• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PerryCaravello

Private
122 Badges
Aug 12, 2014
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Magicka
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Divine Wind
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
Did anyone else see that this mod was removed from steam because the maker believes the new Cossacks trailer to be racist? He now believes that Paradox is completely racist and wants Anatolia removed from the game. Haha

I used and really liked this mod. This is a really strange reaction to a trailer. Wasn't the trailer based off of a historical event? He is Turkish it seems btw

Here's a link to the mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=381321692

Reactions:
Paradox puts a historical quote in their trailer, and this guy thinks it's racist?

What game has he been playing for the last two years?

Reactions:
Some of the recent comments to that mod... Far more disturbing than his misguided protest...

Reactions:
Our work here is done!

go74IXN.jpg

Reactions:
Paradox puts a historical quote in their trailer, and this guy thinks it's racist?

What game has he been playing for the last two years?
Historical quote? The actual letter is WAY more spicy. In my opinion the whole reason Cossacks are such bad asses is because they got this surprisingly reasonable, peaceful offer from the boss of the club that threatened the half the Europe and not only did they refuse... They recklessly mocked this enormously powerful man.

Some of the recent comments to that mod... Far more disturbing than his misguided protest...
Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.

Reactions:
Historical quote? The actual letter is WAY more spicy.
Well, yeah, but they couldn't fit the whole letter into a minute-long trailer.

Reactions:
In my opinion the whole reason Cossacks are such bad asses is because they got this surprisingly reasonable, peaceful offer from the boss of the club that threatened the half the Europe.
I agree with what you said there about the full text being a lot spicier, but I'm not sure why you'd call the Sultan's letter "reasonable". There is a pretty clear threat there, it's basically "I'm a big bad scary guy, don't mess with me", but slightly wordier.

Reactions:
Well, yeah, but they couldn't fit the whole letter into a minute-long trailer.
I think it has more to do with Paradox trying to keep it child-friendly and avoiding offending anyone - which happened anyway.

Reactions:
I agree with what you said there about the full text being a lot spicier, but I'm not sure why you'd call the Sultan's letter "reasonable". There is a pretty clear threat there, it's basically "I'm a big bad scary guy, don't mess with me", but slightly wordier.
You do realise the Cossacks were tiny, tiny, tiny in comparison with the grand Ottoman Empire and yet very present in looting. I think it was Norman Davies who mentioned in one of his books how Poles couldn't tame the Cossacks, who ventured far enough to plunder villages surrounding Constantinople just like that. Absolutely reckless, like I said. The Sultan didn't even impose any conditions on them. He totally could have turned all of them into Tartar (the dish). Instead he asked them nicely, considering a person in his position has to keep face.

Reactions:
This guy needs some common sens.™
Also the letter and the trailer do not insult the Turks but only the sultan.
here is the link for those who don't know what letter the trailer if paraphrasing.

Reactions:
You do realise the Cossacks were tiny, tiny, tiny in comparison with the grand Ottoman Empire and yet very present in looting. I think it was Norman Davies who mentioned in one of his books how Poles couldn't tame the Cossacks, who ventured far enough to plunder villages surrounding Constantinople just like that. Absolutely reckless, like I said. The Sultan didn't even impose any conditions on them. He totally could have turned all of them into Tartar (the dish). Instead he asked them nicely, considering a person in his position has to keep face.
After that event, the Sultan, Mehmed 4 attacked Austria and piercely lost by Polish army. And Poland had rough ruling over Cossacks. Jan Sobiesky is criticized with his bad ruling, but he definetely was one of the greatest general at that time. And, though the Sultan was the most powerful ruler, total circumstance wasn't good for him. He can't attack them. So he sent a message and then neglected Cossacks.

Reactions:
See, just by offering up some content for a specific group of people, you're taking sides Paradox!!! That's why you made the Ottomans such a weak country as well, because racism...

You need to understand that this person is offended! You're not allowed to do that! From now on, all countries need to have identical events and NI's. Oh, and all tribes have to be lucky nations.

To avoid this in the future, I think you all need to be more thoughtful on which groups of people you should be ignoring, because... something something colonialist appropriation...

/sarcasm

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.