• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ser_model_0_0x.png
(it should be INF)
This type is best, consistency aboard all gfx is best.

Great... Please consult me first if you want to introduce new models because i might have to rework OOB for that...

I love the triangular flag. It will make models look unique. I do prefer smaller groups of soldiers on models, see my attempt. Large groups look like crowd. I liked very much AC model but less so infantry one.

Yup, I will follow your list that you posted here on this thread.

Okay on triangular flags and picture profile but what about the shading?

I like them because they don't look like they are 21st century style (you can see that if you go deeper in the picture). Shading in the example is okay.
It's fine, 90s style models! You have my green light! :)

Which example? Which shading do you prefer?

This type is best, consistency aboard all gfx is best.

I agree on the consistency thing. So I presume you like less shading more than how it's on the other example model?

Please give me your opinion on the shading and I will start creating the models.

Alright then, I will start with the models today. The biggest problem will be to find good pictures.

EDIT: Should all Serb republics/nations/SAOs have the same models or different ones?
I would say definite yes... I've set up models with that in mind.

Let me post few pictures that survived on my laptop since I've been working on models.
I've deleted 95% of pics. If you like any of these I'll post them in the full size.

I haven't posted any company logos but I have virtually every single weapon producer on my file. Only one I did not find is Bugojno.
Remember - these are actually factories in the game. Controlling a province where factory is will give a boost (e.g. controlling Kragujevac means you have cheaper supplies and few other kicks). Hence these factories are not the tech teams as development usually happened elsewhere, factories only delivered goods.

HV - AA units.png
HV - AA units. Rare image of all 3 types of AA in the game - guns, armoured and rocket.

LOV Torpedo RAK24.jpg_thumb.png
LOV Torpedo - RAK 24 - Croatian made.
RAK-12-3.jpg_thumb.png
RAK 24 - production line... it is really hard to find any image of ex-Yugoslav production lines.

riverboat.jpg
River boat. Croatia had a several of these. I used to remember seeing them on Kupa and Sava rivers.

Yup, I will follow your list that you posted here on this thread.

Okay on triangular flags and picture profile but what about the shading?

Which example? Which shading do you prefer?

I agree on the consistency thing. So I presume you like less shading more than how it's on the other example model?

Please give me your opinion on the shading and I will start creating the models.
Less shading (the second one) and sorry for very late answer, had school stuff to do.
Cheers,

Last edited:
You said you want a single model and really spent some time on finding good pictures from the war and not from somewhere else.
Those that I liked the most:
sw2Z01K.jpg

Why this one? It's shows action, it's does not show only one detachment of the artillery crew.

ItV9RyY.jpg

Why this one? Two units involved again, the picture is sourced so it isn't from some other war.

Balkans_War_1991,_Serb_rockets_-_Flickr_-_Peter_Denton_%E4%B8%95%E7%89%B9_._%E5%A4%A9%E7%99%BB.jpg

You don't have to take into account this one, but I needed to show this iconic photography of serb artilery directed to Dubrovnik during the siege of that city.
I have to admit it's really hard to find good photos. if you don't like some, or none of them, i'll try to find better ones. Cheers.

Well, works for me also, I prefer real pictures over edited ones, but I like your proposals too.

When they are shrunk to the right size it is hard to see a difference. Since infantry units are already graphical images, not pictures then this could work.

7963TP352315_min1_4.jpg

I like the last two because they have sharp edges and distinctive colours so once turned into a model pic they should look really nice.

Well, let's see what Hax says, he is our Gfx guy :D

Since the whole APZB was founded in 1993 and at the same time as the Fikret Abdić's party "DNZ", which had it's own weekly news, we could use this:
FREkmGB.png

I got this already in .bmp it looks good to me.

They were used in WW2, however they still made a large part of the JNA AA brigade/regiment. Such a regiment also had some rocket artillery and armoured AA guns so perhaps we should look for Strela or similar picture. I just ran into this one and I liked it. :)