CoA then :p
If it was quartered as you said, then i guess i'll leave it this way. Unless you got a better CoA...

I like this one, the one they use in EUIII is the one used by emperor Charles V, it is the coa of Holland and Utrecht/Sticht quartered)

What you could do, is put the coa of the city of Utrecht (the original coa in the game) in the middle, where you now have a white shield

Veldmaarschalk said:
I like this one, the one they use in EUIII is the one used by emperor Charles V, it is the coa of Holland and Utrecht/Sticht quartered)

What you could do, is put the coa of the city of Utrecht (the original coa in the game) in the middle, where you now have a white shield

Great idea, thanks a lot

Gigau's UpdatePack5

Important : These CoA have been added to the Europe CoA metal pack, but i have put them also in an "UpdatePack4" for those who already have downloaded previous COA.

In this new pack, i've continued the work of the previous one. Went from C237 to C400, with appending duchies, that is 187 new CoA. This comprises a great deal of Germany, Scandinavia, north of Italy, the Baltic states and the northern tip of Russia.

coa79od6.jpg

> Duchy of Apulia
> Duchy of Calabria
> Duchy of Campania
> Duchy of Marche d'Ancona
> Duchy of Spoleto
> Duchy of Romagna (Parma, Modena, Bologna, Ferrara, and Ravenna on top)

coa80sq8.jpg

> Duchy of Tuscany (the bule circle with lys was granted by France only much later)
> Duchy (and county) of Veneto
> Kingdom of Venice
> Duchy of Verona
> Duchy of Sardinia
> Duchy of Tirol (quarter of counties of Tirol and of Trento)

coa81fq7.jpg

> Duchy of Bohemia (single tail)
> Kingdom of Bohemia (double tail)
> Duchy of Brandenburg
> Duchy of Meissen
> Duchy of Pommerania (quarter of Werle, Wolgast, Stettin and Slupsk)
> Duchy of Schwyz (actual CoA until XVth century)

coa82rh8.jpg

> Duchy of Sjaelland
> Duchy of Skane
> Duchy of Ostergotland
> Duchy of Vastergotland
> Duchy of Uppland
> Duchy of Trondelag

coa83rs7.jpg

> Duchy of Smaland
> Duchy of Bergenshus
> Duchy of Norrland
> Duchy of of Gotland
> Duchy of Courland
> Duchy of Esthonia

coa84fr3.jpg

> Duchy of Livonia (coa of a kingdom of Livonia)
> Duchy of Karelia
> Duchy of Samotigia
> Duchy of Duchy of Bjarmia (coa of Archangelsk)
> Duchy of Hlynov (coa of Kirov)
> Duchy of Ural

coa85co7.jpg

> Reworked county of Utrecht (Sticht)
> County of Brandenburg (coa of Berlin)
> Parma - C321
Code:
The first arms of Parma city, showed a little black bull on a red field, an homage to the podestà Torello da Strada,
whose name meant "little bull". This gentleman, coming from Pavia, had the new Commune Palace built, and the Parmesans
adopted his arms as a symbol of strength, freedom and independence.
After the 12th February 1248, the motto HOSTIS TURBETUR QUIA PARMAM VIRGO TUETUR ("May the foes tremble because the Virgin
supports Parma"), referring to historic victory of Parmesans on the army of Emperor Frederick the II, who had besieged the
town for 232 days. During the 13th century the bloody struggle between the Guelph and Ghibelline parties caused numerous
victims, and on Christmas day 1264 Parma was terrified by every kind of violence and arsons. After this event in 1266 the
tailor Giovanni Barisello, recruited 500 people from the Guelph party and restored the peace in the town, threatening of
death all the Ghibellines not swearing loyalty to the Pope. This company was named "Società dei Crociati" (The Crusaders'
Society), and for some years it was the most powerful party in Parma. His arms showed an azure cross on a golden shield 
(ancient arms donated by the pope Silvestro I) approved by Charles d'Anjou.
In the 14th century the primitive bull was coming alongside with the Crusaders' Society arms, and was finally completely
replaced by it.
> Oberbayern - C360
Code:
Almost two decades later in 1175 Munich was officially granted city status and received fortification. In 1180, with
the trial of Henry the Lion, Otto I Wittelsbach became Duke of Bavaria and Munich was handed over to the bishop of Freising.
Otto's heirs, the Wittelsbach dynasty would rule Bavaria until 1918. In 1240 Munich itself was transferred to Otto II Wittelsbach and in 1255, when the dukedom of Bavaria was split in two, Munich became the ducal residence of Upper
Bavaria.
> Niederbayern - C361
Code:
After the fall of the Roman Empire Straubing became a center of settlement of the Bavarii, mostly around the church
St. Peter (built in the 9th century) between Allachbach and Danube. According to the customs of the Bavarii the settlement
was named after their leader Strupinga, which later evolved into the name Straubing.
1218 a new part of the city (called 'new town') was founded by Louis I Wittelsbach, Duke of Bavaria. Straubing became the
capital of Bavaria-Straubing under the dukes of Bavaria-Straubing-Holland under Duke William I when Bavaria was divided among
the sons of Louis IV, Holy Roman Emperor in 1349. In 1429 Straubing passed to Ernest, Duke of Bavaria-Munich, who ordered to murder Agnes Bernauer in Straubing. The grave of Agnes Bernauer can't be found. But in the graveyard of St. Peter church is
a chapel buildt by Duke Ernest.

coa86ia5.jpg

> County of Brescia
> County of Aquileia
Code:
In 1077, King and Emperor Henry IV nominated the Patriarch of Aquileia a state prince, and in this way his territory
became a dukedom, in fact a small independent state. The ecclesiastical authority of Patriarch extended, however, over
a much greater territory, in which he owned also numerous properties and castles.
The original arms showed only a double cross, derived from Lorraine, but in the baroque period the arms were changed to
the above cross
> County of Gdansk (Danzig) - C368
Code:
The oldest seal of Gdansk dates from the 13th century and only showed St. Mary. The seal read Sigillu antique
civitatis Gdasz. On a seal known since 1299 the town is called Danzikh, and the seal shows a Kogge (typical ship of the
Hanseatic League). Again a later seal, from the middle of the 14th century, shows St. Catherine, standing over a tyrant.
The crosses first appear on a small seal from 1402. The crosses are not separate, but joined together. The first Polish
seal, from the end of the 15th century, shows St. Bartholomeus, not the crosses. At the same time two small seals are used,
which still show the ship. On one of these a small shield with the two crosses is seen. From around 1460 the crosses are
present on most seals. Ever since the crosses have been part of the arms of the city.
> County of Sambia - C371
Code:
Coat of Arms of Altstadt (Old town) of Königsberg, 1286
> County of Viborg
> County of Keksholm (Kakisalmi, Priozersk) - C392
Code:
the 16th century seal of Keksholm showed a crown above a city wall or fortress

Last edited:
Excellent work !

A question about this

> Duchy of Livonia (coa of a kingdom of Livonia)

Do you mean it is based on a kingdom of Livonia you made ? Or on a historical kingdom of Livonia ? If so, then do you have some more information about this kingdom or where this coa comes from ?

I couldn't find it on Heraldique Europenie

Veldmaarschalk said:
Excellent work !

A question about this

Do you mean it is based on a kingdom of Livonia you made ? Or on a historical kingdom of Livonia ? If so, then do you have some more information about this kingdom or where this coa comes from ?

I couldn't find it on Heraldique Europenie

It is based on an historical kingdom of Livonia, which, to be honest, was outside the CK timeframe (source) :

Code:
The Kingdom of Livonia was a short-lived (1570 – 1578) northern European kingdom in Livonia, territory of modern Latvia and
Estonia. It was situated north of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, west of Muscovy, east of Sweden, and bordered the
Baltic Sea. The capital city was Oberpahlen (Põltsamaa).

During first half of CK time frame, Livonia was no real entity, and then, during second hal, was under monastic orders rule. The first ducy of Livonia was actually created in 1561, when entirely conquered by the Grand Duchy of Lithuania... and i didn't find any CoA..... and i felt that one was rather cool :p (source)

Last edited:
Is the regency thing bugged? I sent my King out to fight in a battle, unit disbanded, and he is still unable to rule.....about 10 years later, at 64 years old.

Mrdie said:
Is the regency thing bugged? I sent my King out to fight in a battle, unit disbanded, and he is still unable to rule.....about 10 years later, at 64 years old.

AFAIK, the event isn't bugged. It's the way events work in CK... It's not like EU2 where there are fixed triggers and when met the event fires. In CK, when triggers met, there is a chance it fires... or not. On some occasions, i had under age rulers that never got any regent.

gigau said:
AFAIK, the event isn't bugged. It's the way events work in CK... It's not like EU2 where there are fixed triggers and when met the event fires. In CK, when triggers met, there is a chance it fires... or not. On some occasions, i had under age rulers that never got any regent.

... also how do you stop the unable to rule (schizofrenia) trait from activating all those schizofrenia related events such as the killing off relatives? (an annoying example).

Thanks for the mod though, I really like the graphics.

Okawoa said:
... also how do you stop the unable to rule (schizofrenia) trait from activating all those schizofrenia related events such as the killing off relatives? (an annoying example).

Thanks for the mod though, I really like the graphics.

I'll look into it, thanks

Saulot said:
These metal coats of arms are very nice. Great work!

Thanks, glad my work is appreciated :D

Greetings Gigau,

Is your MOD compatible with BOPACK+SMACK or no?

LAte,
Jester

Jester said:
Greetings Gigau,

Is your MOD compatible with BOPACK+SMACK or no?

LAte,
Jester
As i answede in the discussion thread, my event pack contains BOPACK+SMACK that i've modified to get along with my traits.

However, i think it's worth to mention that the BOPACK version might not be the latest, as i'mcurrently working on a EU3 map mod. I'll check that later.

Gigau,

Great work, first of all. Man, I wish I had the skill and/or the patience to do all this...

Anyhoo, I don't know how it is for others, but for me I'm not getting anywhere with the link for the wood-CoA's. Could you have a look at it?

Also, how many of all of these your fabulos CoA's are also available in wood-texture? :)

Once again, great work. Keep it up.

I'll check all the links right away.
Actually, very few COA are with wood texture. Since january, apart from the COA Grand Request Thread, i haven't workn't on CK modding, i'm working on my EU3:NA MEIOU mod.

gigau said:
I'll check all the links right away.
Actually, very few COA are with wood texture. Since january, apart from the COA Grand Request Thread, i haven't workn't on CK modding, i'm working on my EU3:NA MEIOU mod.
Allright.

I know this isn't the request thread, but if you have time over some time, would it maybe be possible to get those fabulous CoA's for the Holy Land with surroundings with wood-texture? The two-coloured ones in the original game are driving me nuts.

Thanks on beforehand, and no matter what, thanks for all good work :)

Not tonight as i'm exhausted, but i'll try to do it during the week-end.... all the CoA i did with metal texture shall be in wood texture soon ;)