• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
CoA of Charles le Mauvais

Is Charles the Bad

Excellent coat of arm's Gigau, especially those from Russia and HRE, this can give coa a nice personal touch.

I will sent you a PM with my email

But maybe you can also upload the files at

Filefront

This is a free hosting site and it doesn't have a timelimit as far as I know

Veldmaarschalk said:
Is Charles the Bad

Excellent coat of arm's Gigau, especially those from Russia and HRE, this can give coa a nice personal touch.

I will sent you a PM with my email

But maybe you can also upload the files at

Filefront

This is a free hosting site and it doesn't have a timelimit as far as I know

Thanks my friend for both infos :)

For Russia and HRE, i can make more personnal, depending on who one wants... just ask for it ;)

In first post, added links for direct downloads... :cool:

In the first post, added a link to download the wood texture version of the UpdatePack1.

Gigau's UpdatePack2

Here is a second update to my CoA packs. Once again they are all for western Europe. They are mostly based on the "Heraldique Européenne" web site.
I also used the discussions in the Grand CoA Request Thread. Hence i'd like to thank Gratianus for providing me a CoA for Mide (C010), via VeldMarshalk, for which i just had to change to metal texture. I would like also to thanks Birger for informations about the CoA of Armenia and of Crimea.

Important : These CoA have been added to the Europe CoA metal pack, but i have put them also in an "UpdatePack2".

As preview :

coa53ta5.jpg

1/ Anjou
> CoA of the 1st "House" of Anjou, probably mythical.
> Geoffroy III le Barbu (v.1040-1096) count of Anjou (1067) and of Maine changed.
> Charles Ier de France (1270-1325) was count of Anjou. He became duke of Anjou in 1297, changing his CoA.
2/ Aragon
> Used until Petronilla queen of Aragon (1135-1173).
> Starting with Alfonso II (1152-1196), count of Barcelona and king of Aragon.
> In 1412, starting with Fernando Ier (1380-1416), king of Aragon and of Sicily.

coa54au8.jpg

3/ Auvergne
4/ Brittany
> Ancient CoA of Brittany.
> Jean III the Good changed the duchy CoA around 1337.
5/ Bourbon
6/ Duchy of Bourgogne (seems wierd but fits in the duchy mask of my graphic pack :p )
7/ Kingdom of Burgundia

coa55zm9.jpg

8/ Hainaut
> Most ancient Hainaut CoA known.
> Baudouin VI de Constantinople (v.1171-1206), Count of Hainaut and of Flandres changed for the flemish lion.
> Jean II d'Avesnes (1247-1304), count of Hainaut (1257) and of Holland (1299), added the lion of Holland.
9/ Anhalt
> Principality of Anhalt, used until early XIIIth century.
> Principality of Anhalt during XIIIth century.
> Principality of Anhalt during the XIVth and XVth centuries.

coa56dn0.jpg

10/ Portugal
> Alfonso I (1094-1185), count of Portugal (1112), then king of Portugal (1139).
> Sanche Ier (1154-1211), king of Portugal (1185).
> Alfonso III (1210-1279), king of Portugal (1248) after overthrowing his brother Sanche II.
11/ Cyprus
> CoA of the kingdom of Cyprus when it was part of the Byzantine Empire, used until 1191.
> Amaury Ier de Lusignan, king of Jerusalem and of Cyprus.
> Jean II Janus de Lusignan (1374-1432), king of Cyprus, and titulary king of Jerusalem and of Armenia.

coa57op5.jpg

12/ Hungary
> Béla III (+1196), king of Hungary.
> Emeric Ier (1174-1204), king of Hungary.
> Charles Ier Robert d'Anjou (1288-1342), king of Hungary.
> Charles II d'Anjou (1345-1386), king of Naples and of Hungary.
13/ Poland
> At least since Przemislav II (1257-1296), duke of Great Poland, then king of Poland.
> A partir de Ladislas II (1351?-1434), grand-duke of Lithuania and king of Poland.

Gigau's UpdatePack2 - continued

coa58pk7.jpg

14/ Savoie
> Before Thomas Ier (1178-1223), count of Savoie.
> Since Thomas Ier (1178-1223), count of Savoie.
15/ Sweden
> Canut Johanson (?-1234), king of Sweden.
> Since Magnus (Ier) Ladulas (1240-1290), king of Sweden.
> Since Magnus (II) (1316-1374), king of Sweden (1319-1363) and king of Norway (1319-1344).
16/ Trebizond

coa59bj8.jpg

17/ Münster
18/ Kleves
19/ Köln
20/ Fürstenberg
21/ Nürmberg (seems wierd but fits in the county mask of my graphic pack :p )
22/ Rügen, corrected mine thanks to informations from Birger.

coa60tt1.jpg

23/ Durham
24/ Warwick
25/ Pays de Léon
26/ Cornouailles
27/ County of Dauphiné
28/ Duchy of Dauphiné

coa61ct9.jpg

29/ Guines
30/ Verdun
31/ Bourges
32/ Saintonges
33/ Limousin, ancient CoA.
34/ Viviers

coa62tr3.jpg

35/ Mide, thanks to Gratianus.
36/ Bremen
37/ Armenia
38/ Armenia Minor, as on the CoA of Jean II de Lusignan.
39/ Crimean tatars, to be used especially if owned by a mongol or a turk.
40/ Moscovy

Updates for Gigau's Graphics

I've continued working on my graphics. Actually i'm totally reworked my backgrounds :

I've also made a new loading image based on Urban II's call to arms (did some copy/paste using only bits and pieces of his actual speech....

Last, for the moment, i've made a new frontend background :

Gigau's UpdatePack3

Here is a third update to my CoA packs. Once again they are all for western Europe. They are mostly based on the "Heraldique Européenne" web site.
With this update, all counties up to C074 are down, plus the duchies and kingdoms they belong to (therefore, i've finished Iceland and the British Isles).

Important : These CoA have been added to the Europe CoA metal pack, but i have put them also in an "UpdatePack3".

As preview :

coa65xy8.jpg

1/ Iceland
2/ Jämtland
> under norvegian rule.
> under swedish rule.
3/ Sicily
> under the de Hauteville (1066 scenario).
> later scenario.

coa66rm4.jpg

4/ kingdom of Scotland
5/ Duchy of Mar (CoA of the county of Mar and Douglas)
6/ Duchy of Lothian
7/ Duchy of Gwynedd (inspiration from late discussion in the CoA request thread)
8/ Kingdom of Wales (inspiration from late discussion in the CoA request thread)

coa67ko6.jpg

8/ Duchy of Berwick (inspired on the one created much later)
9/ Duchy of Essex
10/ Duchy of Hampshire
11/ Duchy of Lancaster
12/ Duchy of York

coa68wu2.jpg

13/ Lithuania
14/ Duchy of Provence
> aragonese dinasty.
> frankish dinasty.
15/ Duchy of Saxony
> 1066 scenario.
> 1187 scenario.

Nice as always Gigau

One question, the two Icelandic provinces now have the same COA is this correct ?

Veldmaarschalk said:
Nice as always Gigau

Thanks very much :)

Veldmaarschalk said:
One question, the two Icelandic provinces now have the same COA is this correct ?

Yeah, for the moment the 3 CoA for Iceland (counties and duchy) are the same... until i can find sources for the counties. I must say i didn't like the in-game ones :p

All CoA are open to discussion and may change if and when i find a more proper source. For example, in next update pack, i'll add a "more accurate" CoA for Perfeddwlad (thanks to Drachenfire in the Grand CoA Request Thread).

gigau said:
Well actually, if i'm not mistaken, Occitania is the whole south western part of France, from Nimes to the Atlantic. It is most of the french area speaking the language of Oc (or "langue d'oc", which gave Languedoc), by opposition of the language d'Oil, the frankish part of France.
So i guess Languedoc and Aquitaine are just evolution of the same notion, the language and culture of Oc.
(In fact, "oc" and "oil" both mean "yes". It was just the french seperated the two communities living in the country).

I doubt, Occitan is spoken (and contains elements of languages) from western Piedmont to Portugal, so I believe Occitania would be quite a larger area than SW France.

Onedreamer said:
I doubt, Occitan is spoken (and contains elements of languages) from western Piedmont to Portugal, so I believe Occitania would be quite a larger area than SW France.

Let's say that Occitan belongs to the same family as Catalan, Aragonese, Castillan, Portuguese.... each evolving according to the history of the place. So like there is Catalunya, Aragon,.... Occitania is the southwest of France.

Aardavark said:
How does this mod work with the improvement pack from the Public Beta Forum (version 2)?

To be honest i've no idea. I guess for the graphic pack and the CoAs, there won't be any problems. As for the events, i really don't know. There might be some problems though as i have changed some traits... so there might be some incompatibilities.

Veldmaarschalk said:
Nice as always Gigau

Here are the CoA of Iceland as will be uploaded in UpdatePack4 (no date of upload yet) :

icelandis9.png

Duchy of Iceland - As in UpdatePack3

Vestisland : CoA of Reykjavik - The arms show the throne pillars of Ingolfr Árnarson, the first permanent settler of Iceland. After his banishment form Norway, he decided to settle in Iceland. After reaching the coast he threw his throne pillars in the sea and swore to built his home on the spot where the pillars would drift ashore. He found his pillars in the second summer in Iceland on the spot of the present Reykjavík. He thus founded the city.

Austisland : CoA of Akureyri

EDIT : According to new informations, the CoA of the duchy might change...

Problem with regency events

I'm having a problem with the regency events. They fire almost as soon as my king has gone on campaign, and then they never clear. I haven't had a mad or bed-ridden king who recovered, so I don't know if the regency clears in that case either. In the case of the king on campaign, once he gets back home no regency events seem to have fired, but still I wonder if the check has been fixed. Also, regency while on campaign should have a fairly long MTTF, since it was quite normal for Kings to be on campaign, and regency's, ala the one for King Richard, were pretty rare.

Aardavark said:
I'm having a problem with the regency events. They fire almost as soon as my king has gone on campaign, and then they never clear. I haven't had a mad or bed-ridden king who recovered, so I don't know if the regency clears in that case either. In the case of the king on campaign, once he gets back home no regency events seem to have fired, but still I wonder if the check has been fixed. Also, regency while on campaign should have a fairly long MTTF, since it was quite normal for Kings to be on campaign, and regency's, ala the one for King Richard, were pretty rare.

For the lack of getting rid of regency trait, i guess it's bad luck. With the way CK engine works, you can get the event right away or very late. Already had a young king several years before getting a regent.

As for the longer MTTH, i'll give it a thought... and work on that. Thanks for the advice.

I found another oddity. The event where the pope orders you to go on crusade (because you haven't yet participated): Choices A and B both have you declare war on the owner of the crusade target, which is a real pain if the target has already been captured by a Christian ruler. I had a choice between annoying the pope or declaring war on Hungary...

Aardavark said:
I found another oddity. The event where the pope orders you to go on crusade (because you haven't yet participated): Choices A and B both have you declare war on the owner of the crusade target, which is a real pain if the target has already been captured by a Christian ruler. I had a choice between annoying the pope or declaring war on Hungary...

The crusading events are not mine. They are in my mod because i had some editing to do to make it compatible with my modified traits.

As for your problem, i had it too... like for regency event, it has to do with MTTH. Took more time for "end of crusade" event to fire than the "go to crusade" one :p

Nothing much to be done i'm afraid... I'll edit the event file to set MTTH of end of crusade to 6 months. I'll upload it soon after some testing.

Thanks again for the help Aardvark

Gigau's UpdatePack4

Important : These CoA have been added to the Europe CoA metal pack, but i have put them also in an "UpdatePack4" for those who already have downloaded previous COA.

In this new pack, i've continued the work in previous pack. Went from C075 to C236, with appending duchies. This comprises France, Benelux, Spain, Portugal, plus the duchies of Genoa and of Milano.

coa69go3.jpg

> Duchy of Algarve
> Duchy of Almeria - the border should consist of an alternation of Castilla and León. But as during most of the time frame, the two kingdoms are seperate, i put only Castilla.
> Duchy of Artois
> Duchy of Asturias 1066
> Duchy of Asturias 1337 - CoA of the duchy upon creation in the XVIth century.

coa70lp7.jpg

> Duchy of Badajoz
> Duchy of Bordeaux - CoA of Guyenne
> Duchy of Braganza
> Duchy of Catalunya
> Duchy of Coimbra

coa71ad5.jpg

> Duchy of Cordoba
> Duchy of Dauphiné
> Duchy of Castilla
> Duchy of Francia - chose the CoA of the ecclesiastical peerage of Reims
> Duchy of Navarra

coa72nj1.jpg

> Duchy of Flandres
> Duchy of Flandres - modern CoA for those who prefer that one
> Duchy of Franconia
> Duchy of Friesland
> Duchy of Galicia

coa73wu3.jpg

> Duchy of Genoa
> Duchy of Iceland - Dry cod on gules background, used by independant Iceland at least since 1414 (crown was only added a century later)
> Duchy of Iceland - CoA of Iceland as vassal of Norway
> Duchies of Languedoc and of Toulouse
> Duchy of Lower Lorraine - had a hard time finding data for that one... and in fact failed. All i found was that lions were a common feature of all CoAs in Lower Lorraine. So i selected four lion CoA in that area. Above, i put the CoA of Godfroy de Bouillon, which previously was of Lotharingia.

coa74ne6.jpg

> Duchy of Milano
> Duchy of Murcia
> Duchy of Orléans 1066 and 1187
> Duchy of Orléans 1337
> Duchy of Picardie

coa75cp0.jpg

> Duchy of Poitou
> Duchy of Salamanca
> Duchy of Sevilla
> Duchy of Marca Hispanica - gave the CoA of Girona... not sure if the CoA is accurate for the CK timeframe though
> Duchy of Toledo

coa76kh3.jpg

> Duchy of Upper Lorraine - found this CoA as that of Upper Lotharingia.
> Duchy of Valencia
> Duchy of Zaragoza
> County of Sticht - performing research, i learnt that "sticht" was in fact a dutch Prince of the Church. As the location was close enough to Utrecht, i chose that CoA
> County of Dijon

coa77dm1.jpg

> County of Compostela - CoA of Santiago de Compostella
> County of Santiago - Strange that one city gave two CK provinces. Chose the CoA of Tui, a city of some importance at that time. Was a capital to the visigoth kingdom of Galaecia.
> alternate County of Santiago - Previously, i had chosen Vigo and made this CoA... until i learn that Vigo became a noticeable village only during the XVth century. I let it in the pack, in case some want to use it.
> County of Valencia
> County of Mertola

coa78vv2.jpg

> County of El Bierzo
> County of Rioja
> County of Lleida
> County of Jaca
> County of Montpellier

For the duchies not shown above, they had been included in previous CoA packs.

Gigay, that's awesome, more than awesome, it's awesomest awesomness I've ever seen:)

Backgrounds are especially nice!